Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays Thread

Dobber Sports Deity

Delgado was definitely one of my favorite Jays to watch of all time. Everytime he stepped to the plate, you waited for something exciting to happen.

I loved watching his speech and seeing the kid hiding behind his painting, holding it so it wouldnt fall over. Good stuff!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Delgado was definitely one of my favorite Jays to watch of all time. Everytime he stepped to the plate, you waited for something exciting to happen.

I loved watching his speech and seeing the kid hiding behind his painting, holding it so it wouldnt fall over. Good stuff!
    Agreed.

Class act all around. Like Jamie I also really liked how Delgado thanked the Rays organization for being patient and apologized for stalling the game.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Really.

We score two runs to cut the lead to one in the 9th inning, have a runner on second with nobody out.

And we can't tie the game?

REALLY?

REALLY.

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous. It's not even like we had Lawrie or Thole up at the plate, in fact Lawrie and Thole both got on base and scored. The HEART OF THE ORDER (Bautista-EE-Lind-Melky) coming up to the plate with NOBODY out and you can't score ONE RUN to tie the game?

#****thisteam. Holy shit.

Dobber Sports Icon

Let the sell off begin

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is ****ing ridiculous. This guy just doesn't learn. Honestly I'm at the point where I don't give a rats behind if he goes to another organization and turns into a great player because I don't want a punk like this on the team.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/...president.html

Arencibia was on a talk show on MLB Radio on Friday and once again whined about people like Zaun and Hayhurst being too critical.

The fourth-year backstop joined "Inside Pitch" with Casey Stern and Jim Bowden on MLB Network Radio on Friday and said certain members of the media "that we employ" are too negative.
    Umm, JP YOU don't employ anyone. Rogers owns both the Blue Jays and Sportsnet, but the Blue Jays aren't the ones paying Hayhurst and Zaun. Dumbass.

Then he takes the cake with this direct quote:

I talked to our president about the issue [and asked], "How do you build a fan base when everything that fans are hearing is negative? You don't build a fan base just by having somebody who works for you throw out negative stuff all day long.
    REALLY? What a little piece of trash.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    This is ****ing ridiculous. This guy just doesn't learn. Honestly I'm at the point where I don't give a rats behind if he goes to another organization and turns into a great player because I don't want a punk like this on the team.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/...president.html

Arencibia was on a talk show on MLB Radio on Friday and once again whined about people like Zaun and Hayhurst being too critical.

Umm, JP YOU don't employ anyone. Rogers owns both the Blue Jays and Sportsnet, but the Blue Jays aren't the ones paying Hayhurst and Zaun. Dumbass.

Then he takes the cake with this direct quote:

REALLY? What a little piece of trash.
    Agreed

Question Bon though. How much do you think John Gibbons play into this disaster? Pete Walker(in over his head?)

Does JG have a clue what hes doing?

Bautista batting 2nd?
    DeRosa batting 4th the other day?
    Raja Davis batting 5th at times?
    Thole batting 8th ahead of Lawrie yesterday?
    And so on......

I mean there are other problems but when the general makes these mistakes constantly it just adds to the mess. Do the players even respect him? Me wonders.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Agreed

Question Bon though. How much do you think John Gibbons play into this disaster? Pete Walker(in over his head?)

Does JG have a clue what hes doing?

Bautista batting 2nd?
    DeRosa batting 4th the other day?
    Raja Davis batting 5th at times?
    Thole batting 8th ahead of Lawrie yesterday?
    And so on......

I mean there are other problems but when the general makes these mistakes constantly it just adds to the mess. Do the players even respect him? Me wonders.
    I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea how Pete Walker got this job.

As for Gibbons, I think it's tough to say. His bullpen management has been pretty solid I think.

The major beef I have with Gibbons is that he's too much of a matchup wanker. There have been countless times when he has benched a hot player (sometimes even a player who was having a great game) to pinch hit a guy who is considerably worse but is a LH/RH hitter. I get the percentages are more in your favour, but as a former ball player I know that some days you just feel it...and when you're having one of those days and your coach rewards your efforts by benching you just because of a matchup is really discouraging.

