Thread: Iginla for Staal

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Iginla for Staal

Boys, keeper league, I\'ve already drafted the first two rounds. We draft 3-15 rounds in August. My friend took staal and wants to move him, so i\'m gonna give him iginla. WOuld u call this even? SHould i ask for another draft pick?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re:Iginla for Staal

From now on, my concern with calgary players is KEENAN....so you never know what gonna happends...

So don\'t take any chance...trade for Staal and ditch Calgary player away...
    Staal is much younger than Iginla and I think that he can just increase is production from last year and comeback to what he did 2 years ago....100pts season!

I agree, in a keeper league its an easy decision. Staal can (not definitely will) outscore Iginla this season nevermind 2, 3, or 5 years from now when Iginla is in his 30s and Staal is approaching his prime years. Do it and do it fast.

blindedbyfear

Are you trying to win this year? If you ask me, Keenan was brought in to coach Calgary this season to make the most out of their window of opportunity. My guess is that he\'s going to be an absolute beast this season. I mean career year beast. He was on an absolute tear at times last season, and I don\'t see it letting up.

I used to think Iginla was one of those guys who was better in real life than in fantasy. I now think he\'s turned the corner.

I like Staal (I assume you\'re referring to Eric) a lot, but for this year I\'d want at least a pick or something.

And even if you were semi-rebuilding, I\'d ask for a pick anyway.

But, if you\'re going for this year, I\'d keep Iginla.

Post edited by: blindedbyfear, at: 2007/07/09 14:10

Dobber Sports Apprentice

are you trying to win this year or possibly next year? are you looking to draft a younger team or older?

I know keenan is in calgary and most peeps don\'t like that BUT keenan has a tendency to play his stars, a lot. someone else mentioned this team as similar to the 94 rangers, i agree with that comparison and think this could be a big year for iginla. he should get loads of ice time and be on for all situations.

i think you also have to wonder about staal. yup he had a 100 point season and quite possibly had the hangover blues last year but the team he\'s on and the players around him aren\'t the youngest lot out there. something to keep in mind.

personally i think i\'d do the trade, the age factor is huge in this deal and you\'d be good for plenty of years to come even if iginla outscores staal this year, your time will come soon enough.

what i would suggest tho is completing some more of your draft(unless the other guy gives you a now or never). there\'s a possibility you can get a package with different players and keep iginla.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

thansk guys, im just gonna keep iginla and worst come to worst trade him when he\'s ripping it up

Dobber Sports Icon

mysterymike wrote:
    thansk guys, im just gonna keep iginla and worst come to worst trade him when he\'s ripping it up
    I think it was the consensus to go after staal, not keep iginla... but whatever.

Despite my man love for iginla, I think I\'d even pull the trigger on this one... staal is way younger, and already has a higher career high season than iginla does.

Fantasy wise: I\'d do this deal. Real life: Not in a second.

Post edited by: lanky522, at: 2007/07/12 08:12
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW