Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mtl vs Bos Game 6

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Mtl vs Bos Game 6

One question: What has happened to Carey Price?

He gives up 5 goals in the first 4 games of the series, and now has given up 10 goals (5 a piece) in the next 2 games. The series is now tied 3-3 going back to Mtl. I know Price is touted as the next big thing in net, and I really hope he is considering I have him, but he seems shakey to me. He did make some great saves tonight, and while I can\'t say any of the goals were weak against him, giving up 5 goals in a game is pretty tough to win.

If they don\'t win game 7, Price will have a lot of questions to answer from the blood thirsty Mtl Media
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

yea well, he\'d have a lot of questions regardless haha, but I think price made some decent saves tonight, he wasnt fantastic and he didnt look as strong as the games 1-4, but most of those goals were just deflections or he was down right beat out.

What a game though, wow, GO BOSTON GO!!!
    the rookies are really picking it up now, Krejci, Lucic, Kessel, Sobotka, this team is awesome!

and MAN did you see sturm dominate that guy on the board twice before scoring the GWG, intensities lol
    H2H Keeper League, 16 teams, finished 2nd

Crosby, Gagner, Connolly, Moller, Couture
    Hemsky, Okposo, Stafford, Radulov
    Filatov, Raymond, Macarthur, S Kostitsyn, Tlusty, A Kostitsyn
    Seabrook, Franson, Carle, Letang, Yandle
    Garon, Rolo, JDD, Anderson
    Farm:
    JvR,Soderberg, Backlund, Helenius, Neuvirth, Varlamov, Dubnyk, J Boychuk, Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Stud

Yea, how happy is Claude Julien that he put Kessel back in the lineup
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    RWs:
    D:
    G:
    Farm:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

i think it was perfect, he got kessel all rested and revved up to play, and now carbs hasnt adjusted his game plan to take into account this fresh fast winger, he\'s really creating lanes and making things happen for them out there. Having savard out there is amazing too, he just sees the ice better than anyone out there.

Farm:
    JvR,Soderberg, Backlund, Helenius, Neuvirth, Varlamov, Dubnyk, J Boychuk, Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Wizard

Price is going to be fantastic. It\'s simple, He is a rookie. As calm and as good as he is they all have to learn the ropes. I did not see the game so not sure how much was his defense but rookie goalies taking their team to the finals doesn\'t happen very often (Roy, Dryden etc.).

That being said he can bounce back and win game 7 and this becomes a moot point. He has the skills to do it but don\'t be surprised if there are some bumps in the road.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Stud

Oh I know he can bounce back. I\'m just hoping that he does get through this adversity. I would hate to see this stall his confidence level and growth as an NHLer
    Centers:
    LWs:
    RWs:
    D:
    G:
    Farm:

Dobber Sports Ace

Nice game though. Good Sir, you\'re not fooling me with that Boston Avatar
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Note this isn\'t meant to be serious but I had a friend joke that any goalie that lets Jody Shelley score a goal isn\'t a good goalie. I\'m just guessing maybe the pressure and expectations of Montreal and the playoffs have taken a toll on him. It\'s of course as a lot of you have said though he\'s a rookie. So even if they don\'t advance this will be a good learning experience for him and hopefully he will do even better next season. I wish I could watch the final game in this series I\'m sure it\'ll be a good one.
    20 Team H2H Dynasty Yahoo!
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,Hit,BLK,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    C: Thornton, Henrique, Grabovski, S. Koivu, Powe
    LW: Ovechkin, Clowe, Booth, Hudler, S. Kostitsyn, Bailey, Tanguay
    RW: Doan, Ryder, Fehr
    D:Tyutin, Visnovsky, Salo, Klesla, Gleason, Allen, Campbell, Clitsome, Greene
    G: Lundqvist, Roloson
    C x3, LW x3, RW x3, F x2, D x6, G x1, BN x7

Dobber Sports Pro

TundraArc wrote:
    even if they don\'t advance this will be a good learning experience for him
    WRONG. Losing being a \"good learning experience\" is something LOSERS say. Losing Game SEVEN would be A DISASTER for the Habs.

