Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Game 7 - Flames @ Sharks

Torture

Default Game 7 - Flames @ Sharks

Flames win it 2-1 in a nailbiter. Perhaps in OT.

I can\'t wait \'till tomorrow. I have a final on Wednesday, but I\'m obviously going to the bar to watch the game. B)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Need SJ to win for pools. Hard to pull against Iggy though.

Dobber Sports Stud

Iginla is willing his team to win.

What a hero and a captain.

Go flames.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT

Dobber Sports Padawan

This just smells of a tightly contested game that goes into 2X OT.

The stress....THE STRESS!! :silly:

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Initiate

FLAMES, FLAMES, FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier
    D: S Jones, Werenski, DeAngelo, Hamilton
    G: Husso, Raanta

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

Dobber Sports Ace

Flames going through on this one and then move on to expel the ghosts of last years performance against the chicken wings.

GO FLAMES GO (We believe)
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Padawan

I\'m jealous of your location UKFlames.

So close in proximity to Euro 2008 this summer.

Don\'t know who to go for cause England is not there this year, but I\'ll be watching for sure.

Now to the matter at hand:

LET\'S GO FLA-AMES!!

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Pro

A Tale of 2 men.......

Joe Thorton
    What the hell is this guy?
    One of the most dominant players in the NHL for the last 5 years, but he has NOTHING to show for it. Brought to SJ to win a cup, he was given a reprieve last year because the team needed time to grow and gel.
    There are no more excuses, no more time, no pieces missing from this team. Joe has not been the best player in the series, he has not even been the best player in any one game.
    Tonight is the night we find out who Joe Thorton is….
    1- The leader of the Stanley cup favourites
    2- Casper the god dam friendly ghost
    If he does not come through tonight, it will cost his GM and coach their jobs, it will make his fans question his heart and his critics will continue their years of laughter. Most importantly, this will put his career into context amoung the greats in hockey.
    Is he truly in the category of Yzerman, Gretzky, Messier etc? True leaders who have lead their teams to cups or is he more deserving of a comparison to a guy like Yashin, who can put up 90+ points but never shows up in the big game.
    Yashin? Really? Say it ain’t so Joe! We find out tonight!!!!!

Then there is Jerome. The man. Is there anyone that doubts this guys heart intensity and desire to win?
    He has willed this team to wins in at least 2 games this series. He is the only true superstar they have up front and his 2 biggest allies are a goalie and a 2nd year d-man.
    This guy is the real deal. Anyone who saw him fight Lecavalier during TB cup run knows he will do ANYTHING to win.
    Last game his teammates followed his lead and helped out their captain. All great leaders need help, but they must show their team the way, first.
    We know how has the heart, we will never question his heart, his effort or his ability to put his team on his back as he will once again tonight.
    The only question is How much can he carry and How long can he carry them? Iggy has established his place in history, his reputation and his respect throughout the league. He has lead his team and country to numerous victories….
    So what does he have left for tonight?

Dobber Sports Guru

word. i love jumbo joe, but iggy is a hero with what he\'s been given.

and i don\'t even think that thornton and campbell have been that bad.

if you would have told me that the it would come down to game 7, i woulda given you my money.

it\'s all on the line now boys. six games just might as well have not happened. this series is WIDE open.

comon flames!!

Dobber Sports Padawan

I love Thornton and generally like the Sharks, but I am a Flames fan, so Joe and his squadron must go down.. :evil:

I wouldn\'t say Joe has entirely not shown up, because Regehr has covered him like a man posessed in this series. On the other side, Joe will have to find a way to battle through it. Just hope it\'s not tonight.

Iggy is looking like he did back in \'04. He will no doubt put this team on his back again tonight.

I think Iginla is a strong candidate to be the future captain of Team Canada whenever Sakic decides to retire.

Dobber Sports Pro

There\'s one way the Sharks will win this game. Only one. They\'re in a situation they\'ve never been in before, so there\'s insane odds that they\'re going to lose.

They need to:
    1. Get off to a good start. Score the first goal.
    2. Keep momentum up and not hide in their Claude Lemieux turtle disguises.
    3. Have Joe Thornton and the defense stand up.

That\'s it. It\'s game 7 and they\'re up against the fantastic four. Iggy as the human torch for his burning desire to win a stanley cup and because he\'s been on fire in the playoffs, Phaneuf as the thing because his hits are monstrous, Kipper as Mr Amazing because he stretches for inhuman saves, and Tanguay/Huselius as the invisible woman because they\'re either invisible(in a bad way) or totally useful because the other team totally doesn\'t see them sneak into perfect position. XD

And San Jose is just a hodgepodge of players. They\'re like Batman without the utility belt. Or Superman with a pocket-full of Kryptonite. Or Aquaman outside of the water. Sure, there\'s some ability there, but it never comes to the surface(although as usual, Nabby and Marleau are performing excellently).

It\'ll be interesting.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Torture

Going to be a great game, I can\'t wait. I woke up today and was like \"OMG, GAME DAY!\"

I\'m going to be so unbelievably pumped by the time I get to the bar. (And I have a Final tomorrow, but how can you miss game 7?) I\'ve been listening to my Flames Playoff Songs playlist...which includes songs like Don\'t Stop Believing, Paradise City (Flames Remix), In Da Dome, Spitfire, Stronger, etc.

The only question is How much can he carry and How long can he carry them? Iggy has established his place in history, his reputation and his respect throughout the league. He has lead his team and country to numerous victories….
    So what does he have left for tonight?
    Jarome is awesome. Love him, there isn\'t any other player in the league I\'d rather have the Flames built around right now. (Yeah yeah, Crosby...but not NOW)
    I suspect Jarome still has something left for tonight. In 04 he willed his team to the cup finals, so I think he can will his team out of the first round. B)
    Not to mention the ghosts of previous Game 7s are haunting him and I suspect he\'ll come out on fire tonight (Anaheim, Tampa Bay)

Lockedge, I owe you a karma when I recharge, Flames as the Fantastic Four? Oh too fitting.

Dobber Sports Expert

Torture wrote:
    I\'ve been listening to my Flames Playoff Songs playlist...which includes songs like Don\'t Stop Believing, Paradise City (Flames Remix), In Da Dome, Spitfire, Stronger, etc.
    Hey, did you listen to the Eagles? I believe their song \'There\'s gonna be a heartache tonight\' should remind you of a superb Flames game 7 moment from 1994 in the first round. I\'ve had a soft spot in my heart for that song ever since.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Torture

andrewklassen wrote:
    Torture wrote:
    I\'ve been listening to my Flames Playoff Songs playlist...which includes songs like Don\'t Stop Believing, Paradise City (Flames Remix), In Da Dome, Spitfire, Stronger, etc.
    Hey, did you listen to the Eagles? I believe their song \'There\'s gonna be a heartache tonight\' should remind you of a superb Flames game 7 moment from 1994 in the first round. I\'ve had a soft spot in my heart for that song ever since.
    Oh you bastard.

Remind me how the Canucks are doing in the playoffs again..? That\'s what I thought.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

^lol touche.

I\'m thinking the Sharks are going to wake up tonight. 3-0 or 3-1 Sharks.