Thread: Adam Lind - what's the situation?

The Wolverine

Default Adam Lind - what's the situation?

I don't follow the Jays closely enough to know what his role is on the team. Should I be concerned over his slow start/lack of starts or do you expect him to get back into the lineup more regularly and hopefully produce?

I have him in a deep league (20 teams, 24 players per team) so there's not much on FA. Not even sure what I want to do now, rather I'm just wondering if he's somebody worth holding onto or is his value pretty much shot this season (or somewhere in between)?

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont know if concerned is the right word for it considering he's been in a bit of a downward spiral for a couple years now. Expected is probably a better word. He is platooning at DH with the odd start at 1st base. He had a solid spring training then pretty much stopped hitting once the regular season started up. I love watching the Jays and I pretty much cringe every time he steps to the plate now a days. I think I would rather the Jays have Anthony Gose up platooning at DH then Lind.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

he's been unlucky so far. well hit balls, right at somebody.

the j's are struggling and he may the lamb.
    dobber pro 2012-2013; campbell conference

c; b richards, ribiero, desharnias, zajac
    lw; sedin, e kane, pacioretty, kunitz
    rw; kessel, callaghan, cole, paranteau
    d; chara, seabrook, souray, leddy, markov, s elliott
    g; rinne, elliott
    bench; garon, giguerre, hodgson, orpik, d roy
    ir; nobody, yet

The Wolverine

Thanks - I'll keep an eye on the situation and make a decision in due course.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm a Jays freak and go to about 20 games a year and watch the majority of the others. While it is true he has been unlucky so far this year on the whole he is garbage and needs to be DFAed if this club is going to contend. He is a negative WAR player over the last 3 years and you cannot have that at a corner infield position in the A.L east. I would find a different option if I was you. I expect A.A to move him or demote him soon.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The good Lind is gone, he used to be aggressive and swing at the right pitches. He takes way too many pitches now and the power has disappeared over the past few years.

He'll be lucky to hit 15 bombs and drive in 70 runs.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I'm a Jays freak and go to about 20 games a year and watch the majority of the others. While it is true he has been unlucky so far this year on the whole he is garbage and needs to be DFAed if this club is going to contend. He is a negative WAR player over the last 3 years and you cannot have that at a corner infield position in the A.L east. I would find a different option if I was you. I expect A.A to move him or demote him soon.
    Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    The good Lind is gone, he used to be aggressive and swing at the right pitches. He takes way too many pitches now and the power has disappeared over the past few years.

He'll be lucky to hit 15 bombs and drive in 70 runs.
    In this league, that is valuable.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    In this league, that is valuable.
    Fair enough, it makes sense to keep him in such a deep league but like I said you shouldn't expect much from him.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Fair enough, it makes sense to keep him in such a deep league but like I said you shouldn't expect much from him.
    Thanks. That's what makes it a difficult decision because in shallower leagues I wouldn't hesitate to drop him as there are likely better FA options. But in this league I'm not the best at lesser knowns but many regulars are snapped up pretty quickly. Perhaps there are some under the radar guys but not sure if they are valuable or not yet. And as he's my bench player I'm not in a hurry yet but will keep an eye on things.