Thread: Sens fans: Redden?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Sens fans: Redden?

Hey Guys, I was over at Spector\'s (http://www.spectorshockey.net/index....s&Itemid=9)
    and reading that Redden was looking at a 6.5 mil/year deal again for next season: anyone insane enough to pay him that money?

Is he that valuable? I mean the Sens outplayed the Habs in 5r of their 8 meetings this year, and even then, I never saw Redden has having that much of an impact on the team.

I\'d just like some input on what Redden brings to the team from dedicated Sens fans.

Cheers
    Keeper, points-only 15 keepers a year
    Forwards
    Forsberg, J. Hughes, Kyrou, Beniers, Caufield, Suzuki, Lafrenière, Krejci, Keller, Marchment, Roslovic, Gallagher, N. Robertson, Sillinger, Holtz, Wright, Eklund, B. Lambert
    Defensemen
    Girard, Q. Hughes, Sandin, Dahlin, Petry, Hronek, Drysdale, Jiricek, Perunovich
    Goalies
    Saros, Quick, Allen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He\'s been listless all season. The only way he can justify that amount of money is by being an absolute beast in the playoffs. As a Sens fan I sure hope the guy plays for a paycheck...
    "If the all star game is about showing off ur skills. If I was in the breakaway competition, I'd dump it in and change."
    -Paul Bissonette, "BizNasty2point0", on Twitter, January 30, 2011

Dobber Sports Padawan

First things first, I am a fan of Redden\'s and hate the way everyone has been running him out of town the last couple of seasons. Aside from the last two years, he has been one of the Sen\'s best defencemen.

He\'s usually one of the best puck movers in the league, an excellent skater, very positionally sound and pretty decent from the point on the PP.

His knock though, has always been how he does not play physical enough.

That being said, his last two seasons have been disasterous, by his standards and by 6.5 mil/year standards.

If the report is true, and he\'s looking for that kind of money, then he won\'t be re-signing in Ottawa again.

6.5 mil/year was too much to begin with and anybody would be insane to give him that much again. He\'s more a 3.5 to 4 mil/year type of player.

What has to be remembered is that Muckler decided to keep Redden over Chara, which has turned out to be a mistake. If Murray had been the GM two years ago, I think the reverse would\'ve happened and Chara would still be here.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...