Thread: Shop Nhl.com

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Shop Nhl.com

Has anyone purchased anything from \"Shop NHL\"? I placed a order for a new hat and a few T\'s but man was it PAINFUL. It took forever to get through the check out (im taking over a hour with constant hang ups)

They are however offering 20% off all items... but they do gouge you on Shipping.
    Hellfish Hockey League
    www.Hellfishhockey.ca

In The Crease
    www.inthecrease.ca

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Shop Nhl.com

I never have but I know that when I use that site for info or scores that it is painfully slow. I think they may need to be uprgrading their server.

Torture

Default Shop Nhl.com

I\'ve never used it personally. (I don\'t have a problem with the speed of the site though Shoeless, and I check it pretty often)

I have heard that if you orders from nhl.com the quality can be pretty sketchy though.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Shop Nhl.com

Oh man. I have some HORROR stories on this topic. Grab yourself some popcorn and throw your feet up on an ottoman.

Where to begin?

Okay. I got two $50 NHL.com gift cards at Christmas. Not a bad gift but I know pretty much whatever I got with it was going to be marked up over 20% what I could find the item if I shopped around online or the browsed the bay. I buy a good amount of jerseys so the giver knew I would be able to find something I liked.

I started by going through the sale and clearance lists because I may never buy a REEBOK jersey and I know they are surely trying to clear out some old stock. I only buy Replica jerseys since the Extra Money you sink into the Authentics is better just getting TWO Replicas for the Price of One Authentic.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Shop Nhl.com

Torture wrote:
    I\'ve never used it personally. (I don\'t have a problem with the speed of the site though Shoeless, and I check it pretty often)

I have heard that if you orders from nhl.com the quality can be pretty sketchy though.
    Yeah well I am living with a pretty old computer so that might be it, but I certainly don\'t have issues with speed in too many other places so I wonder.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Shop Nhl.com

I dont have a favorite team and I can pretty much find a player on every team that I would wear the jersey of except the Flyers. Lightning would strike me dead. Anyway, I found a Dark Preds XL personalized for $75. I never got a Vokoun and I figured I would eventually so here was a good shot. That is where the fun began.

Now. The peeps that answer the phones on NHL.com are NOT there to help you in anyway. They are not there to really answer questions. They are just there to fill orders. Well I was told that I could NOT get a Vokoun Pred jersey made since he was no longer on the roster. I understand that rule KINDA but it makes NO SENSE to have people available to get made THAT NEVER WORE THE CCM Jersey style. Likewise, I COULD GET an old style PANTHERS jersey with Vokoun on it but HE NEVER WORE THE OLD STYLE PANTHERS JERSEYS just because he is NOW ON THE FLORIDA ROSTER. Stoopid Stoopid Rules but I tried to be creative. First I asked if they could ship me the letters LOOSE and they said NO. Then I asked if I could get all but ONE letter and they said NO. It seems that the NHL.com WASTES time to have an employee PROOF READ all orders. That makes sense if something is profane but NOT if you want a Rangers Jersey and your last name just happens to be Leetch or Messier. Not going to happen at NHL.com

I asked if they can put in spaces. In retrospect this was a bad idea, but it soulded good to me at the time. I was told yes, so I went ahead with ordering a V KOUN jersey with the 29 and it looked like I would just have to go and get an O at some hockey shop. Done and Done.

Well. The jersey arrives in a 10x10x5 box. Now the crest on the Preds jersey is BIGGER than that. The jersey had been wedged in by FOLDING BOTH ENDS of the crest so IT WOULD NOT LIE FLAT. Also, ONE of the SHOULDER PATCHES was PEELING OFF. It gets worse. The Name Plate had V KOUN like I asked but the V and K were SO CLOSE TOGETHER that there was NO WAY I could fit an O there and it would look idiotic.

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Shop Nhl.com

Now. The jersey arrived quickly so no complaints there. I figured I would contact NHL.com and complain about the packaging and the shoulder patch. I figured the Name was nobodys fault but I was still pissed I couldnt even get Vokoun to begin with.

Again the phone peeps. I was instructed to return the item and I would be refunded my total minus a $5 shipping surcharge. Fine. That I can accept. Now I have $95 to work with.

