Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dynasty League with a Twist

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default New Dynasty League with a Twist

For those that didn\'t receive my email I sent earlier today, here\'s a cut and paste:

Attached are the Salary and Positions list. A big thank you to Chinny is necessary for putting together salaries, positions and this season\'s stats. You can thank him by giving him karma in the dobber forums!

The salary cap is $1000. Max player salary possible is $200, but Chinny assures me that is next to impossible. Min player salary is $5.

If you can\'t manage your money, too bad. You will not be able to continue drafting if run out of money, even if you only have 14 players. There is no player minimum in terms of roster size. The onus is on you to field the best roster possible.

After the draft, teams can go over the $1000 cap by $250 (about two decent star players). Before heading into the following year\'s draft, all teams will have to be at or under the $1000 limit again. The $1000 limit is for the draft, so in theory we all start at the same base level.

Just to be clear, here are the nine categories: Forwards and Defensemen: Goals, Assists, Plus/Minus, Penalty Minutes, Shots on Goal, Power Play Points. Goaltenders: Wins, Saves, Goals Against Average.

Lottery draw for draft positions - For those who are trusting or can\'t figure out random.org, I will post the results in the dobber forums as well as send an email out to everyone.

The actual draft will not take place before 20 May. Draft preparations should be made now. That said, once we all know our draft positions, if the first overall pick happens to end up in my inbox, I would send a note to the second overall team and tell them the pick (and info everyone else of course) and hope that they have their pick ready to go as well. I personally am not ready to draft, but if I were to get a top pick I might be able to make it without too much difficulty.

Once we start drafting, I will start a Dynasty League draft thread under the Comish\'s Corner in dobberhockey forums. There will be a new thread for each ROUND. I will also post a summary thread as the picks happen. So we will have two active threads in the Comish\'s Corner forum while the draft is happening. I will also be sending emails as necessary (maybe just to prompt someone who may not be on the forum at the time).

There are still four of you guys who haven\'t yet responded as to whether or not you are still in. I have two teams waiting for the opportunity, so I sure hope I hear from you soon. I would want to give those two guys who are waiting time to work on a draft list.

Good luck in the lottery - I hope you get the draft position you want. Oh, no trading is allowed until The Comish gives the go ahead. If we have trading now, it will further delay what is going to be a very long draft.

Cheers,

The Comish
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Chicleteur wrote:
    Comish, when you said \"you must drop them with no compensation (you don\'t get an extra pick)\", I assume you would be able to pick someone from the FA pool?
    Yes you can start using your 50 transactions, but you don\'t get a \"free\" pick to fill out your roster.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Chinny wrote:
    Please Note the Postions might not be exact or fully correct, but that is what yahoo currently has them as and it should be better than nothing!
    Thanks for the Chinny! I was going to mention that, but someone interrupted me (I hate it when work interferes with hockey pool stuff) and I forgot.

Everyone is in the same boat regarding Yahoo positions. It is what it is for everyone. We also have a Utility roster spot, so no crying that one of your players is actually playing LW and %&#@* Yahoo hasn\'t given him dual eligibility yet.

Dobber Sports Giant

The Comish wrote:
    Chicleteur wrote:
    Comish, when you said \"you must drop them with no compensation (you don\'t get an extra pick)\", I assume you would be able to pick someone from the FA pool?
    Yes you can start using your 50 transactions, but you don\'t get a \"free\" pick to fill out your roster.
    That\'s what I thought. Thanks Comish!

Dobber Sports Master

Before last season I was never involved in a pool that included positions. Has Heatley been a LW/RW for the past few seasons or was this just last season.

NHL.com has him as a LW..... if his loses his duo eligability will he be a LW?
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Giant

From what I can recall (past 2-3 years) he had always started the season as a RW and was giving the LW shortly after the season started.

Dobber Sports Master

I\'ve always known him as a RW but nhl.com has him at LW so I thought I\'d ask.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Pro

I have a quick question regarding the cap and the draft.

The Commish indicated that once you run out of money you\'re done drafting, regardless of how many players you have. I have never been involved in a cap, keeper or dynasty league and I\'m just wondering if that is how things normally work.

I would have thought that as long as you were under the cap when the season started you would be ok. If you screwed up your draft and were over the cap, you would need to make some trades or cuts prior to the season. This is basically what will happen after players are re-valued after next season, correct?

Thanks,
    Rad
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Pro

By the way, great job on the player valuations, Chinny!
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Crazynuck wrote:
    I\'ve always known him as a RW but nhl.com has him at LW so I thought I\'d ask.
    If I\'m not mistaken, he was switched on the RW in his rookie year because when playing with Kovalchuk. He was \"more versatile\" at that time, anyways that\'s what I remember.

Dobber Sports Padawan

TSN has Heater listed as a dual winger as well.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Master

Thx guys.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Ninja

Rad64 wrote:
    I would have thought that as long as you were under the cap when the season started you would be ok. If you screwed up your draft and were over the cap, you would need to make some trades or cuts prior to the season. This is basically what will happen after players are re-valued after next season, correct?
    Rad, don\'t screw up your draft! :P You have to stay on or under your cap at the draft, otherwise there\'s no point in having the cap in place for the draft. It takes away from draft strategy if you can just pick up anyone you want and trade them before the season starts.

Next year, after the regular season is over, we will know how much each player will cost for the following season. Then sometime after the playoffs are complete and before next year\'s draft, we will be allowed to trade.

Dobber Sports Stud

It is really anyones guess what position Yahoo will list the players, this is the best we can get up to know and hopefully it is close to what Yahoo spits out to start the year. Yahoo player positions change during the year, hopefully they don\'t do many off season mods!

About the cap
    doing a mock draft by drafting the best available player the average salary of the teams was $990. In saying this it will be possible to draft over the cap so you have to be aware at all times what your cap number is. You just have to make sure that when you draft you leave $5 per spot you have remaining

Dobber Sports Guru

my experience with yahoo position eligibility is this:

if they are at all unsure, he\'s gonna be a center!!!

heater starts at RW usually.