Montreal is THE TOP SEED IN THE CONFERENCE. Anything short of the Conference Finals OR Stanley Cup Finals is PURE FAILURE. Not saying Price wont be a star. He is LEGIT. But Rookie Goalies have made Deep Cup runs before.

Patrick Roy was a 5th seed when he won the cup as a rookie.
    Ron Hextall was a top seed when he led the Flyers to a Seven game finals loss to Gretzky\'s Oil Monster.

In fact, if The Habs fall in game 7, Price\'s first playoff experience will more resemble Ed Belfour\'s. Belfour had an EVEN BETTER Rookie Season for the ages. He won a Rookie Record 43 games and led the Hawks to the NHLs best record while winning the Calder AND the Vezina. Then, Minny knocked out Chicago in 6 games in the first round.

The Eagle\'s career still turned out pretty good so no worries Price Junkies. Just remember if the Habs go down, it has already been done before and even better still.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In regards to rookies or sleepers that break out during the playoffs does this performance tend to carry over next season? I was wondering if the playoffs somehow boost their confidence and they improve next season or is this a time when they push themselves harder but fall back into their regular season mentality when the new season starts.
    20 Team H2H Dynasty Yahoo!
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,Hit,BLK,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    C: Thornton, Henrique, Grabovski, S. Koivu, Powe
    LW: Ovechkin, Clowe, Booth, Hudler, S. Kostitsyn, Bailey, Tanguay
    RW: Doan, Ryder, Fehr
    D:Tyutin, Visnovsky, Salo, Klesla, Gleason, Allen, Campbell, Clitsome, Greene
    G: Lundqvist, Roloson
    C x3, LW x3, RW x3, F x2, D x6, G x1, BN x7

Dobber Sports Rookie

I know Price will be another of the habs goaltending superstars BUT PLZZZZEEE,lets be realistic the Bruins are simply out working,out hustling and out playing the habs and THE WHOLE TEAM NOT CAREY PRICE WILL HAVE QUESTIONS to answer if the Bruins prevail,as A BRUINS FAN SINCE 1966 i HAVE TO SAY THIS EDITION OF THE BRUINS MAKES ME PROUD these guys ARE LEAVING IT ALL OUT ON THE ICE! GO..BRUINS... GO ! !

Dobber Sports Expert

As someone who watched last night\'s game I can say that many of the goals scored against Price were total defensive breakdowns where he had no chance. In fact, on Boston\'s second to last goal the scorer was able to duck away from his defender in the corner, have time to come around the front of the net, shoot, GET HIS OWN REBOUND and put it in on the OTHER side of the net.

Montreal\'s D just wasn\'t able to deal with Boston\'s attack last night, and they left Price out to dry. But, if MTL loses in 7, the media here will tear Price apart like an old rag.

The Great One

I hope they tear his credibility to shreds and he gets crucified in the fantasy hockey world for a 7-1 meltdown in game 7 hmy:

... then I can quietly snag him off waivers :laugh:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

sadly to say for my bruins, Price, when he has his back against the ropes he plays his best, all he\'s been so far from what I\'ve seen is a clutch goaltender, VERY few goalies could show the poise that he did in WJC, he was amazing... The only way boston is going to win game 7 is pure heart, some luck, and some more of those dirty lucic tip ins. I\'m gunning for the bruins but if they fall short in game 7 it\'s something to be incredibly proud about, the rookies and younstars they have, really showed the talent depth they have.

Farm:

Dobber Sports Master

Great point gagnerific.... Price is great under pressure and the loss was due to the whole team and not just Price. He made some great saves and giving up 10 in the last 2 games is a small bump in the road. He will continue to have these bumps for the next few seasons but mentally this guy is one of the best and the Habs should pull it off if everyone brings it come game time.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino