Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are your feeling for the games tonight?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default What are your feeling for the games tonight?

For a pool I\'m in, I\'ve have to pick 3F, 2D, 1G and a team.

The way some series have evolved, makes it more difficult to gauge.

I already have some ideas but I would like to know your feelings on these games.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well I would pick

3 Forward are

D.Briere
    V.Prospal
    M.Ribeiro

2 D-Men are

D.Phaneuf
    M.Green

1 Goalie

C.Price

For the Team I would go with the Canadian\'s
    League - YOUNG STARS DYNASTY LEAGUE
    12 teams

MY TEAM

Kovalchuk/Tavares/Zetterberg
    Michalek/ Thornton /Nash
    E.Cole/ Spezza/ Purcell

Suter/Jack Johnsson
    Del Zotto/ Hedmen

Miller / Hiller

Benched Players

Tanguay/Desharnis/Hemsky
    McDonald/Nyquist /Selanne

Gardiner/ Orlov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I really think somebody who is going to turn things on tonight will be Selanne, he has been really quiet in the series, tonight he wakes up. And how can you not put Pronger on your list. I would go:

Briere-Selanne-Iginla or Kovalev
    Pronger-Phaneuf or Markov
    Price
    Montreal

Thats the best I can do. I hope Higgins and Kunitz wake up aswell and start scoring like they are supposed to already..
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Giant

Well I guess I was not that wrong. Selanne would be an excellent \"dark horse\" pick and I also think about Gabby and Stastny. Here\'s the guys I had in mind:

F: Briere, Iginla, Thornton, AO, Ribeiro, Forsberg and Sakic
    D: Green, Pronger, Phaneuf and Robidas

I\'m not even talking about the goalie and the team because Price and the Habs have been my \"autopick\" for these two categories.

Dobber Sports Ninja

You gotta think that OV has at least 1 big game in him and I\'m betting it\'s coming tonight.

Thornton has awoken and realised that he does have another level (only took him how many years to figure it out?)

Ovechkin - Thornton - Ribiero
    Green - Markov
    Price
    Montreal

Dobber Sports Giant

doulos wrote:
    You gotta think that OV has at least 1 big game in him and I\'m betting it\'s coming tonight.
    Sure! We\'ve been running this for the past 4-5 weeks and he\'s been one of my other \"autopick\" whenever he plays. However, he has not been that good so far in the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Pro

The way the Flyers have been playing OV... I wouldnt expect much from him, but I would expect points from his teammates. Maybe Backstromm steps up tonight or Semin. Im surprised at how the Flyers are handling OV. I think they found the recipe to contain him.

Semin has had many chances, but cant seem to find the puck or the net.
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Giant

Renagade, you exactly speak like my brain when my heart tells me to pick AO... You\'re totally true about this. We got to give big credits to Timonen who\'s responsible for this.

Dobber Sports Pro

I think Brashear has more points than OV this series so far :laugh:

I love how people gave Philly no shot to shut down one superstar when we play Pittsburgh 8 times a year and fare well against that competition (5-3), and they have two Ovechkins (Cindy/Malking). Just saying, this is not new to us, and at this point I say buyer beware. In the playoffs having a guy like Hatchet Hatcher back in the line up is immeasurable for Philly. Yes he is old, and a little slow, and useless in the fantasy world; but he is still among the best in the league on the PK and clearing in front of the net. He is a guy who prevents goals, and makes people think about coming into the crease.

Even before Hatch was back clearing the crease, that is what Washington is lacking all series, a down low presence. They sit and shoot from 20-30 ft away looking for the pretty goal and no one is sitting in front trying to get the garbage (read they are REALLY missing Chris Clark right now). Biron will eat that up all night especially with no one screening or looking to deflect or executing in close one timers and give and gos, I\'d say every other playoff goalie would too. Most of their goals have come from when they did get down low (the muckers and green pinching in). Plus, this is not the junior varsity defense or goaltending they see all year long. I tremble at the thought of the numbers say Crosby, Malkin, Iginla, or a Zetterberg even would put up in that division.

If I was taking a Capital it would be Green, but he may still net you a - as the flyers have been pinpointing his defensive liability side and will continue to try and do so.

I really like Washington as a rising young team, but it is a work in progress and I\'ll stick to my Philly in 6 prediction. They are definitely exciting to watch and headed in the right direction.

