Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who wants/needs Emery?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Who wants/needs Emery?

According to Bryan Murray, he wants Emery out the door. I think that\'s easier said than done as from what I can tell, most teams just dont want Ray Emery.

Which team(s) do you guys think actually will show interest in Emery and what do you think they will give up to get him (prob wont be very much)? I think someone like Tampa might actually be tempted to have Emery and Smith be their two guys, but I dont know...just curious how you guys felt?
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Stud

During all his problems this year, I\'ve been thinking he\'d be a good fit in LA, where his rock-star persona would fit in a bit. LA has a back-log of goalies, none of whom is a definitive no. 1 (and neither is Emery now) but I think an Ersberg/Emery tandem would be decent, at least until Bernier is ready. They\'d have to figure out the salaries though because Cloutier still has another year - maybe they could swing trading Handzus for Emery in order to dump some of the salary back at Ottawa, then buy out Cloutier.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think you mean AFTER Emery is bought out?

This might sound stupid but what about LA? Chicago? Colorado? Not too many teams NEED a goalie like Emery. Many have a top prospect that they would give a shot to before Sugar Ray.

I think Tampa tries Smith and Ramo before they bring in a guy like Emery.

It would be fun if Buffalo signed Emery to back up Miller and played Emery all 8 games against Ottawa!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Betcha Toronto would take him. Toskula and Emery. HA, can\'t see that working. I can see him in Chicago if Habby gets bought out. But that won\'t happen either. LA?? What will they do with Labarbera? Wow this might work. Ersberg and Bernier in AHL and Emery and Labarbera on the big club. Cloutier GONZO..

LA is my choice of \"want and need\".
    Zorro!! Have a great day guys and gals..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

hahaha him in toronto would be hilarious, at least he could be the scapegoat for the MLSE propoganda wizards.

I like the TB idea, let him and smith duke it out, give him a one year deal and make him fight for another contract. I think thats the way to go for emery, you cant give him any comfort with a long contract.
    H2H Keeper League, 16 teams, finished 2nd

Crosby, Gagner, Connolly, Moller, Couture
    Hemsky, Okposo, Stafford, Radulov
    Filatov, Raymond, Macarthur, S Kostitsyn, Tlusty, A Kostitsyn
    Seabrook, Franson, Carle, Letang, Yandle
    Garon, Rolo, JDD, Anderson
    Farm:
    JvR,Soderberg, Backlund, Helenius, Neuvirth, Varlamov, Dubnyk, J Boychuk, Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

from Stanley Cup final to out of a job...in ONE year!?!?!

Murray is an idiot, I lay the blame of Ottawa\'s misfortune squarely on his shoulders.
    You should never lose your job to an injury unless the \"other\" guy is lights out...Gerber is hardly lights out!

I hate to say it, but I think Ray is DONE!
    His attitude sure didn\'t help, but he was given a raw deal this season!

\"Practice? We talkin \'bout practice! Practice?\"

That should written on Ray\'s headstone!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Agreed somewhat. Gerber was playing awesome when Emery came back. So what do you do?
    Ottawa did everything they could to get Emery back in the fold. The bottom line is when he did play he sucked. He was not ready to play this year. His positioning was horrible,he was slow and was not in shape right from the start.
    Then when he had to prove he was ready to play he was horrible. He had a big fit when he was not given the job back.
    He did not deserve the job back. He got what he had coming.

Dobber Sports Stud

I could see him in Chicago.

Reportedly, there was a deal pending between Chicago and Ottawa with Khabibulin going to Ottawa and Emery going to Chicago. Ottawa should have done that deal. Gerber is not their answer.

I think Emery could be a very good goaltender. He needs a coach that can get his attention.

Dobber Sports Ace

Too bad they didn\'t put him on for one of the important games. I had a gut feeling on this. But then again, I had a gut feeling on New Jersey, Minessota and Calgary at the begining of the playoffs. Did you see Brodeur not shaking Avery\'s hand !B)
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Ace

Stephane Richer wrote:
    Too bad they didn\'t put him on for one of the important games. I\'m an Ottawa fan. Guess I\'ll have to go with the team I grew up with, the Habs. I had a gut feeling on this. But then again, I had a gut feeling on New Jersey, Minessota and Calgary at the begining of the playoffs. Did you see Brodeur not shaking Avery\'s hand !B)

Two minutes for unsportsmalike conduct next season
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I can see not many people look at emery as a no. 1. Can they send this kid through waivers? is that possible? or is it too late?

I\'d rather pay half his salary than buy it out.

Does buying out a contract have some impact on the cap?

I guess these are the questions i would ask in regards to emery.

Detroit would set him straight, there\'s no shananigans in hockeytown. But this would never happen.
    Team 1
    F: Lecav Backstrom St Louis Ribiero Michalek Horton Erat Brassard Franzen Bernier Sakic Stafford Elias Boedker JVR
    D: Lids Boyle Letang Niskanen Bieksa Salmela
    G: Biron Dipi Lehts

Team 2
    F: H Sedin Pleks O\\\'Sulli Langkow Kessel Hagman Filppula M Koivu Turris Ryder Huselius Perron Eriksson Kunitz Ryan Franzen
    D: Kronwall Hainsey Streit JJ Byfuglien Ballard
    G: Giggy, Budaj Rask

Dobber Sports Rookie

The RSL.
    6 Player Yahoo H2H league
    G A +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG FW W GAA SV% SHO

C: Crosby, Spezza, Savard, Antropov, Brind\\\'Amour
    LW: Malkin, Vanek, Whitney, Brunette, Prospal
    RW: Alfredsson, Gaborik, Lupul, Kane, Hejduk, Brown
    D: Ranger, Rivet, Campbell, Kaberle, Markov
    G: Backstrom, Vokoun, Ward
    IR: Boyle

Dobber Sports Stud

Personally, I think that Emery could be a very good starting goaltender. He needs to get rid of the baggage that he packs with him. I am going to suggest that (I don\'t mean this disrespectfully or politically) Ottawa is ultra conservative. Emery\'s antics would not go unnoticed. He needs to get his head straight, get rid of the crap (change his image), shut up, (comments like I don\'t feel responsible for us losing in the playoffs)and prove to all that he is good and that Ottawa made a mistake. He has a lot to make up for in order to get his credibility back but I think he has the potential, as long as he can focus and rid himself of the other.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Binghampton?
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Ace

lol- The Forum\'s funniest poster strikes again. Did\'nt think I\'d laugh so soon after seeing the Habs lose.