Thread: OTT vs PIT Game 3

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default OTT vs PIT Game 3

You think that Alffy coming back into the lineup will spark the Sens at home?

Personally I think the Pens will bring it again, and are my pick to be the only team in this years playoffs to sweep (any round).

I could see the Sens coming out hard, possibly scoring the first goal, however Malkin, like in NBA Jam, will \"BE ON FIRE\".

=P

Dobber Sports Expert

I could see a sweep happening too. That or 5 games - but the Senators have yet to play at a level where they could steal a game,like Boston has from Montreal in the last 2.

Dobber Sports Master

I just don\'t understand what is wrong with the sens. Why can\'t that top line dominate like they have the past few seasons. Looks like I bet on the wrong horse.... goodbye playoff pools hoping for a sens upset.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Novice

I don\'t think Alfredson is coming back tonight. Maybe just a scare tactic? I am not sure if it will matter much though. Pens are playing solid on both sides of the puck, and Fluery is standing on his head. The Malkin line is insane, and Crosby is getting his legs back. I am not sure about a sweep, but I am going for 5 games also. Sweet revenge from last year.
    Top Shelf

Dobber Sports Ninja

Crazynuck wrote:
    I just don\'t understand what is wrong with the sens. Why can\'t that top line dominate like they have the past few seasons. Looks like I bet on the wrong horse.... goodbye playoff pools hoping for a sens upset.
    Why can\'t the Sens top line dominate...let me count the ways:

Injuries to key top liners Alfredsson and maybe Spezza;
    Injury to Fisher - Again no second line scoring;
    Lack of confidence in everything Senatorial;
    Pens are a dominant team and are going to the Finals.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

The Comish wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:

I know the reason just a fustrated Heatley and Stillman owner. Is it me or has the top line gone cold due since Stillman joined the team.

Heatley before Stillman
    45 GP 63 pts = 1.4 PPG
    Heatley with Stillman
    26 GP 19 pts = 0.73 PPG
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

It could be a lot of things, at the top of the list has to be injuries, however OTT has 3 solid lines that should be able to step up in times of need.

Also, Heatley/Spezza/Alffy shouldn\'t need to rely on one another to produce, they all have (or at least everyone seems to think they have) the skill needed to be a gamebreaker.

From what I\'ve seen, it just seems like anyone that can make a difference is very confused about how to move forward and is thereby disheartened.

If OTT wants to be a contender while the big 3 are still in \"top\" form, they need to clear house.

BTW - Any word on if the Sens are still planning to start Gerber?

Dobber Sports Expert

The Comish wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:

Senatorial, excellent word choice. I also think Pitts. will see the Finals.

Dobber Sports Pro

I know the reason just a fustrated Heatley and Stillman owner. Is it me or has the top line gone cold due since Stillman joined the team.

Heatley before Stillman
    45 GP 63 pts = 1.4 PPG
    Heatley with Stillman
    26 GP 19 pts = 0.73 PPG
    I really think Stillman has looked good. He added a veteran presence for secondary scoring.

What went missing was Corvo. I was never a huge fan of his and saw him as mainly benefiting from the Big 3 up front, but now I am not so sure.

Considering Corvo\'s impact in CAR and the nose-dive of the Sens, it might be a case of \"subtraction by subtraction\", where Stillman is essentially irrelevant.

Dobber Sports Padawan

There\'s been something wrong in that dressing room since about early December.

They\'ve been very good since the lockout and Heater\'s arrival, then about 20 games in to this season they hit a huge wall.

Whether it was Paddock and his handling of the lines/goalies or Emery\'s antics or whatever, there is some sort of fracture going on that has caused this team to implode on itself.

Although Corvo\'s been on fire for the \'Canes, for the most part he couldn\'t hit the net if he tried while with the Sens. If he put up points with the regularity he has with Carolina, he\'d still be here.

It\'ll all come out in the wash when the season is done.

They dug a hole too deep for themselves to get out of, compounded by too many injuries at this time of year makes me hope for this season to end and a fresh start to happen for next year....

Plus I still have my Flames!!

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

well aside from my Malkin prediction, I was pretty much on point =)

Torture

Get out your brooms folks...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Glad to see this ambarassing season finally coming to an end.

Full focus to the Flames!

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...