Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays Thread

Dobber Sports Sage

Only our third QS of the season and Dickey leaves with tightness in his neck and shoulder. Hope it is nothing serious. It was nice to watch a decent start for once... 20 bucks say's bondon didn't watch? Lol
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Im going to my third game on Saturday....... LOOK OUT

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Im going to my third game on Saturday....... LOOK OUT
    If Lawrie go's down I'm going to find you robot!

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    If Lawrie go's down I'm going to find you robot!
    Hey i just hope Jose is back! Enough of this BS.....

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Hey i just hope Jose is back! Enough of this BS.....
    Ya our lineup don't look to hot without him and Reyes in it. Hopefully the pitching has come around. Morrow's my favorite and he goes today then you get Buhrle on Sat.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Ninja

Finally I witness a Blue Jays victory. 16 games into the goddamn season lol.

Dickey has been phenomenal in his last two starts. I hope this back/neck tightness isn't anything serious, I'm hearing it's not. It's crazy how dominant he can be when he's on. Had a WHIP of almost 2.0 in his first two games, and has a WHIP of 0.81 in his last two games.

Big missed opportunity though with Dickey coming out of the game early due to those back spasms to give some rest to the bullpen though (which has been phenomenal IMO)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow......the Jays had TWO singles, count them TWO, and a HBP ....all with two outs....and then a walk to score the winning run. JP even hit one that stayed in the field!

Dobber Sports Star

Jonathan Sanchez designated for assignment by the Bucs! QUICK AA! Nab him!

Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Genius

When are they going to finally fire Gibbons?? This has gone on far too long.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Seriously, this team is a joke.

I'm sorry, but it isn't working. I think they need to do a huge overhaul because the current mix of players just isn't getting it done.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Immortal

10-21 now. Another frigging blowout....

Im not sure anyone could have ever imagined it going this bad.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Seriously, this team is a joke.

I'm sorry, but it isn't working. I think they need to do a huge overhaul because the current mix of players just isn't getting it done.
    I think a huge overhaul is the last thing you do here. They literally just did that. You made your bed now make it work. So what, the season is lost and yeah you had huge expectations, don't burn it to the ground because it didn't come together right away. There's still talent on the roster and chemistry to build. The last thing you want to do is overreact going the other way the second your huge investment doesn't pan out. It's just like with our fantasy teams, don't sell low. The deals may not have worked but if the process behind them was sound then you stick it out. The Blue Jays still have good prospects on the farm coming up. Let's let this miserable season ride so we can really see what the team has at the pro level and then move from there. Maybe it's just one or two guys that need to be moved/replaced, maybe it's more. A month still isn't enough time to say this group can't win, it's just enough to say that the team probably can't make playoffs this year.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I think a huge overhaul is the last thing you do here. They literally just did that. You made your bed now make it work. So what, the season is lost and yeah you had huge expectations, don't burn it to the ground because it didn't come together right away. There's still talent on the roster and chemistry to build. The last thing you want to do is overreact going the other way the second your huge investment doesn't pan out. It's just like with our fantasy teams, don't sell low. The deals may not have worked but if the process behind them was sound then you stick it out. The Blue Jays still have good prospects on the farm coming up. Let's let this miserable season ride so we can really see what the team has at the pro level and then move from there. Maybe it's just one or two guys that need to be moved/replaced, maybe it's more. A month still isn't enough time to say this group can't win, it's just enough to say that the team probably can't make playoffs this year.
    Perhaps I wasn't being clear, I didn't mean trade everyone and completely rebuild the team. I meant look at trading Josh Johnson at the deadline, possibly Brandon Morrow and some others.

I think the Blue Jays have their core. Reyes-Lawrie-Bautista-Encarnacion-Arencibia, so they should build around that.

I don't know whats up with Dickey, but my god he looks nothing like the NL Cy Young winner he was last year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Perhaps I wasn't being clear, I didn't mean trade everyone and completely rebuild the team. I meant look at trading Josh Johnson at the deadline, possibly Brandon Morrow and some others.

I think the Blue Jays have their core. Reyes-Lawrie-Bautista-Encarnacion-Arencibia, so they should build around that.

I don't know whats up with Dickey, but my god he looks nothing like the NL Cy Young winner he was last year.
    Whoa what? Trade Morrow? Why on earth would you do that? He's (IMO) easily the pitcher that has the best stuff on this rotation and the team has him controlled at a solid $ amount until 2015.

Trading Johnson I have no problem with, considering the expiring contract and the likelihood that he won't re-sign

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Whoa what? Trade Morrow? Why on earth would you do that? He's (IMO) easily the pitcher that has the best stuff on this rotation and the team has him controlled at a solid $ amount until 2015.

Trading Johnson I have no problem with, considering the expiring contract and the likelihood that he won't re-sign
    The fact that he's their "best" pitcher with an ERA over 5 is alarming. Remember, I said "possibly" trade Morrow. See what's out there, if there's nothing good keep him around.