Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dynasty League with a Twist

Dobber Sports Stud

Default New Dynasty League with a Twist

Crazynuck wrote:
    Like I said your fantasy team will look like an actual NHL team. Gonna be amazing.
    Exactly!
    I CAN\'T WAIT!

Dobber Sports Giant

Crazynuck wrote:
    Like I said your fantasy team will look like an actual NHL team. Gonna be amazing.
    Oh definitely and like Chinny said, it looks brighter if you had propects in the mix.

Dobber Sports Pro

I like that Ladd pick, great value there. Bernier looks good, too.

Man, that\'s an ugly squad. I wonder what the worst top two lines on an NHL squad are right now?
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Stud

Rad64 wrote:
    I like that Ladd pick, great value there. Bernier looks good, too.

Man, that\'s an ugly squad. I wonder what the worst top two lines on an NHL squad are right now?
    My mock draft currently doesn\'t have salaries listed with it (stupid VBA size restrictions!, im working on it) but yes those younger guys with fewer years under their belts or even guys who haven\'t quite broken out yet will have big value in this league

Dobber Sports Padawan

Looking at that mock draft, like the Red Wings, gonna have to find those diamonds in the rough.

Time to brush-up on prospects!

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Pro

Initial number is the order you reply to the Commish that you\'re in.

Draft order can then be set using a random number generator, 1-30.

Run it a second time and you\'ve got your team\'s starting division placement. A -->1-10, B-->11-20, c--> 21-30.

Good to go!
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Stud

or everyone can send in their 6-49 numbers, the total difference you are off is your score, rank scores in order for draft and groupings

ie
    my numbers

real 6-49

therefore my score is
    5/2 = 3
    7/3 = 4
    23/11 = 12
    25/15 = 10
    34/39 = 5
    42/46 = 4

3+4+12+10+5+4 = 38
    ties are borken by difference of 1st number, then if needed 2nd number and so on.

that way Comish can post everyone numbers and then everyone can look up the 6-49 numbers after they are picked.

The Magnificent One

okay i know i was in this league and to be honest i havent been following. im sorry been out of it with holidays and a new job. so i will check all my emails and stuff over the weekend and try to catch up. if that is that im still in this league
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Stud

newper114 wrote:
    okay i know i was in this league and to be honest i havent been following. im sorry been out of it with holidays and a new job. so i will check all my emails and stuff over the weekend and try to catch up. if that is that im still in this league
    As far as i have heard, everyone who showed intial interest is still in unless they have stated otherwise.

Dobber Sports Master

newper114 just make sure you send an email to Commish.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ninja

I\'ve decided to pass on this first season and if it goes over well then I might reapply next year. I\'m sure it will be an epic battle between many of you!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not sure if this has been said, the thread has grown quickly...

Let\'s say team XYZ trades a 4th round pick to team ABC.

I think the rule should say that team XYZ NEEDS to use his 5th round pick. because then it become much to easy to trade some picks with no plan on using them, and, simply keeping players.

Forcing teams to use a draft pick that come after the pick that has been traded force team XYZ to make room for the 5th round pick, giving the 4th round pick a real trade value.

Now, this does NOT mean team ABC needs to use that pick; if team ABC doesn\'t use it, they lose it and gave something for nothing.

Now, lets say team XYZ does trade the 4th round pick and is stuck because they need to make room for (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th rounders) players, they can always trade aways the top 3 picks in order to only draft #5.

The thing is no one wants to get themselves in this situation and have to make a pick sale.

Am I being clear?
    ---

Another comment, hopefully (I\'m not sure it is possible with Yahoo), to make trades easier (the 2for1 and the 3for1, etc.) it would be only required to have the correct amount of players (it has changed a bunch of times, not sure at what it is right now) at the END of each yearly draft.

---

What do you guys think about these 2 comments?

Dobber Sports Stud

I dont think it will matter if one guy stock piles early picks and not use his later ones, if he trades a pick for a player there is max roster sizes that will limit you to some extent.

If i dont plan on using my picks and trade them away that means i am most likely getting another body that will force me to cut someone to make room for them, and then if i improve my team too much by doing that i will be forced to cut players because of the salary hit the next year and then if i dont have any early draft picks i wont be able to do to well in that draft.

basically what i am saying s that it will all even itself out somewhere.

and about the 2 or 3 for 1 deals is the same thing, you can\'t have more than 25 guys on your roster so you will have to make due somehow, cutting players, adding in guys to the deal going the other way...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Chinny wrote:
    The other question/comment i have about the playoff seeding for future years (year 2 and on) is that i am fine with taking the top teams from each tier (6-A, 5-B, 4-C) and the Wildcard. But I don\'t think the rankings should be based on where you finished in your tier, i think they should be again compared to all 16 teams that qualify and then you get your rankings, the spot i see this really come into play is if the wildcard team happens to be better than some of the teams that made it in based on tier ranking and if i end up first i want the weakest team, and the only way to be sure of that is to rank all 16 teams against each other.
    The problem with overall ranking is that it makes the tiers irrelevant. Tier A has proven that they are superior to Tier B or C and should be rewarded as such with more playoff berths.

Even in the NHL, placing higher doesn\'t necessarily mean you\'ll face a weaker team - 3rd seed in the SouthLeast Division.

Another thing to think about is that the \"better\" team may have less playoff players! I don\'t want to get wrapped around the axles on this playoff issue. There are a dozen ways to play it and all would be fine.

No need to complicate things more than I already have!:laugh:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Crazynuck wrote:
    Exactly! That\'s essentially what I was hoping for when I started thinking about a 30 team league.

Man, we\'ve got so many knowledgeable hockey guys in this, it\'s going to be a serious challenge to excel in this thing. I think a little luck and some seriously good drafting in order to win this thing. I\'m looking forward to this big time.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket