Thread: Who to Farm?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Who to Farm?

In our dynasty league (Yahoo standard cats, H2H), we have to choose 5 players to put on the "farm" and they are untouchable for the season. If we put them on the farm, they are ours for the following year and don't need to be kept over other players.

Here are my choices with some thoughts:
    Trevor Bauer (SP)-- can't trust he'll be solid this year, so I'll farm him for another
    Pomeranz (SP) - same as above
    Hultzen (SP) - see above

These are the ones I'm truly unsure of:
    Y. Grandal (C) - I'm thinking, with the suspension and Santana on my team, I'd like to see him come back swinging before I'm forced to keep/deal him.
    M. Olt (3B) - don't know a lot about his upside, but he was on a lot of prospect lists.
    D. Archer (SP) - he's the one I'm leaning toward bringing up. I think he might be droppable if the time calls for it.

Is Archer droppable if the time comes? Is Grandal worth keeping for a year?
    Thoughts?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If you're sure you'll have room for him all year, keep Grandal on the active roster... he has a chance to be a top 10 catcher and could be good traqde bait or even make Santana expendable. Otherwise, Archer's the one to go from that list.
    Dobber Baseball Columnist at http://www.dobberbaseball.com/index....eep-sea-diving , Fantasy Baseball and Hockey expert, Fantasy Fishing undefeated champion!

Twitter: @Rabid_Jack http://twitter.com/Rabid_Jack Tweet Life 24/7!!!!! Tweeting to all the twits, twice as much on Twuesdays.

Dobber Sports Guru

Thanks. Not sure I will have room all year. Tough call to be sure.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev