Thread: Studs & Duds - Monday, 04/01/13 - The "I Pity The FOOL" Edition

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Studs & Duds - Monday, 04/01/13 - The "I Pity The FOOL" Edition

Studs & Duds

Studs

"Viktor gets the spoils": Viktor Fasth stopped all 26 shots lastnight, 5 of which were fired by Jamie Benn, for his 3rd shutout of the season. If Fasth can get on a run similar to how he started the season, the Ducks and his fantasy owners can make some playoff noise. In the short term, we'll see what is in store for these two teams as they square off again this Wed, 04/03 and Friday, 04/05 in Anaheim. Will Fasth provide an encore performance or will the Duck lay an egg?

"Edmonton Oil King ": On the heels of a 3 goal performance this past Saturday: 3 goals in first 8 minutes of the game vs. Van., Taylor Hall was at it again lastnight, posting 1G, 1A (12G, 24A) for his 6th multi-point performances in the last 12 games. Hall wasn't the only Oiler that had a multi: Schultz -
    1G,2A; Yakupov - 1G,1A; Jones - 1G,1A. As of late, the young core of Hall, Hopkins and Eberle have played better as evidence by 34 goals in the last 11 games. Maybe we're seeing a glimpse of the very near future.

"Calla-HANDS": Ryan Callahan flexed some silky hands lastnight with a 4 spot: 1G,3A and a +4. He almost played on all 4s, but came up short with 3SOG.

Killing Them SOFTLY:

Derek Stepan: 2 goals lastnight. He even made a nice save to keep the puck out of his own net. That block should count as 2pts in fantasy leagues. All we need is a name for that cat. Slock?

Rick Nash: 1 goal and 1 assist with a + 3 and 3 SOG.

Ryan Getzlaf: 2A lastnight. That's 40pts in 36GP. He's finally looking like the Getz of old.

Brandon Saad: Found himself on the scorer's sheet again with a goal. 20pts (36GP). 16 of his 20pts in the last 16 games. I'm just saying. I guess this "Saad" is hanging around.

Duds

"Things are Getting Kari'd Away": Kari is my first back to back #1 dud of the season. I'm starting to think he's a must sit on Monday. Last week he gave up 7 goals against Minn and finished with a 854sv%. He's improving, as he only gave up 4 and posted a .897sv%. On the season, Lehtonen is 12-10-2 with a .910sv%, 2.62GAA and 1 SO. Yuck!

"Your AVERAGE Joe": Joe Thornton had 1G,1A lastnight. Unfortunately, Joe Pavelski had 0,0. Don't be deceived by Pavelski's average, .638 pts a game (23pts in 36GP). He's been real streaky this year and more cold than hot. Prior to lastnight's zero, he had 6pts in 4gp. And before that minor outburst, 8 consecutive scoreless games. In all, 19 games of nothing this year! That's 52.8% of his games played this year with 0,0 as stat line. How's that for an average?

"Wonder Twins DE-activate!": Both twins failed to reach the scorer's sheet. Too bad they couldn't come together and take the form of an Art Ross winner (H. Sedin - 2010 and D. Sedin - 2011).

One
    Last edited by One87; April 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Genius

Nice write up man!

Surprised not to see Kipper as a dud, he was just brutal last night. He may be done as he hasnt looked good all year except for a game or two.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    Nice write up man!

Surprised not to see Kipper as a dud, he was just brutal last night. He may be done as he hasnt looked good all year except for a game or two.
    Thanks,DR. I feel you on Kipper. I can see him being there. There were quite a few Duds yesterday. I didn't want to have too long of an S&D column...lol
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury