Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2013 NHL Entry Draft

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    I should clarify that, that wasn't a fantasy ranking but a ranking of where I actually have the prospects!
    That makes much more sense! Do you have a ranking for fantasy? Standard Yahoo H2H.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Guru

hey VA, just my .02, Monahan is a pretty damn good offensive player. i'd prolly get scared and pick him before the russian.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    hey VA, just my .02, Monahan is a pretty damn good offensive player. i'd prolly get scared and pick him before the russian.
    I could totally understand that but I'm not sure I'd pick him ahead of Lindholm. However I do like the boom/bust picks so I'd go Nichushkin before either of those two
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

The Great One

Barkov and Nurse will not participate in the fitness portion at the NHL Draft combine.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Barkov and Nurse will not participate in the fitness portion at the NHL Draft combine.
    Well, no kidding on Barkov. He just had shoulder surgery.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
    Well, no kidding on Barkov. He just had shoulder surgery.
    It's been about 6 weeks since the surgery but yeah still recovering.

The Great One

My very quick rankings for (points) fantasy purposes only - will change after the draft for sure.

Top 10 Forwards
    Jonathan Drouin
    Nathan MacKinnon
    Aleksander Barkov
    Valeri Nichushkin
    Elias Lindholm
    Sean Monahan
    Hunter Shinkaruk
    Max Domi
    Nic Petan
    Lucas Wallmark

Top 10 Defenders
    Seth Jones
    Shea Theodore
    Ian McCoshen
    Jordan Subban
    Ryan Pulock
    Rasmus Ristolainen
    Josh Morrissey
    Darnell Nurse
    Eric Roy
    Michael Brodzinski

Top 5 Goalies
    Zachary Fucale
    Philippe Desrosiers
    Eric Comrie
    Tristan Jarry
    Juuse Saros

*Most will probably disagree with the defense ranking.
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; May 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

Dobber Sports Sage

My very quick rankings for (points) fantasy purposes only - will change after the draft for sure.

Top 10 Forwards
    Jonathan Drouin
    Nathan MacKinnon
    Aleksander Barkov
    Valeri Nichushkin
    Elias Lindholm
    Sean Monahan
    Hunter Shinkaruk
    Max Domi
    Nic Petan
    Lucas Wallmark

Top 10 Defenders
    Seth Jones
    Shea Theodore
    Ian McCoshen
    Jordan Subban
    Ryan Pulock
    Rasmus Ristolainen
    Josh Morrissey
    Darnell Nurse
    Eric Roy
    Michael Brodzinski

Top 5 Goalies
    Zachary Fucale
    Philippe Desrosiers
    Eric Comrie
    Tristan Jarry
    Juuse Saros

No shit most will disagree with the D ranking! Ristolianen and Morrisssey should be 2 and 3.. Ristolianen is so under rated on this forum it is funny. The N.A bias on here is starting to become a real problem around here as far as I'm concerned. Not directed at you personally but in general. It is seriously effecting the advice people are getting.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

Top 10 Forwards
    Jonathan Drouin
    Nathan MacKinnon
    Aleksander Barkov
    Valeri Nichushkin
    Elias Lindholm
    Sean Monahan
    Hunter Shinkaruk
    Max Domiun
    Nic Petan
    Lucas Wallmark

Top 10 Defenders
    Seth Jones
    Shea Theodore
    Ian McCoshen
    Jordan Subban
    Ryan Pulock
    Rasmus Ristolainen
    Josh Morrissey
    Darnell Nurse
    Eric Roy
    Michael Brodzinski

Top 5 Goalies
    Zachary Fucale
    Philippe Desrosiers
    Eric Comrie
    Tristan Jarry
    Juuse Saros

Your forward and Goalie rankings are almost exactly the same as mine.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Stud

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet I strongly encourage people to give it a read.

