Thread: Studs & Duds - Monday, 03/18/13

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Studs & Duds - Monday, 03/18/13

Studs & Duds

STUDS

"Sugar Kane": Patrick Kane is having a magical season. Heading into last night's game: 34 points in 28GP. Well, thanks to his 10th multi-point performance, you can tack on points 35, 36 and 37 (16G, 21A). The cherry on top would be for him to lead his team to another championship. How sweet would that be?

"Return Of The King": Well, at least we hope so. It hasn't been the typical Kingly season for Lundy owner's. Heading into last night's contest, Henrik sported an 11-11-1 record, .919sv%, 2.30GAA and 0 Shut Outs! Henrik finished the night with 29 saves on 30 shots - .967% He tried like hell for that first SO, but he came up short, much like the Rangers season to date. Just look at how streaky the Rangers have been:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/...vVpkXBL41ivLYF

If anything, Lundy should be good for Ws the next few games: 03/19 @ NJ; 03/21 vs. FLA; 03/24 vs. WAS; 03/26 @ PHI.

"Johnny Be Good, Real Good!": Mr. Toews paired up with his partner in crime and also walked away with a 3pt night. He's not up to Kane's point totals, but he's making his mark with back to back 3pt performances - 14pts in the last 10 games. 4 of those 10 games were multi-point performances - trending up!

Killing Them SOFTLY:

Jake "The Snake" Muzzin with a PPG. That was his 12th point (6G,6A) in 25GP - a point every other game. Not a big deal, right? Wrong! All 12 of his points have come in the last 12 games!!! Remarkable if you ask me. This kid seems for real, and is apparently here to stay. He may be the WW gem of the year if he keeps this up.

Andrew Cogliano had an assist last night. 18pts in 28 games is some sneaky contribution on his part. Great depth guy.

Tyler Johnson with an assist and a +2 night. This performance comes on the heels of a 1G,1A game vs. Carolina. Those familiar with this man's work in the "A" know he has what it takes to stay.

Duds

"Now you see me, Now you don't!": Has anyone seen Marion Gaborik's game? Anyone? This is his 4th consecutive scoreless game. I bet you didn't know this is his 3rd trip down this road! In 42.8% of his games to date he has scored ZEROs points. Totally unacceptable for a man of his talents. I know Nash is a big man, but does he cast that much of a shadow?

"Take a Flyer?": In what appeared to be a "Break Out" season, Braden Schenn has
    now gone scoreless in 7 straight games. He has 19pts in 28gp which isn't horrible. I am certain his owners expected beter. With his recent cold streak , he may be a good buy-low in keeper/dynasty leagues before the trade deadline ends.

"The Dog Days of Spring": The Yotes got tuned up 4-0 by the LA Kings. Any team can get blanked or lose three games in a row, but you know you are really good at losing whe all 3 of your losing streak games involved you getting blanked: Stl 3-0; Cls 1-0; Kings 4-0. Damn! Ima go out on a limb and say start your goalers vs. Pho.

See you next Monday Massacre. One!

Last edited by One87; March 19, 2013 at 7:25 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Expert

Great work here!

I didn't realize the Yotes had been shut down for 3 games straight. I guess that would explain why my OEL hasn't got me any points lately.

Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by bumchilly25; March 19, 2013 at 8:50 PM.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    Greta work here!

I didn't realize the Yotes had been shut down for 3 games straight. I guess that would explain why my OEL hasn't got me any points lately.

Keep up the great work!
    Thanks

, bim.... much appreciated!
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury