Thread: How much is to much?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default How much is to much?

Ok so the owner of cano in my 14 team, keep 8, H2H points league has put him in the block and he's looking for pitching. I've inquired and he's saying he would like hamels plus a replacement 2 bag for him. My 2 bag options are gyorko and weeks. My other arms are straus, kershaw, Felix, Harvey, iwakamura, beachy, Shelby miller and Blanton. So I guess the question with my rotation is hamels and jedd or Rickey to much for cano? I know he's the best 2 bag in the world but...

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd take that deal in a second if it's offered ... You're in a keep 8, I could argue that I wouldn't even be keeping Hamels - def keepers Strausburg, Kershaw, Hernandez, then keep 5 bats, Cano being one of them

Obviously I don't know your bats, but Cano is a top 5 pick. You're giving up your 3rd best P......... no brainer to me.

just to clarify --- I get that Hamels is a stud, but you've got 3 others. Trade from a strength!
    Last edited by broadwayblue94; April 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM. Reason: Clarification

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Napoli
    Prince
    Weeks
    Aybar
    Longoria
    Jedd
    Cargo
    Carlos Gomez
    Bruce
    Markakis
    Myers

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah, I wouldn't be too concerned. Take Cano if you can get him at that price. Arms are always easier to replace than stud bats.

You're keepers would be:
    Strausburg, Kershaw, Hernandez
    Fielder, Cano, Longoria, Gonzalez, Bruce

Going into next year, you have 3 aces and 3/4 of your starting INF.

I may even try to move another SP for a SS....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He actually just sent me a text saying how about hamels, will Myers, and a 1st for cano. I looked at last years scoring in my league and Robby out scored come by 10pts. No brainier now right?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Out scored cole...

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd be hesitant to trade away Myers but since you only keep 8, I think it's still a deal for me.

A 1st round pick is in the 100s right? 112 players are kept ...you get the best player in the deal in the prime of his career.

Could you get a pick in return?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

We have to trade an even number of picks so I could ask for a 5th but he gets the 1st.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus1717 View Post
    He actually just sent me a text saying how about hamels, will Myers, and a 1st for cano. I looked at last years scoring in my league and Robby out scored come by 10pts. No brainier now right?
    i'd take that. in a keep 8 format you wouldn't be keeping Myers so really you're talking about Hamels and a pick in the low 100's for Cano and a pick around 150. unless i'm getting the story wrong i'd take that because Cano is a top 5 option and becomes a definite keep.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah I offered exactly what he asked for and like he's done on numerous occasions he all of a sudden backpedals, wants more, than says I think ill keep him... It drives me crazy when someone offers via text or email but then reneggs on what you guys have discussed...... So frustrating!