Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NHL Entry Draft

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    He could even be better then that. I would not be surprised if he becomes the best!
    Yup!.......

Dobber Sports Pro

Guess we can add that first to Dallas, and forfeit CLB's third.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Interesting draft picks information (top picks)

Avalanche: Have all their picks....except their 7th rounder....
    Blackhawks: They don't have a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
    Columbus: They own LA, NYR, and their own first, and their own 2nd, but most likely will have to forfeit their 3rd because the Rangers aren't making it to the Cup Finals (Nash deal)
    Blues: If they make the playoffs they will lose their first rounder, they don't own their 2nd, but they own Ottawa's 2nd.
    Bruins: If they advance to the East Finals, they owe Dallas their 1st.....anything other outcome and it's their 2nd instead.
    Canadiens: They have their first and 3 seconds (their own, Calgary, Nashville). 4 picks in the top 40 potentially.
    Canucks: Don't own their 2nd (Roy deal)
    Capitals: Have all their picks
    Coyotes: Have all their picks except their 4th, but own Florida's 3rd too.
    Devils: Currently hold the 10th overall spot, and they host the draft this year. They will not be forfeiting their 1st rounder this year (Kovalchuk saga), and will HAVE to forfeit it next year. Can't wait for that.
    Ducks: Own their 1st and 3rd and the Islanders 2nd.
    Flames: They have their own first, Pittsburghs first, and maybe St.Louis 1st if they qualify for playoffs. They don't have a 2nd though!
    Flyers: They will own their top 3 picks
    Hurricanes: They will own their top 3 picks
    Islanders: They have their 1st and 3rd.
    Jets: They have their 1st, Chicago's 2nd, their own 2nd, and a compensatory 2nd from the league (59th overall).
    Kings: They don't have a first (Jeff Carter deal)
    Lightning: They don't own a 3rd
    Maple Leafs: They will own their top 3 picks
    Oilers: Don't own a 3rd or 4th but they have their own 1st and 2nd and Anaheim's 2nd.
    Panthers: They don't have a 3rd.
    Penguins: They don't have a 1st or 2nd but will have two 3rds
    Predators: Don't own a 2nd
    Rangers: Don't pick until the 3rd, where they own three picks
    Red Wings: Have all their picks
    Sabres: Own their own and Minny's 1st, and their own and Blues 2nd.
    Ottawa: Doesn't own a 2nd, but have two 4ths.
    Sharks: Have their own first, and three 2nds.
    Stars: Have their own first, and 2nd along with Vancouvers 2nd....And will own either Boston's 1st or 2nd depending if Boston reaches the East Finals.
    Wild: Don't have their first, but own their 2nd and New Jerseys and San Jose's third too.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, KA Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin
    Zherenko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Petan - That article was interesting, but as it pointed out, the Rattie/Poulliot factor isn't taken into account, let alone Leipsic and Jones.

Finnish forwards - Tamppara Tampere forwards with over 35 points - 5; KalPa Kuopio players with over 35 points - 1. Spin that how you like but I don't think Barkov is necessarily the most talented Finn in this draft.

Nashville: If I drafted one of their prospects, I'd instantly pray the miss the playoffs so Trotz would get fired. Kinda like how I wish for my St. Louis prospects to get traded out from under Hitchcock.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Ninja

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6h
    Some scouts have Drouin ahead of MacKinnon, and vice vera obviously, and I know at least one who has Aleksander Barkov ahead of both of them

Some interesting comments.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    Petan - That article was interesting, but as it pointed out, the Rattie/Poulliot factor isn't taken into account, let alone Leipsic and Jones.

Finnish forwards - Tamppara Tampere forwards with over 35 points - 5; KalPa Kuopio players with over 35 points - 1. Spin that how you like but I don't think Barkov is necessarily the most talented Finn in this draft.