http://nhlnumbers.com/2013/5/8/top-3...-equivalencies

There's one name on this list that's going to surpise a lot of people.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    The N.A bias on here is starting to become a real problem around here as far as I'm concerned. Not directed at you personally but in general. It is seriously effecting the advice people are getting.
    Oh? Are you refering to the 2013 draft class? I felt like before the 2013 draft chatter started up all I was hearing about were: Granlund, Nyqvist, Grigorenko, Yakupov, Teravainen, etc, etc.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    Oh? Are you refering to the 2013 draft class? I felt like before the 2013 draft chatter started up all I was hearing about were: Granlund, Nyqvist, Grigorenko, Yakupov, Teravainen, etc, etc.
    Not talking about any draft class in particular but in general. It is absurd as far as I'm concerned. Especially when you consider that the majority of the last 10 years there have been more none NA Ross and Richard winners. Don't know that for a fact but I'm pretty sure and way to lazy to look it up right now lol

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Not talking about any draft class in particular but in general. It is absurd as far as I'm concerned. Especially when you consider that the majority of the last 10 years there have been more none NA Ross and Richard winners. Don't know that for a fact but I'm pretty sure and way to lazy to look it up right now lol
    Many of the top dogs from recent draft years have been from NA, that's not opinion, it's fact!! Tavares, Stamkos, Giroux, Hall, Eberle, Seguin, Skinner, Couture, Stepan, RNH, Huberdeau, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Kessel, Giroux, Lucic, E Kane, P Kane, Benn, Toews, Duchene, etc, etc, etc. It almost reads like a who's, who of stars drafted from 2006 on. Of course there are lots of good players from outside NA but the list would pale in comparison to the one I just made.

As for the Richard trophy, 7 of the last 10 winners were from NA.

I actually think people in the fantasy hockey world tend to over rate players from overseas consistently. They rank them higher based on upside projections that are based largely on the concept that they play a more skilled game than their NA counterparts. This may or may not be true but what I know to be true is that the huge majority of NHL stars coming out of the draft over the past 5-6 years have been from NA. Bet against that at your own peril.
    Last edited by 4horsemen; May 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM.

Dobber Sports Sage

Many of the top dogs from recent draft years have been from NA, that's not opinion, it's fact!! Tavares, Stamkos, Giroux, Hall, Eberle, Seguin, Skinner, Couture, Stepan, RNH, Huberdeau, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Kessel, Giroux, Lucic, E Kane, P Kane, Benn, Toews, Duchene, etc, etc, etc. It almost reads like a who's, who of stars drafted from 2006 on. Of course there are lots of good players from outside NA but the list would pale in comparison to the one I just made.

As for the Richard trophy, 7 of the last 10 winners were from NA.

I actually think people in the fantasy hockey world tend to over rate players from overseas consistently. They rank them higher based on upside projections that are based largely on the concept that they play a more skilled game than their NA counterparts. This may or may not be true but what I know to be true is that the huge majority of NHL stars coming out of the draft over the past 5-6 years have been from NA. Bet against that at your own peril.
    As for your 7 out of 10 Ross winners were from NA that is completly backwards 7 out of ten were from over seas.... So I dont know if that was a mistake in typing? 42 percent of the the top 10 scorers over the last 10 years were also from over sea's which is right in line with the percentage of players in the league whom are not North American, actually a little above!!! As for listing a bunch of names and passing that off as fact that is the opposite of the word FACT it is opinion period!

Now Horseman I have the utmost respect for you judging of prospects! I would rank you in the top 5 on here without question and was not trying to state the Europians are more talented or anything like that. I was just suggesting that there is an unfair and unwarented stigma against them around here and while that is not a FACT is very obvious to me and I would suggest the Facts in regards to the numbers I just provided bare that to be true...

Also I won 3 out of 6 pools Im in this year, 2 out of 7 last year and 4 out of 7 the year before. All of which have buyins of at least $200, so I will be more then happy to completly leave passports at the door when selecting my team as I always do. I dont care if there passport says Afganistan or Canada talent is talent.....

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Sage

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet I strongly encourage people to give it a read.

http://nhlnumbers.com/2013/5/8/top-3...-equivalencies

There's one name on this list that's going to surpise a lot of people.
    This is very cool I missed it. If Calgary takes Petan at 6 I will pee myself. Even though his talent is undeniable that would be a ludicrous pick there.

grammar Nazi
    Noun