Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Game 6 - Flames vs Sharks

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Game 6 - Flames vs Sharks

Such a painful game to watch. So many turnovers by the Sharks and not enough grit to get anything going. Well time for both teams to bring out their A game for the final showdown. Pickles had a decent defensive game making some good plays but Campbell just hasn\'t been doing much of anything and he was supposed to be the playmaker D the Sharks needed. Drew and Randy commented on Big Joe making too many bad passes and just turning over the puck time and time again. I\'m still not happy with Wilson\'s decision to shuffle the lines the way he did and his mentality about tonights game. They have him saying in San Jose\'s paper that he wasn\'t putting extra pressure for the Sharks to end the game tonight. \"If it happens to go seven games it goes seven games. We just have to find a way to win the series. We\'ve got to win one of the next two games.\" Despite it all though still gotta show the support.... GO SHARKS!
    20 Team H2H Dynasty Yahoo!
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,Hit,BLK,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    C: Thornton, Henrique, Grabovski, S. Koivu, Powe
    LW: Ovechkin, Clowe, Booth, Hudler, S. Kostitsyn, Bailey, Tanguay
    RW: Doan, Ryder, Fehr
    D:Tyutin, Visnovsky, Salo, Klesla, Gleason, Allen, Campbell, Clitsome, Greene
    G: Lundqvist, Roloson
    C x3, LW x3, RW x3, F x2, D x6, G x1, BN x7

Dobber Sports Pro

I missed the game completely tonight, but the messages I got from my friends indicated that I was lucky to not watch the game. Even my buddy who is a CAL fan is finding them hard to watch.

As stated in a previous thread, neither of these teams have looked like a contender. By the comments here, it sounds like the flames played a \"try to get the first goal\" and then play out the game hoping our goalie keeps us in it.

I remember thinking all season how the West was so much better than the east. SJ, ANA and DET were by far the best teams in the league. So far none of them have been impressive and the hockey has been mediocre at best.

DAL has been the best team in the west, second I would put NSH who probably would have won if not for injuries killing them.

Let\'s just hope that an entertaining team from the east represents and gets to play a hot \"underdog\" from the west.

When are the good playoff games starting?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Detroit has looked much like they did during the regular season - quietly dominant. Nashville played very very good hockey and still got beat in 6. It\'s looking a lot more like they will be coming out of the West.

Torture

I missed the game completely tonight, but the messages I got from my friends indicated that I was lucky to not watch the game. Even my buddy who is a CAL fan is finding them hard to watch.

As stated in a previous thread, neither of these teams have looked like a contender. By the comments here, it sounds like the flames played a \"try to get the first goal\" and then play out the game hoping our goalie keeps us in it.
    To be fair, you can\'t say that you didn\'t watch the game, and then say that neither team is a contender and it was a snoozer.

Flames definitely did not sit back after getting the first goal, which was perhaps one of the most impressive parts about the game. They learned their lesson from doing that in Game 4.

If you don\'t like this series I don\'t know what to tell you. It has a bit of everything...scoring, stellar defense/goaltending, back and forth play, physical play...what more could you ask for? Hell, Lombardi\'s play on the penalty kill in the second was the DEFINITION of playoff hockey and heart.

Whatever happens in Game 7, I\'m proud of my team. This season\'s playoffs feel so much better than the embarrassment that was last year. Instead of guys like Amonte and Friesen complaining about their ice-time and how they\'re used on the team you have guys patting Lombardi on the back after his stellar penalty killing.

Dobber Sports Pro

Two 2-0 shutouts and Four One-Goal-Games tells you all you need to know about how close this series has been. The goalies have made huge saves when it matters and each one has pitched their owns shutout showing that on any given night, that guy will be unbeatable. This thing is set up to be some game 7. Kipper and Iginla know you will run into a couple of these on the way to the finals and they have Dion on their side. The Captain Marleau has come alive and Nabby prevented a HUGE blowout in game six. This may be Big Joe\'s biggest opportunity yet to shed the TIN MAN image. He was terrible in game six and, other than the game four tip-in game winner, he has been pretty invisible. Gonna break my heart to see one of my beloved tenders get knocked out in the first round. I cannot even pick a side I will root for. Good luck to whichever side you are on in this game 7.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Master

Michalek looked horrible on the 3 on 1.

3rd liner next season?
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Pro

He has too much speed and skill to be a third liner. Just is playing terrible right now and with NO confidence. He looked real good at times this year with Joe and Cheech but no real consistancy. The Snorks spend too much time juggling everything on their top two lines, though the bad start and injury by Cheech, and the abyssmal season for the most part by Marleau forced the coaches hand a bit. They spent a lot of time mixing and matching and even now it may not work enough to put away Calgary at home. No anwers here I tell ya.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Master

The kid has too much skill and talent to be a 3rd liner I agree.... but given his stats he doesn\'t deserve to be a top 6 forward either.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Padawan

Flames came out the same way they did in game 4, but this time they kept it up for the 2nd and 3rd.

How massive was that goal by Lanks in the last minute of the 2nd!?

I was getting that kreeping feeling the longer it stayed 1-0, the better it was for the Sharks.

I wonder if that hit by Regehr on Jumbo Joe got into his head a little bit the rest of that game. He wasn\'t to effective after that.

Hopefully they can muster an effort like that for el juego numero siete.

GO FLAMES GO!

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...