Page 145 of 240 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 155 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3596

Thread: I need a new show...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: I need a new show...

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    This would be amazing, great mix of strategy, competition skills and loud characters!

Vanessa gets no love for how good she was at the game lol
    Thats true.... she won 7 competitions in a season... thats pretty dang good.

I also forgot about Kaycee... get her in there.

And then add in a Donny or JC or James.

They could get a stellar cast that would rake in the views.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Hoops on Netflix is decent time burner.
    "time burner" - is this a good thing?? If our time is limited, why would you intentionally burn some of it on something that isn't good?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The wife & I are currently watching Schitts Creek (a Canadian show - how 'come I haven't read about that, maybe somebody mentioned it).
    It's a very solid... we call it "in between" show.
    We like to alternate between deeply thought-provoking/complex shows and lighter-watch shows.

We can surf our phones, social media, phone games... it's good, never feels "bad".
    The Levys are great... didn't know that Eugene's son (& daughter) were into TV world.
    Thumbs up.

We finished and LOVED "Dark" on Netflix... except that show requires INTENSE focus/concentration to really appreciate it.
    I mean that shit start getting really twisted/complex.
    Even deep into season 3 we are still saying "Which one is this again? From which family? From when? From where? Oh... ok... and we know from the scar and the haircut... right, right..."
    Man.

The only reason s1 had a low Metacritic score is because they dubbed in the english voices and the english text, apparently, from two different companies.
    So those don't match up and it seems "low end"... but the story is TIGHT.
    Usually concepts like this, I can usually find logistical flaws... but they must've had a couple high-end logicians working with them, because it all checks out... which makes it all the more enjoyable.

We aren't sure what we will shift to next... but have still s5 & s6 of Schitts Creek yet!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Eugene levy and Catherine O’Hara are classic comedians from SCTV. Schitt’s Creek is a very good comedy series which likes being on the edge.
    A solid show as a bit of a breather after dark dramas like The Bridge, Bordertown. Happy Valley is an awesome British detective series.
    Henning Mankell’s Wallender is a great series to watch and/or read. I’m looking forward to checking out the new series Young Wallender.
    Cheers
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Immortal

Schitt's Creek was a great show. Very glad my wife gave it a shot and watched because every main character is absolutely hilarious. And the later seasons do a fantastic job showing the intricacies of same sex relationships.

Dobber Sports Master

Hello gents! Just started watching Warrior Nun on Netflix. Its better than I thought it was going to be. 3 episodes in and it has kept my interest. Thought it would be too much of a teen show. I'm happily surprised. Wont change your life though. I was looking for something that me and my wife could watch with my 14 year old This one is seems to be doing the trick.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    We finished and LOVED "Dark" on Netflix... except that show requires INTENSE focus/concentration to really appreciate it.
    I mean that shit start getting really twisted/complex.
    Even deep into season 3 we are still saying "Which one is this again? From which family? From when? From where? Oh... ok... and we know from the scar and the haircut... right, right..."
    Man.

The only reason s1 had a low Metacritic score is because they dubbed in the english voices and the english text, apparently, from two different companies.
    So those don't match up and it seems "low end"... but the story is TIGHT.
    Usually concepts like this, I can usually find logistical flaws... but they must've had a couple high-end logicians working with them, because it all checks out... which makes it all the more enjoyable.
    I doubled down on my DARK experience. Had a week off and watched 1-2 episodes a day but mixed in listening to show-focused podcasts to enhance the experience, and make sure I knew what was going on since I had no one who was watching concurrently to bounce ideas off of. Very satisfied with the experience with that show. And amazed at how quickly they put it together!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I doubled down on my DARK experience. Had a week off and watched 1-2 episodes a day but mixed in listening to show-focused podcasts to enhance the experience, and make sure I knew what was going on since I had no one who was watching concurrently to bounce ideas off of. Very satisfied with the experience with that show. And amazed at how quickly they put it together!
    I might have to finally give this show a shot.

Dobber Sports Stud

Watched the first 2 episodes of Dark last night. I have one question, is this just a darker version of "Stranger Things"? Which podcasts did you listen to?

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Watched the first 2 episodes of Dark last night. I have one question, is this just a darker version of "Stranger Things"? Which podcasts did you listen to?
    The first season definitely has "German Stranger Things" vibes. That was part of the hook. I listened to "The Watch" which discussed it in increments throughout the run of the show, but supplemented with "Digesting DARK" for the final season because "The Watch" fell behind on it.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

The first season definitely has "German Stranger Things" vibes. That was part of the hook. I listened to "The Watch" which discussed it in increments throughout the run of the show, but supplemented with "Digesting DARK" for the final season because "The Watch" fell behind on it.
    Thanks. Does it shake off those vibes? or does it continue on into season 2 and 3.?

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Wife and I watched 2 episodes when Dark came out, like three years ago... and gave up, same thing - wasn't creative enough/ felt like Stranger Things.
    Episodes 3/4/5 (I quickly reviewed Wiki reviews) are the ones where you learn how this story heads in a different direction.
    If you are paying close enough attention, by end of episode 5... you realize that this show has a very creative loop to it.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    "time burner" - is this a good thing?? If our time is limited, why would you intentionally burn some of it on something that isn't good?
    Sounds like it's good for what he wants and that is to let him fall asleep. There is a lot of value in a decent show which provides some entertainment but isn't that heavy or deep. Many times I just want to watch something light and easy to occupy my time and mildly entertain me. I call it comfort TV.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Wife and I watched 2 episodes when Dark came out, like three years ago... and gave up, same thing - wasn't creative enough/ felt like Stranger Things.
    Episodes 3/4/5 (I quickly reviewed Wiki reviews) are the ones where you learn how this story heads in a different direction.
    If you are paying close enough attention, by end of episode 5... you realize that this show has a very creative loop to it.
    i need a support group... i just finished episode S1E5 and i think i get the creative loop(???)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Deity

I watched the first episode last night myself. I found it be to interesting enough to make me want to watch the next episode tonight. Lets see where this goes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."