Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crosby VS. Malkin

The Magnificent One

Default Crosby VS. Malkin

now this might be a stupid post as we all know these 2 guys are amazing but i am thinking that Malkin might be the better player. for fantasy purposes malkin might be because of his LW play but besides that..

Last year i saw a few games and crosby was just SICK. he did a 360 to avoid 2 players and still got the puck back. that was crazy i believe it was against the rangers.

But watching last nights game i have to say i was watching them both and crosby is mad fast and skilled but Malkin just had everything going for him. he was everywhere, had the shots and the moves.

crosby could just still be semi injured and he looked good. once him and hossa connect there will be no stopping that line but im still putting my support behind Malkin.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think that thought may cross a lot of people\'s minds every once in a while...but Crosby would still be my choice.

1. High ankle sprains are a bitch to come back from, especially for a player like Sid who puts so much pressure on that ankle.

2. Hossa is a phenomenal player...but I think Crosby\'s stats will be astronomical when he gets to play with somebody who is just a \"shooter.\"

3. Crosby still had a higher ppg than Malkin this season.

In any league where goals and assists are equal, it\'s still got to be Sid.

Dobber Sports Master

I\'m biased as a Malkin owner and have been impressed with his season. His size allows him to drive the net and draw penalties and it is impossible to get the puck off him. What has impressed me the most is his defensive play in the neutral zone. Every game I have watched this season he has made a steal in the neutral zone, turned it up ice and created a goal or a good scoring chance. But if I had to choose between the two I would still go with Corsby.

Both are superstars and Malkin has stepped up in Corsby\'s absense. Look for Malkin to lose his LW eligibility and play 2nd line C next season.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Crazynuck wrote:

Both are superstars and Malkin has stepped up in Corsby\'s absense. Look for Malkin to lose his LW eligibility and play 2nd line C next season.
    Malkin - 2nd line center - Must be nice to be a Pens fan

Dobber Sports Master

I see Malone coming back and the Pens will keep the Malone - Malkin - Sykora line together. Crosby will get Dupuis and whoever else is left or signed. In a way Crosby would be the 2nd line Center.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Expert

they are both amazing players. Stylically, I think Malkin is more like Ovechkin, tough, gritty, both way player and Crosby is more finesse as well as a 2 way player.

I have malkin, would love crosby.

I saw malkin trying to do it all himself last night. which isn\'t a bad thing, 3 points, but he has to be a leader and rely on his team mates.

honestly, I thought that Malkin should wear the C, especially after his performance this season.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Master

I disagree with Malkin trying to do it all himself and not relying on his teammates. He is a skilled guy and will try to drive the net when no one is open but this kid has eyes on the back of his head and will make use of his linemates if they are open. He is the total package.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

It\'s still weird seeing Hossa out there on the ice with the Penguins.. He looks so out of place?? I hope he and Crosby can get some chemistry going.. He is always lagging behind crosby, its like they aren\'t a good fit.. PP looked good but they have all shooters on the PP, Malkin, Crosby, Gonchar, Sykora, Hossa..

Keeper league I would still take Crosby, even though Malkin is amazing.
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

Crazynuck wrote:
    I disagree with Malkin trying to do it all himself and not relying on his teammates. He is a skilled guy and will try to drive the net when no one is open but this kid has eyes on the back of his head and will make use of his linemates if they are open. He is the total package.
    I wasn\'t saying he does it all the time. I just saw it a couple times during the game last night. I believe Malkin is a leader, and I think they jumped the gun making Crosby the Cap...
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Master

I think Gonchar would have been the best choice. Take the pressure off both the young stars.
    Also agree Malkin over Crosby as captain. I think Crosby has too much pressure on him already and the C has put him on the edge. Malkin seems to thrive under pressure.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

The Magnificent One

malkin i think does alot but he is a big team player. just make note of the 2 on 1 him and sykora. he was all about the pass which ofcourse sykora took advanage of.. i will add that sykora always and still has an amazing shot
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

You can\'t give the C to a Russian in his second year in the league, he is forsurely not ready for that, and then he would have the added pressure.. I would also agree with giving the C to Gonchar until Crosby had atleast 5 years under his belt. He does have alot of pressure on him and its unfair this early in his career.. The way Roberts played last night he should have the C and 2 A\'s on his sweater..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Guru

Malkin a captain? Are you guys loco? The kid refuses to speak english in public without Gonchar there to translate for him! I cannot believe this was even suggested.

Crosby deserves to be the captain. I didn\'t see Malkin put up 120 points this year! Crosby has shouldered the responsibility that leadership brings, freeing up Gino to just go out and play and not worry about interviews, marketing, and all that other non-hockey bs.

Crosby scored at a 111 point pace this year.... and people were still waiting for him to turn it up. Malkin will be a great player, but Crosby should still be ahead of him on draft lists if goals=assists. And crazy is right... Malkin will lose his LW eligibility, if not next year, then for sure the year after. (which is bad news for my team)

Dobber Sports Master

Pit can\'t take the C away now.... but i think it would be best for Crobsy and the team
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Pro

One big difficulty for all superstars is the fact that they are always compared against their greatest achievements.

Recently Darren Dreger had an article that suggested Crosby was not a great \"goal scorer\" or that he had difficulties scoring goals.

I am just waiting to see if OV \"only\" score 49 goals next year, there will be people who say he is \"not as good\" as we thought.

I guess there will always be people looking for the negative needle in a positive haystack.

Just like Gretzky slacking or going downhill after the 215 pts in the 1985-86 season....... (yes this was sarcasm)