Thread: Is there a deal to be made here?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Is there a deal to be made here?

I can never pull the trigger on a deal because i hate giving up anything, maybe you fellas can point me in the right direction.

H2H - 10 teams - 21 players - H2H pts.
    My Lineup: c-Molina,1b-Votto,2b-Altuve,3b-Middlebrooks,ss-Tulo,of-Choo,of-Gordon,of-A.Jones, u-Wells for injured Reddick who is on bench.
    Pitching: sp-Milone, Gonzalez, Kennedy, Kuroda, Shields
    rp- Grilli, Wihelmsen
    Bench- Arroyo, Bailey, Porcello

The following are on the block: Josh Hamilton, Derek Holland, K. Lohse and Lance Lynn.
    He asks if I want any of these guys but wants me to make the offer.
    Hamilton despite the start interests me but the pitchers in my mind fall into the Kuroda level, not a real up tick on what I have.
    Would appreciate any feedback I can get - I am four yrs in and never pulled off a trade. Maybe there is not one here. Tks for any help.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Da Habs View Post
    I can never pull the trigger on a deal because i hate giving up anything, maybe you fellas can point me in the right direction.

H2H - 10 teams - 21 players - H2H pts.
    My Lineup: c-Molina,1b-Votto,2b-Altuve,3b-Middlebrooks,ss-Tulo,of-Choo,of-Gordon,of-A.Jones, u-Wells for injured Reddick who is on bench.
    Pitching: sp-Milone, Gonzalez, Kennedy, Kuroda, Shields
    rp- Grilli, Wihelmsen
    Bench- Arroyo, Bailey, Porcello

The following are on the block: Josh Hamilton, Derek Holland, K. Lohse and Lance Lynn.
    He asks if I want any of these guys but wants me to make the offer.
    Hamilton despite the start interests me but the pitchers in my mind fall into the Kuroda level, not a real up tick on what I have.
    Would appreciate any feedback I can get - I am four yrs in and never pulled off a trade. Maybe there is not one here. Tks for any help.
    well, the bottom of your roster does need some help since starting Wells in a 10 team league isn't the best of scenarios. as well, your entire pitching bench is weak for a 10 team league too.
    targeting Hamilton is good but it'll cost you. the pitching on the block does fall into the Kuroda tier at best but quite frankly they'd be an upgrade on your bench. are you prepared to move some bigger names in order to land some big names of your own?
    any idea what the other guy is looking for? is there a need on his team that you can exploit a little? more info about what he's looking for is pretty key to determining what you can or should be doing here. are there options on the wire to consider? i've got to think there are in a 10 team league with rosters that size and a minimal bench.
    i personally would look at Hamilton and Lance Lynn. again, they wouldn't come cheap. in the end it may cost you Shields and one of your OF. i'd resist trading Adam Jones and the market on Reddick won't be very good while he's shelved. sorry i don't know what more to say, i do need more info here.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Follow up: ShallowFrozenWater

Tks for the reply. I have always had strong pitching in the past and done very well. I was going to try and be more balanced this time but I am not good enough to win this league. The team wanting to deal has added a few more playersto his trade list: 1b- Youkilis, 2b-Uggla, 3b-Zimmerman and sp-Haren. While he is not indicating what he wants he is going to need infilders an outfilder and some pitching. I am beginning to think maybe I should try to go all pitching again?
    His Lineup: c-Wieters, 1b-Youkilis, 2b Ugglla, 3b-Zimmerman, ss- Reyes. of- Cruz, of-Ellsbury, of-Hamilton, u-Morse, bench-Freeman(inj)
    SP Bucholz, Holland, Kershaw, Lohse, Lynn,
    RP Hanrahan and League
    Bench- Gallardo, Garcia, Hamels, Haren.
    This team got beat bad in wk. 1 and is trailing badly in wk. 2.
    Free Agent pitching includes the likes of T. Wood, J. Guthrie, B. McCarthy, I. Nova, J. Westbrook, K. Hendrick and E. Stults.
    Free Agent Batters include Berkman, Moss, Gutierrez, Duda, Werth, Cuddyer, Reynolds and Kendrick.