Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NHL Entry Draft

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    Wow! Can you begin to explain away what he just did this year as a baby in a mens league?
    Poor league, much slower game. Slow skater like him won't have a problem tearing up a Euro league. He obviously did very well for a young player but I still don't see it translating as well to the NHL, kinda like Granlund.

Not hating the guy, I would just take those four forwards I listed above ahead of him. Monahan, maybe not, I'd have to think long and hard about that.

Dobber Sports Ace

Most scouts have it listed as average to slightly below. Definitely the weakest part of his game. Same thing that was said about Tavares.
    I agree its the weakest part of his game but I think the term skating is to vague, his skating is quite good with the exception of his first few steps/explosivness.
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Poor league, much slower game. Slow skater like him won't have a problem tearing up a Euro league. He obviously did very well for a young player but I still don't see it translating as well to the NHL, kinda like Granlund.

Not hating the guy, I would just take those four forwards I listed above ahead of him. Monahan, maybe not, I'd have to think long and hard about that.
    The finish league is not slow, they don´t play physical, that´s a point, but it´s far away from slow!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    The finish league is not slow, they don´t play physical, that´s a point, but it´s far away from slow!
    Any league on big ice is slower than small ice. Even Sweden. You have all the time and space in the world if you're a forward. Look at a guy like Silfverberg who had all the time in the world to release his cannon wrister, but over here he has no time at all to get his shot off and hasn't been able to yet.

Dobber Sports Expert

There´s obviously more space and yes it is a bit slower, but not much. I have watched a lot of finish teams and players on european ice, so i don´t know what your opinion is based on.

Dobber Sports Stud

BUT Granlund is on the small side while Barkov is a big kid and put up better stats at a younger age. Barkov is among the all time elite players his age to ever come out of Finland. I understand your Finnish bias but to bet against him could be a big mistake.

Banned

BUT Granlund is on the small side while Barkov is a big kid and put up better stats at a younger age. Barkov is among the all time elite players his age to ever come out of Finland. I understand your Finnish bias but to bet against him could be a big mistake.
    How is is betting against him if I'm picking him 6th overall in the draft? Just prefer other players, that's all.

Dobber Sports Stud

How is is betting against him if I'm picking him 6th overall in the draft? Just prefer other players, that's all.
    OK so a team would be CRAZY to take him 5th but sane to take him 6th?

Banned

OK so a team would be CRAZY to take him 5th but sane to take him 6th?
    Yes.

I see your point, but still I think it's nuts to compare him to Drouin or Mackinnon or Jones at this stage as some people have.

Dobber Sports Ace

Yes.

I see your point, but still I think it's nuts to compare him to Drouin or Mackinnon or Jones at this stage as some people have.
    Barkov is a tier below those three
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Stud

I think it's nuts to compare him to Drouin or Mackinnon or Jones at this stage as some people have.
    No argument from me on this

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Definitely take Tavares #1. Barkov is a lot slower as a prospect, and not nearly as good of a prospect either.

But I also wouldn't take Barkov because he's a Fin...just a ton of Fins disappointing recently.

I would bank that all of Monahan, Mackinnon, Drouin, and Lindholm have better careers than Barkov.
    I would bank that you've never even seen Barkov play an actual game for Tappara. Pretty bold statements based on a combination of nation bias and youtube scouting. Actually I'd bank you've never seen Lindholm play for Brynas either, but I guess he looked better on youtube highlights.

Dobber Sports Sage

Do you guy's think anyone would entertain Kessel plus the Leafs first in the top 3 picks. Probably not but I'm board and desperately want one of them and hate Kessel as everyone must be aware.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Great One

What a silly exchange.

Barkov is the 3rd best forward in this draft.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    What a silly exchange.

Barkov is the 3rd best forward in this draft.

He could even be better then that. I would not be surprised if he becomes the best!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.