Thread: Another reason I hate Michelle Therien

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Another reason I hate Michelle Therien

Oh, and I got you back some karma btw
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

and expect people to do the same.

I did say I expect people to speak their mind and hope they do so, I just will not always agree nor expect them to agree with me. I was using freedom of speech more towards the one user\'s disapproval of my usage of profanity then anything else. Dobs knows I have a propensity to drop bombs :laugh:

I don\'t think people have any idea how jacked up I get for Philly/Pitt. I am from Philly, attended University and lived in Pittsburgh for four years. I have lots of great friends who are Pens fans, some of my best, but when it\'s go time, it\'s go time. The greatest game I have ever been to was in Pittsburgh, 5 glorious overtimes before Primeau made a whole building shut up except for me and the few other hundred Philly fans in attendance.

See you all after the playoffs.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Sage

Thats awesome you were at that game...I remember watching the entire thing out here on the west coast...what a night! :laugh:

re: karma, i boosted you back one also, but you were at 48 when i did it, and someone must have simultaneously knocked you cuz it didnt change lol. and i know a day ago you were over 50 :laugh: oh well. ill prob be posting flyers stuff solo pretty soon here...see ya next season bud.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Pro

C\'mon Bluejays, Rusty and I have gone back and forth for a while.. He only goes over the deep end when people a) insult his Flyers with no basis to do so, or b) it involves the Pit/Phi rivalry. I only take offense when he discourages others from speaking their mind. Rusty is just getting his game face on. No need for any censorship at all.

I learned a lot from the big Downie is a goon debate. I actually watched a lot of him after that just so I would \"have a clue\" when it came up again. Rusty carried the Flyers torch there and was able to point out a whole variety of valid and informative points in his arguments.

The reality is that the Flyers have an opportunity right now to assemble a team, if they can deal with the salary cap, that WILL be able to compete with Pit year in and out for a long time. I understand that Pit gets all the glory, the breaks and the \"special treatment\", but that just makes it all the sweeter when you beat them. Philly can be a real scary team, if they and their fans, can handle being in the shadow of their rivals from Pit.

Look, as a leaf fan, no one knows this better than I. All I have to cling to is the joy of beating a team that should wipe the floor with us.

Finally if the PIT/PHI match up occurs I would be the first person to log on just to catch Rusty\'s unique point of view on the series....

...because that is what makes this site as good as it is.

True fans, true passion and a love for hockey,

and it looks like we are all ready for the playoffs.

Go Pens....LOL

Dobber Sports Pro

Chuk knows I plus him back as soon as he makes a good point, like in the last post, so he will get +1 in 12 hours or so.

I am beyond jacked and can run through a wall right now! I will be coming back after the playoffs because I don\'t know if I can take all the typing I\'ll have to do because I\'ll probably be making more enemies than friends :laugh:
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Sage

Looks like I\'ll be riding the karma-nicked train with Rusty on this one. I dont recall nicking anyones karma here, just sending one to Rusty. I think I\'m with the majority that just thinks it\'s stupid to knock someones karma without explanation...I\'m all ears. talk soon.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Pro

Dub I\'ll bump you back up before I disappear for the playoff run.

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Padawan

Chuck wrote:

Look, as a leaf fan, no one knows this better than I. All I have to cling to is the joy of beating a team that should wipe the floor with us.
    Could you be talking about the Sens outstanding record against the Leafs in the playoffs? :whistle:

I\'ll be the first to admit it, the Sens have been sad sacks against the Leafs when it comes to the playoffs, and even games in the regular season that matter. inch:

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Pro

If I was an NHL referee this would mean Pit would get less calls from me because their dingbat coach is telling me I don\'t know how to do my job.

Please see Malkin called for the dive with two minutes left in the game essentially finishing the game.

Lets go Sens!

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Pro

Rusty Pickles wrote:
    If he wants them to call the right penalties, they wouldn\'t have won the last game as Crosby would have been in the box instead of on the ice on a bs 5 on 3 that gave them the game:laugh:
    If, If, If.

If the calls hadn\'t been so skewed in the Sharks-Avs series in 2002, the Sharks would have come out of that series on top, but the refs did their best to make sure Colorado and their all-star lineup moved on. Then again, the calls were going San Jose\'s way in the previous series against the Coyotes.