As for the batting lineup, I don't know if I can blame him for that either because some of these guys aren't ****ing hitting no matter where you put them in the order.

I don't like all of this jerking around of players at different positions. Lawrie being bounced back and forth between 3B and 2B when he's already struggling to find his game is the stupidest thing you can do.

All in all though, there are too many good players on this team that are just sitting back and riding shotgun instead of driving the car.

Dobber Sports Deity

I didnt like the Gibbons hire when it happened, I still dont like it. During the 11 game win streak every one was going on about how he had finally found a way to get the time in the right frame of mind for winning. People were pointing fingers at fans who wanted him gone early in the season, thinking they were right for keeping him around. I was one who wanted him fired early on for the poor start. I am still a guy who wants to see him gone today. I didnt like the hire when it happened.

Buerle said it best earlier this week when he said that maybe they were over-hyped and that they werent as good as everyone thought they would be. I would have to say thats a great statement, but there is no way this team is as bad as they actually are as well. That has to come to a point somewhere and right now, the target has to be on John Gibbons and his staff.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Lmao, JP strikes out for the second time in two plate appearances tonight on a fastball right down broadway. Gets punched out looking, and turns to say something to the umpire.

Unless it was "man I suck" or "man, did you hear about Ryan Braun?" I don't know what he could have said. Even Tabler and Buck were just speechless. "That was right down the middle of the plate".

Not to mention another stellar job of sucking behind the plate tonight. Two instances of failing to block the plate and as I'm posting this he boots another ball up the first base line.

Lind manages to somehow miss catching a throw from Reyes that was in the air the whole time.

McGowan doesn't know how to throw to second base.

This team is a mess.
    Last edited by bondon; July 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Is it possible Gibbons is getting worse? Why the hell does he have one of the best fielding third basemen I have ever seen playing 2B? Izturis and Derosa have muffed balls that Lawrie gets. Lawrie has made some poor throws from 2nd that Izturis makes. Nobody on the Jays plays 3rd like Lawrie does and Izturis plays 2nd bettern than Lawrie. Stop making an already bad defensive team worse Gibbons!!

Dobber Sports Star

Josh Johnson you sack of shit. Same with the rest of you Jays. Unreal.

Redmond on the mound tonight. Maybe he'll go longer than 2 innings. Probably not. Bullpen has to be taxed after these last 4 games. Oliver will pitch 5 innings of relief ball and die of a heart attack. That's their luck.

I think whoever's bobblehead day it is should just get on the mound. Or promote Mike McCoy to start tomorrow. Can't be any worse. Maybe Hayhurt and Zaunn want to get out there for a game. Show Arencibia what's up. Gibby can catch Thole.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/ArashMadani/stat...58161462304768

The #Bluejays are having a players only meeting at the moment. It's at that point now.
    I would love to be in that meeting and be able to voice my opinion.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Oh wow, another players-only meeting. Hooray.

Hopefully they are trying to phase out the "Lo viste" (see that?) gesture in favour of a more appropriate "wish we were invisible" gesture. i.e. still playing baseball but not torturing the fans by letting them see how...

Or maybe a "wish we were Ryan Braun" gesture. i.e. forced out of baseball for the rest of this year.

Or maybe a "wish we were the Expos" gesture. i.e. forced out of baseball forever

Endless possibilities. Can't wait to see what they come up with.
    Good stuff.

I think number 1 is "wish we were Ryan Braun". That one would be the easiest to achieve as they are comfortably on their way.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow. I don't even know what to say about this game.

I watched the whole thing. Anybody else who saw this game knows exactly how I feel right now. I want my 3 hours back.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I didn't see any of the game. I last saw the box score at 8-4 Jays I think. I checked out the boxscore and saw Oliver got lit up at the end. What stood out is that he actually pitched a complete inning. Is this another case of Gibbons leaving in someone who clearly doesn't have his stuff that night? Or was it some freak thing like three pitches and three straight hits? That's really the only way I can see him being left in that long.