Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fabian Brunnstrom to Canucks

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Fabian Brunnstrom to Canucks

a few problems with the details of Brunnstrom

1) He\'s a LW, wanting to play with the Twins.
    Never played hockey, but I have to imagine playing on the other side that you haven\'t played often on would throw a wrench into your game. I don\'t see Daniel moving over, so it\'d have to move Brunnstrom over.

2) WOULD he settle on second line?
    I\'d really much prefer the guy settling in on the second line. Ideally, i\'d love to see Nonis put Brunnstrom-Morrison-XXX here. XXX would ideally be Rolston(who i would love to see play for the \'Nucks). That could give the Canucks a solid second line. But there are no Swedes on that line. Would Fabian be happy?

3) WILL AV give this kid the space to develop?
    Although i definitley see a forced change into giving offensive players a little more space to do their magic, how will this kid treat playing both ends of the ice under AV\'s system? If not, we could kiss this kid away a few years later.

Either way, it\'s not a bad way to start the off season at all. But Nonis still has to fill out a few more spots.

BTW: How much will the kid sign for? Rumor has it 2 mill? Seems pricy...
    10 Team H2H In-HouseSalary
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, SV%, GAA, SO
    Dress: C, LW, RW, D, D, U, U, G Daily
    C: Crosby, Roy, H. Sedin, M.Koivu
    LW: Heatley, A. Kostitsyn, Cammalleri, Bourque
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Mueller (C), Bouchard (RW)
    D: Kaberle, Gleason, Suter, Burns, Vlasic
    G: Turco, Garon
    IR: Oshie, Gonchar, Green
    Farm: Filatov, Kunitz, Yandle, Bogosian, Pavelec, 5 unk Players

Dobber Sports Master

Fong better chance that Nazzy signs instead of MO.
    This way Brunnstrom can play with a swede and with the sedins on the PP. problem solved
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Sage

Fongmeister wrote:
    a few problems with the details of Brunnstrom

1) He\'s a LW, wanting to play with the Twins.
    Never played hockey, but I have to imagine playing on the other side that you haven\'t played often on would throw a wrench into your game. I don\'t see Daniel moving over, so it\'d have to move Brunnstrom over.

2) WOULD he settle on second line?
    I\'d really much prefer the guy settling in on the second line. Ideally, i\'d love to see Nonis put Brunnstrom-Morrison-XXX here. XXX would ideally be Rolston(who i would love to see play for the \'Nucks). That could give the Canucks a solid second line. But there are no Swedes on that line. Would Fabian be happy?

3) WILL AV give this kid the space to develop?
    Although i definitley see a forced change into giving offensive players a little more space to do their magic, how will this kid treat playing both ends of the ice under AV\'s system? If not, we could kiss this kid away a few years later.

Either way, it\'s not a bad way to start the off season at all. But Nonis still has to fill out a few more spots.

BTW: How much will the kid sign for? Rumor has it 2 mill? Seems pricy...
    First of all this kid isn\'t sidney crosby. As highly sought after as he is, I don\'t think he\'s in any position to be demanding a first line spot. It will definitely help his decision though, finding a team that needs a top line winger, and the Canucks are definitely in need, so he would, at least, be given a chance. Plus, he\'d be getting a good shot on that PP as well.

Second of all, beauty call on Rolston. Imagine having those Sedins cycling that puck and sending it out for a Roslton cannon blast. Adding a guy who takes a ton of shots to that Sedin line would be a great move. Too bad he wants to stay in Minny. If they make a big push to get Hossa though, to play with Gabby and Demitra (who they\'d have to re-sign as well) then I could see Nonis making a big push for Rolston. And in that instance I could see additions of Rolston, Brunnstrom and Huselius as a very viable option. Interesting!@

And I believe your right about the contract, I\'ve been hearing 2mil as well. Who knows, could a a lower salary, laden with incentives, which would be prime!
    go nucks go@!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Stud

Crazy, I think there is a good chance that Morrison will re-sign with Canucks. That late season injury really didn\'t help his UFA status. I also wouldn\'t be surprised to see Naslund back. Both have been rumored to have said that they would play for less, to stay in Vancouver. Personally, I don\'t think that would be a bad thing. If Naslund did stay, I would like to see him give up the captainsy. (I don\'t mean that disrespectfully, a change would be nice.)

Nonis has done a commendable job. I am sure that he had several opportunities to make change, for the sake of making change, but has resisted the temptation. The fact that he isn\'t panicking and is able to recruit a player like Brunnstrom is admirable. Regardless of Brunnstrom\'s reasons for selecting Vancouver, it has the potential to be a coup (depending on how he progresses).

There will be more change. Not sure it will be as drastic as some think it has to be. I hope the rumor of Brunnstrom is true for the sake of Nonis and the fans. They could use some good news this year.

Dobber Sports Master

hockeylifer wrote:
    Crazy, I think there is a good chance that Morrison will re-sign with Canucks. That late season injury really didn\'t help his UFA status. I also wouldn\'t be surprised to see Naslund back. Both have been rumored to have said that they would play for less, to stay in Vancouver. Personally, I don\'t think that would be a bad thing. If Naslund did stay, I would like to see him give up the captainsy. (I don\'t mean that disrespectfully, a change would be nice.)

Nonis has done a commendable job. I am sure that he had several opportunities to make change, for the sake of making change, but has resisted the temptation. The fact that he isn\'t panicking and is able to recruit a player like Brunnstrom is admirable. Regardless of Brunnstrom\'s reasons for selecting Vancouver, it has the potential to be a coup (depending on how he progresses).

There will be more change. Not sure it will be as drastic as some think it has to be. I hope the rumor of Brunnstrom is true for the sake of Nonis and the fans. They could use some good news this year.
    hockeylifer, I just dont think Mo is a great 2nd liner anymore and would not be worth the money to play on the 4th line. He has been great to the organization but his time is up. He will only hurt the nucks who need to move in a new diretion.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Guru

ugh, next year could finally be the one that us flames fans have been fearing ever since luongo showed up gastown.

a few good offensive weapons could be the final pieces.

i don\'t think you have to worry about brunnstrom playing a defensive game. the swedes tend to teach that fairly well, and he should be a bit more mature than your average nhl rookie.

and to address the nonis bashing:

i think it\'s very commendable that he didn\'t sell the foundation to get a sexier roof this year. if he has the summer that everyone in vancouver is hoping for, then it will have been a very smart move.

Dobber Sports Master

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    ugh, next year could finally be the one that us flames fans have been fearing ever since luongo showed up gastown.

a few good offensive weapons could be the final pieces.

i don\'t think you have to worry about brunnstrom playing a defensive game. the swedes tend to teach that fairly well, and he should be a bit more mature than your average nhl rookie.

and to address the nonis bashing:

i think it\'s very commendable that he didn\'t sell the foundation to get a sexier roof this year. if he has the summer that everyone in vancouver is hoping for, then it will have been a very smart move.
    nice to see a flames fan appreciate what nonis is doing.
    while the pieces have not fallen in place, there is a chance for things to improve in gastown.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

well looks like the leafs fan knows more about the truth on nonis than the actuall nucks fans. NONIS GETS FIRED, thank you very much.

Dobber Sports Guru

ultrawhiteness, you are so very, very wrong

did not see that coming at all. poor guy can\'t even see his project through. lucky is the guy that inherits that team