Thread: Studs & Duds - Monday, 03/12/13

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Studs & Duds - Monday, 03/12/13

Studs & Duds

STUDS

"Flame ******ant": If you are a frustrated Quick owner who decided to sit him last night, boy did you got burned. Some of you may be thinking: "no on would bench Quick versus the Flames!" Well, he faced them a few days ago on 03/09/13 and put up .895sv% on the heals of a .810sv% vs. Dal on 03/07/13; .833sv% vs. StL on 03/05/13; .826sv% vs. Van on 03/02/13. Whew! Those who have a titanium pair were rewarded with a win and solid sv %. Let's see if he can build on this performance and return to last year's Stanley Cup winning form as the season comes to a close. I expect Quick to respond well and get some decent run here.

Jake "The Snake" Muzzin: This guy is cold-blooded. 2A last night with 1 of them coming on the PP. 12pts in 21gp. Not too bad, right? Bet you didn't even realize that 8 of those points have come in the last 8 games!!! I guess we know why LA was comfortable to let their former 1st rd pick, Thomas Hickey, walk out the door. Show of hands from those who drafted this kid in their fantasy leagues! Well, if you didn't now is your chance to bag him. GO! Do it now!! What are you waiting for?

"Hi. My name is Chris, not Erik!": Okay... I know no one is going to mistake me for Erik Karlsson. But I am filling in and have been a sneaky good play as of late with 5A in the last 6 games. Hey, I had 2 apples last night! Give me some play here, especially in deeper leagues. You could do far more worse than the #1 overall pick from the '96 draft.

Killing Them Softly

Slava Voynov added a goal to his point totak of 18pts in 25GP. He has 13pts in th last 10GP. Wow!

Kyle Turris continues to produce - 1G with 3SOG raising his point total to 14pts (5G,9A) in 25gp.

Daniel Paille - 1G with 3SOG. His second consecutive game with a point. He's just below a point every other game with 9pts in 21GP.

Duds

"It takes two to make a thing go wrong!: NHL schedule makers get the #1 dud spot for providing us with two whole games to start the week. Gee, thanks... * slow clap *

"Offensive": The Flames' offense has been downright offensive to watch. Talk about a team who needs to shake things up. Enough is enough already. Do the right thing. Start the rebuild and send Iggy off right to a contender!

"A night sky without stars?": The Bruins won 3-2 over the Senators. But their best player, Tyler Seguin, couldn't find the scorer's sheet. The Kings won 3-1 over the Flames. Their best player, Kopitar, was held scoreless. Shame on both of you!!! When your owners see a few points up for your respective teams as well as familiar names pointing, we expect your name not to be absent!

I hope you enjoyed my attempt to make a gourmet meal out of scraps.

Uno out!

Last edited by One87; March 12, 2013 at 2:12 AM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Genius

Nice write up man!
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    Nice write up man!

Thanks D. Appreciate the feedback.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Informative, several LOL moments...GREAT write up fella! An enjoyable Read. Still haven't bitten on Muzzin though...I want to but...I ........ Just... Can't ............ Do............it.

1 Waiver left...the second I pick up someone:
    Muzzin = (will Cool Off and disappear once again)
    Lehner = (will be sent down with a surprise return from Anderson)
    J.Johnson = (won't be traded to Pitt)
    P. Martin = (will suffer a significan shoulder injury)
    Bou = (will return to the Bou of old on the dreadful Flames team)
    Alfredsson = (will continue to be the most skilled guy on an AHL worthy Sens')
    and the Chris you speak of...where did he come from...Exactly where he'll crawl back to the second I snap him up.

SO...in the best interest of EVERYONE who owns these guys...I will continue to hold on to my Waiver...(enter Jaws Theme here)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Good read One.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....