They also had some of the older Blue Jackets personalized jerseys. I figure I could do a Zherdev or a Nash. I have a Zherdev Red Army mostly because he wears 13 but I wouldnt mind Nash. They had them for like $75 too. Both were available since they are on the team. HERE is the problem. They showed the jerseys being made with some ABSURD NUMBERS that the JACKETS NEVER USED. You could get other Jackets Jerseys with their regular numbers but with the CLEARANCE ONES, YOU HAD TO GET CRAPPY NUMBERS???? THat makes NO SENSE. NONE. You dont allow former player jerseys, you allow current players that never wore the current style, and you sell some jerseys with WRONG numbering ON PURPOSE???? NOT LIKE THE JERSEYS ARE ALREADY MADE. NHL.COM knowingly MAKES JERSEYS TO ORDER WITH THE WRONG FONTS. And you cannot even get them to change that.

UGH.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Shop Nhl.com

I finally decided on just getting some player t-shirts. I got XXL since Reebok always sizes smaller and they are probably the closest I will get to purchasing a Reebok jersey.

I selected a Ovechkin Red Caps, Doan MaroonishBrown or whatever color they have Coyotes, Vokoun Navy Florida, and a Nabokov Black Sharks.

Three showed up pretty fast but the Nabokov was newer so it took about a month longer. Total with shipping was a little more than I had left on the cards so NHL.com actually got some cash out of me in the end.

All things considering, the shirts are pretty nice. Nice and big, with the team logo on the front and nhl logo just beneath the neck. Last Name and Number on the back in teh team fonts and colors. Kinda like lightweight jerseys which is nice since it is already too warm in Jersey for regular jerseys. I would like to think I will never purchase from NHL.com again but I might pick up others of the tshirts if I like the player enough.

Thanks for letting me vent about NHL.com

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Shop Nhl.com

Im now worried about my hundred dollar purchase! THANKS A LOT!! haha just kidding

I picked up a NYR Hat and T-Shirt along with 2 \"original 6\" shirts... I hate buying shit online cause i never know what size to get... I\'m usually a M but sometimes a M is not really a M if that makes sense... but if i order a large with my luck it will be huge and i can also use it as a skirt...

well i guess i have to cross my fingers and pray.
    Hellfish Hockey League
    www.Hellfishhockey.ca

In The Crease
    www.inthecrease.ca

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Shop Nhl.com

hahaha wow that is one horror story man!!! silly NHL.com people, maybe they pulled a prank with the vokoun jersey lol
    H2H Keeper League, 16 teams, finished 2nd

Crosby, Gagner, Connolly, Moller, Couture
    Hemsky, Okposo, Stafford, Radulov
    Filatov, Raymond, Macarthur, S Kostitsyn, Tlusty, A Kostitsyn
    Seabrook, Franson, Carle, Letang, Yandle
    Garon, Rolo, JDD, Anderson
    Farm:
    JvR,Soderberg, Backlund, Helenius, Neuvirth, Varlamov, Dubnyk, J Boychuk, Shattenkirk

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Shop Nhl.com

All should be good in the end. I just picked up a Brand New Dark Preds CCM Replica Jersey for $40 shipped. Now I just have to find the best price for the personalization. Done and Done.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Shop Nhl.com

Wow that is one hell of a story tiantonio!

Personally I have never purchased jerseys on NHL.com because I have come across similar issues. The customer service reps on the phone are not very knowledgeable or willing to help.

I have actually ordered a few times on NHL.com, mostly hats, t-shirts, and some office items. I got a Flyers mini-zamboni and everyone loves it at my office. Sometimes the prices are a little out of control, but other times, they have solid selections for a decent price. You kinda have to go into it knowing that your expectations need to be lowered.

As far as the shipping goes, it\'s kind of a joke there too. I noticed on the NHL trade deadline that they had a sale 20% off your order and free shipping on $100 plus orders, so I ordered a bunch of stuff to meet these criteria, ended up saving about $20 or so, and waited for my items, 2 of which were Philadelphia St. Pattys day items. Both items arrived the Monday AFTER St. Pattys. I was pretty pissed, but almost expected it. They told me my items were on backorder and that they would try getting them to me ASAP.

In my opinion though, if you are selling items strictly for St Pattys, you do your best to ship those items before St Pattys. ugh. Also, I ordered a total of 5 items. I got three shipments.

Like I said, the only way to go into it is by lowering your expectations before you order.
    @tlucarelli on twitter