There\'s lots of ifs, and lots of hypocrites, in hockey. Shit happens, unfortunetely, and sometimes the best team doesn\'t advance, so much as the luckiest team.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Sage

Any unbiased fan that watched Vancouver\'s playoff performance last season had to have been disgusted. It sure looked like refs wanted the Nucks to win the Cup based on the calls they made (@ gm place). I\'m suprised Anaheim was able to pull out the victory in round 2.

I was actually really excited that the Nucks beat Dallas in game 7 (rd 1), but my brother was really quick to point out (after about the 1st ten mins) how unbiased the calls were. It almost made it unbearable. The rest of the game was not enjoyable at all. Regardless of the favortism, Vancouver didnt win the Cup.

Bad calls happen all the time and although we got homered, Rusty isnt making excuses in the post you quote. He\'s just pointing out the inconsitencies of the game.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Star

Come on guys... let\'s not sound like a bunch of sally\'s...

Everyone can take an f-shot here and there. It\'s not like this website is rated G and one of the advertisements on the sesame street website.

If anything this just shows the love and passion that everyone has in cheering for their respective teams. If someone insults your team you stand up for it... just as if someone insulted your mother.... yeah... that\'s right, I\'m talking to YOU :silly:

Edit - Just as in the NHL where the intensity is amplified during the playoffs so does the smack/trash talk on hockey boards. Let the games begin!!
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Pro

Go play ****ing hockey and stop crying to the ****ing officials

This is the only statement I really care about, and the essence of what I was trying to drive at. Honestly, this is THE PLAYOFFS, the most physical, violent time of the year. This is not the time to whine to officials about calls. Strap em on, go out there, and win the damn game YOURSELF.

Can\'t take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

See you guys in a few weeks B)

RP

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Pro

Rusty -- come on, hang out for the playoffs, I can hardly wait for your insight into \"ALEXANDRA\'s\" diving, whining and bitching. Seriously, this could be one of the best series in the first round. I will even volunteer as a filter, so you can e-mail me your rants and I will edit it to be as non-offensive as possible.

The whining to the refs gets out of control sometimes, but I can tell you what complaining I AM waiting for:

The famous Brian Burke pre-palyoff rant that he always goes on. Remember classics such as:

“Not a soul, ... But if you\'d have said to me in Vancouver, \'You can win a Stanley Cup but you can never do an interview and you can\'t be in the parade,\' I\'d say, \'Where do I sign?\' My ego\'s a lot smaller than people think.”

\"The very fact that Al Strachan reported it, in my opinion, makes it extremely likely it has no factual basis what-so-ever. I deny it specifically and categorically. \"

\"After inviting us into the alley, you can\'t complain if you get kicked in the groin.\"

\"That\'s why Corey Perry doesn\'t get roughed up after whistles. That\'s why Ryan Getzlaf doesn\'t get punched in the head after he takes a shot at the net. We have a team that makes people accountable. That\'s never going to change as long as I\'m here.\"

\"I said a flat \'no\' both times, with a considerable amount of emphasis and profanity.\"

\"Another point. Our goaltender can be identified by the large pads and mask that he wears. He\'s also the goaltender on the ice that does not dive when he gets brushed.\"

MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE WAS THE RANT THAT INCLUDED:

\"I didn\'t know Sedin was Swedish for punch me\"

Dobber Sports Pro

I would never call Ovechkin Alexandra :laugh: I have too much respect for his game and he is one of my favorite players in the league not wearing a Flyer\'s sweater. There is not one soft part to his game and he plays hard. I like fiery players that exhibit heart and I expect quite a war between AO and Cannon (Richards). The two have fought before (see my avatar) and both definitely play a hard nosed brand of hockey to go along with the good hands. My series analysis is too much balance, depth, experience, and physicality from Philly wins the series. Yes AO has 60+ goals, Philly has 7 20+ goal scorers. I know the Caps have been on a tear to get in, I just think we got the answer (obviously)B) I do see it as a potentially 6 or 7 game series.

\"I didn\'t know Sedin was Swedish for punch me\":lol:

Priceless.

Cindy is the only one who gets a special name since he is obviously special since the league and all the fanboys will never cease to stop trying a make Cindy into the Great one, which he is a far cry from. He may have the talent level, and I know he has heart and is a competitor, but Gretzky out classes him by a mile. I think respect is earned, and he hasn\'t earned mine yet.

Use the Schwartz