Thread: Vladimir Tarasenko for David Clarkson ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Vladimir Tarasenko for David Clarkson ?

I'm currently in 2nd place and making a run for 1st but I'm dead last in PIM out of 14 Team - ROTO. I have lot's of keepers but am I nuts to trade away Tarasenko for Clarkson ? I'm thiking of playing Ott & Clarkson on my Utility for the remainer of the season to catch up in PIM. The dude that has Clarkson has no shot at winning, so he is looking for young players as keepers.

Who else could I offer for Clarkson if not Tarasenko ?

Yahoo! 14 TEAM - ROTO - KEEPER - C(2), LW(2), RW(2), D(4), UTIL(2), G(2), IR(3), BN(6)

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Note: We get to keep 10 keepers!

C:
    Jonathan Toews
    Ryan Getzlaf
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

LW:
    Taylor Hall
    Chris Kunitz
    Dany Heatley
    Steve Ott

RW:
    Jeff Skinner
    Vladimir Tarasenko
    Jarome Iginla
    Michael Ryder

D:
    P.K. Subban
    Slava Voynov
    Brian Campbell
    Jack Johnson
    Slava Voynov
    Lubomir Visnovsky

G:
    Jonathan Quick
    Jonas Hiller
    Justin Peters
    Dan Ellis

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wouldn't trade Tarasenko for Clarkson. Tarasenko will be a star. Clarkson adds peripherals but his upside is nowhere near Tarasenko's.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Superstar

IMO, Bad idea! Here's why: I would suggest that if you need PIM, Clarkson is not the piece you need. His role has changed, he is counted on to provide scoring, not sit in the penalty box! His PIM is good, but will it add up enough to significantly move you up in that category. And...look what you are giving up. Taresenko is likely to be something very special. Not a good idea to trade that away. If your league format supports it, I would strongly suggest trying to find some serious PIM via the FA or WW route. Remember, we only have 20 games or so left. The chances are, a guy like Colton Orr will get you the PIM you need in a handful of games. It's a little risky, and you will have to work it, but it can be done and it will not cost you one of the best young prospects in the game, and that, in return for a guy that will likely not move you up enough in the PIM cat. Hope this helps.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I'm currently in 2nd place and making a run for 1st but I'm dead last in PIM out of 14 Team - ROTO. I have lot's of keepers but am I nuts to trade away Tarasenko for Clarkson ? I'm thiking of playing Ott & Clarkson on my Utility for the remainer of the season to catch up in PIM. The dude that has Clarkson has no shot at winning, so he is looking for young players as keepers.

Who else could I offer for Clarkson if not Tarasenko ?

Yahoo! 14 TEAM - ROTO - KEEPER - C(2), LW(2), RW(2), D(4), UTIL(2), G(2), IR(3), BN(6)

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Note: We get to keep 10 keepers!

C:
    Jonathan Toews
    Ryan Getzlaf
    Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

LW:
    Taylor Hall
    Chris Kunitz
    Dany Heatley
    Steve Ott

RW:
    Jeff Skinner
    Vladimir Tarasenko
    Jarome Iginla
    Michael Ryder

D:
    P.K. Subban
    Slava Voynov
    Brian Campbell
    Jack Johnson
    Slava Voynov
    Lubomir Visnovsky

G:
    Jonathan Quick
    Jonas Hiller
    Justin Peters
    Dan Ellis

LOL. Well, since you have an extra Slava Voynov, I would trade one of those. Seriously, I wouldn't trade any of your guys for him. Stand your ground.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Initiate

Clarkson is a nice piece, but he's not worth a Tarasenko. If you're worried about PIM there must be some straight up goons available in the FA market. I'd drop Peters, who's only getting spot starts, and grab a guy like Mike Brown and sit him in my utility slot. You won't lose any offense, which would be the case if you moved Tarasenko, and you're only giving up a back-up goalie (realistically a 3rd string NHLer) who you wouldn't keep in a million years anyways. Good luck.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks guy's, I refused the offer and picked up Coltor Orr & Steve Ott off waivers. I just missed out on Colton Orr's 29 PIM the other night @BUF but hope he will rack some PIM tonight Vs. the Bruins. This morning I just got offered W. Simmonds & a Round 1 Draft Pick for my C. Kunitz but I think I will Reject and just roll wiht Orr & Ott & hope I catch up on PIM to make a run for 1st as I'm just 6 points back from 1st place.