Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Pro

Default New Dynasty League with a Twist

Saves is a great category, far better than shutouts.

You can have a great tender on a weak defensive team getting shelled week in and week out. He rarely gets wins and may have a lousy GAA, but he faces 40+ shots a night.

Meanwhile, a tender on a good defensive team wins a game 3-1 on 17 shots and has a better chance to get a shut-out.

Leagues with daily starts should also use Saves. It forces teams to continue to play their tenders instead of benching guys after a couple of good games.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Can we have both, saves and shutout ?

Dobber Sports Ninja

We only have room for 2 goalie categories and Wins is a for sure, so we\'d have to chose between one or the other.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Raccer wrote:
    Can we have both, saves and shutout ?
    With only one goalie, I think they should be limited in the number of categories they (one player) controls.

I know Wins and Saves aren\'t perfect and I do like both GAA and SV%, but if I was to choose the best two cats for a large pool, I\'m taking Wins and Saves.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If it can only be 2, Wins and Saves are fine.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I did not get the last update by email.

I like SV% myself but I think it goes hand in hand with saves. So might as well just put saves and wins if only 2 cats are available.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Noriculous,

I\'ve resent you the email, hopefully you receive this one.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

OK, new email sent. I\'ve changed my mind on roster sizes. It means more work for The Comish, but it\'s more in line with what I had intended in the first place. Have a read, but these rules should be what we start drafting with.

Thanks for all the feedback you guys. I\'ve incorporated many great ideas into these rules.

I would like everyone to start thinking about the draft. Ideally we can finish 5-10 rounds before the end of the playoffs. With this many teams and a slow draft (via email and or these forums), it will take some time.

Regardless, I will post the draft results as they happen on the forum here for all to see! Should be a blast.

At this moment I have 29 interested teams. I understand that some may drop out when it comes time to commit. Hopefully we have our 30 committed teams right away and can start drafting 20 May or so? Anyone not access their email between 20 May and 20 June timeframe? Let me know. Cheers!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

WOW! I got in on the ground floor with this pool. I responded to the original message in the forum and I haven\'t been back since...I am blown away at the amount of discussion this pool has generated and I can\'t wait to get started. I am in two pools that I usually dominate but I am pretty sure that I am the only one in either pool that knows about Dobberhockey...not sure how I\'ll fare with an even playing field. I am also not a big poster in the forum and I have lived in the Midwest US for the last year...not exactly a hotbed of hockey information so I am making myself the early underdog in \'The Best Hockey Pool Ever\' (since we are still looking for a name)
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Ninja

I\'ll bet we are going to have several people who are used to dominating their pools in this one! It\'s going to pit some very good poolies against each other.

I would like everyone who has expressed an interest to either respond here or send me an email letting me know whether you are in or out. I will hold a spot for you until I hear the answer.

Geez, sometimes I just make it difficult on myself. I am having second thoughts on using the SHP category (low volume, fluky?). I personally prefer the Points category, but the argument is that we already have Goals and Assists and PPP, Points would be too heavily in favour of the top players.

I don\'t like Face Off Wins as it favours C and I don\'t like that you can\'t track them in the average box score.

Anyone have thoughts they want to share with us? SHP vs Points?

Dobber Sports Stud

i emailed you my thoughts on pts vs shp, i pick option C, cut them both, there si a reason yahoo default is only G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,PIM, they are all solid stats, and 9 stats isnt horrible!

Also for the name i think basic is all that will be required and think
    \"THE Hockey Pool\" might have a nice ring to it, since we all agree this will be the top league out there and should be considered the only league and we shouldn\'t even try to tell it apart from them, as far as we are concerned this is THE Hockey Pool and everything else is nothing in comparison!

Dobber Sports Guru

i\'m in commish.

yeah, i\'m not crazy about SHP either, and PTS are kinda redundant.

when will they add hits and blocked shots or steals as categories? you know, something consistant, that actually affects the outcome of a game?

Dobber Sports Master

Comish I\'m in.

As I stated in my email i\'m not a fan of SHP either.
    I like having 9 categories.

If you want a 10th category i\'m a big fan of hits.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am in!

I think 9 categories is good.