It is the combination of Timonen, Coburn, and the Richards line who are playing D first against AOs line that is shutting it down. It is a team effort, not one guy.

I\'d definitely want Phaneuf, Prospal/Briere, Kovalev, Price. Clowe on SJ. Rolston Minny as a sleeper, he has been on and I think the Wild hold home court so Gabby or Rolston would be a good thought. And you know I always say play Iginla.

A rare playoff post for my friend the Chicleteur

Regards,

RP
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Giant

Rusty Pickles wrote:
    I think Brashear has more points than OV this series so far :laugh:

I love how people gave Philly no shot to shut down one superstar when we play Pittsburgh 8 times a year and fare well against that competition (5-3), and they have two Ovechkins (Cindy/Malking). Just saying, this is not new to us, and at this point I say buyer beware. In the playoffs having a guy like Hatchet Hatcher back in the line up is immeasurable for Philly. Yes he is old, and a little slow, and useless in the fantasy world; but he is still among the best in the league on the PK and clearing in front of the net. He is a guy who prevents goals, and makes people think about coming into the crease.

Even before Hatch was back clearing the crease, that is what Washington is lacking all series, a down low presence. They sit and shoot from 20-30 ft away looking for the pretty goal and no one is sitting in front trying to get the garbage (read they are REALLY missing Chris Clark right now). Biron will eat that up all night especially with no one screening or looking to deflect or executing in close one timers and give and gos, I\'d say every other playoff goalie would too. Most of their goals have come from when they did get down low (the muckers and green pinching in). Plus, this is not the junior varsity defense or goaltending they see all year long. I tremble at the thought of the numbers say Crosby, Malkin, Iginla, or a Zetterberg even would put up in that division.

If I was taking a Capital it would be Green, but he may still net you a - as the flyers have been pinpointing his defensive liability side and will continue to try and do so.

I really like Washington as a rising young team, but it is a work in progress and I\'ll stick to my Philly in 6 prediction. They are definitely exciting to watch and headed in the right direction.

It is the combination of Timonen, Coburn, and the Richards line who are playing D first against AOs line that is shutting it down. It is a team effort, not one guy.

I\'d definitely want Phaneuf, Prospal/Briere, Kovalev, Price. Clowe on SJ. Rolston Minny as a sleeper, he has been on and I think the Wild hold home court so Gabby or Rolston would be a good thought. And you know I always say play Iginla.

A rare playoff post for my friend the Chicleteur

Regards,

RP
    What a surprise! Weren\'t you suppose to be away Rusty? I really appreciate it! You gave me more names than I need so I\'ll have things to play with. Thanks my friend!

Dobber Sports Pro

Clowe can not be ignored. He is the perfect playoff goal scorer, mucker supreme and on a tear.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Ninja

I\'m not saying Philly has not done an excellent job at shutting down Ovechkin so far this series. I\'m playing a hunch really. Ovechkin is a superstar, and superstars are almost impossible to contain forever.

Dobber Sports Pro

well my hunch is they win one more game, and it is in Washington

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Master

Chicleteur wrote:

I already have some ideas but I would like to know your feelings on these games.
    Crazy picks are as follows:

Stay away from the Avs - Min, Sj -Cal series will be tight games with the critical game 5 on the line and the low scoring west.

Dal-Ana has had more scoring than I expected and I like Getzlaf and Riberio here. Pronger scores in bunches but I see Turco shutting the door at home tonight.

Mtl-Bos: look for Mtl to close the series and play Kovalev and Markov as the PP finally got going.

Phi-Was: Briere and Prospal started to click but I still like Green in Wash.

3F: Ribeiro - Briere - Kovalev
    2D: Markov - Green
    G: Price
    Team: Mtl
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Giant

Crazynuck wrote:
    Chicleteur wrote:

Crazy picks are as follows:

Stay away from the Avs - Min, Sj -Cal series will be tight games with the critical game 5 on the line and the low scoring west.

Dal-Ana has had more scoring than I expected and I like Getzlaf and Riberio here. Pronger scores in bunches but I see Turco shutting the door at home tonight.

Mtl-Bos: look for Mtl to close the series and play Kovalev and Markov as the PP finally got going.

Phi-Was: Briere and Prospal started to click but I still like Green in Wash.

3F: Ribeiro - Briere - Kovalev
    2D: Markov - Green
    G: Price
    Team: Mtl
    Thanks Crazynuck! It\'s definitely not that easy tonight...