Nashville: If I drafted one of their prospects, I'd instantly pray the miss the playoffs so Trotz would get fired. Kinda like how I wish for my St. Louis prospects to get traded out from under Hitchcock.
    Second point is ridiculous
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6h
    Some scouts have Drouin ahead of MacKinnon, and vice vera obviously, and I know at least one who has Aleksander Barkov ahead of both of them

Some interesting comments.
    they say this every year. some scouts have hall over seguin, some have seguin over hall, and at least one will have connolly over both.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    they say this every year. some scouts have hall over seguin, some have seguin over hall, and at least one will have connolly over both.
    Maybe it's the same scout....hahah.

Banned

because it's true

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    because it's true
    so why is it made out to be such a big deal? chances are when you have a bunch of scouts ranking players, there will be that one guy who wants to make a controversy and say someone else should be ranked first.

there is no way in hell barkov goes before drouin and mackinnon, if col/tbl/fla really wanted barkov for some reason then they would trade down. there is like 0% chance that the top three isnt jones/drouin/mackinnon (in whatever order).

Banned

so why is it made out to be such a big deal? chances are when you have a bunch of scouts ranking players, there will be that one guy who wants to make a controversy and say someone else should be ranked first.

there is no way in hell barkov goes before drouin and mackinnon, if col/tbl/fla really wanted barkov for some reason then they would trade down. there is like 0% chance that the top three isnt jones/drouin/mackinnon (in whatever order).
    Ok, this is irrelevant though as all Bob McKenzie said is one scout has Barkov over them, not that Barkov is going to go ahead of them.

and if col/tb/fl really wanted Barkov, everyone else would probably know this so they wouldn't trade up. If they want Barkov just take him.

I wouldn't put any odds on anything when it comes to the draft. You never know what's gonna happen.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Ok, this is irrelevant though as all Bob McKenzie said is one scout has Barkov over them, not that Barkov is going to go ahead of them.

and if col/tb/fl really wanted Barkov, everyone else would probably know this so they wouldn't trade up. If they want Barkov just take him.

I wouldn't put any odds on anything when it comes to the draft. You never know what's gonna happen.
    how does that even make sense? you're telling me if nashville knew that colorado wanted to trade down to land barkov, nashville wouldnt do it?

Banned

how does that even make sense? you're telling me if nashville knew that colorado wanted to trade down to land barkov, nashville wouldnt do it?
    If Nashville didn't care who they got out of Jones/Mackinnon/Drouin then it wouldn't make sense to give up assets to trade up.

I meant that the teams will let whoever take Barkov if they didn't want him themselves.

You don't see trade downs at the top anymore.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Second point is ridiculous
    Tell that to James Neal.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    Tell that to James Neal.
    When I see him I'll let him know

Seriously though, are you suggesting that Barkov plays with the Finnish equivalent to Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz and Letang? Most would argue that Barkov is the best of the bunch on his team.
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    When I see him I'll let him know

Seriously though, are you suggesting that Barkov plays with the Finnish equivalent to Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz and Letang? Most would argue that Barkov is the best of the bunch on his team.
    I was just using an extreme example to validate my point a bit from ridiculous to ponder-able. I'm not sure why if someone has an opposing view than that of the majority around here it can be so ill-received. It's just food for thought, I'm not putting the deed up.

Barkov's situation: Niemenen has some NHL experience and has enjoyed success in SM-Liiga, Connoly had a great college career and Koskiranta looks like he's done well enough for himself for a younger player.

Lehkonen's situation: playing with one decent guy in Salminen and then there's zero supporting cast. I'm not saying he's any better than Barkov, but Barkov is in a much better situation. Barkov has almost twice the games from the previous year as well, so there's also a bit more comfort for him I would think.

Even if you go back to Saku Koivu's first year, he played 46 games with only 10 points. It's pretty much apples and oranges I'm sure comparing the league decades apart, but still.

No one is going to draft Lehkonen ahead of Barkov, real world or fantasy, but to state it's ridiculous that one 17 year old could end up having a more successful career than another at this stage is bold.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    G-Varlamov