Thread: All in to win....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default All in to win....

I think this is the season I have to push to win. My team is in the sig below. With our limited 8 keeper setup I see me losing a couple good players in the offseason. Right now I see my 8 keepers as Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf, Parise, Hall, Duchene and two of Ward, Luongo and Schneider... Even though I like Toews and his FOW's I think he'd give me the most return of the players I'd be willing to move. Here's two offers I have on the table for him and I'm thinking to go with offer A. Thoughts?

Offer A

I give: Toews and Tanguay
    I get: St.Louis and Backes

Offer B

I give: Toews and 4th
    I get: Oshie, Lupul (IR) and 1st
    League Champion 2006, 2007, 2008
    12 Team, 8 keeper H2H League
    Skater Stats(4C,4LW,4RW,4D): G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,FOW
    Goalie Stats(2G): W,GA,SV,SO

C: Crosby, Toews, Getzlaf, Berglund
    LW: Parise, Hall, Duchene, Tanguay
    RW: Malkin, Wheeler, C. Stewart, Stempniak
    D: Doughty, Green, Phaneuf
    G: Luongo, Schneider, Ward

PSN ID: wminogue

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bump.... need advice asap please.
    League Champion 2006, 2007, 2008
    12 Team, 8 keeper H2H League
    Skater Stats(4C,4LW,4RW,4D): G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,FOW
    Goalie Stats(2G): W,GA,SV,SO

C: Crosby, Toews, Getzlaf, Berglund
    LW: Parise, Hall, Duchene, Tanguay
    RW: Malkin, Wheeler, C. Stewart, Stempniak
    D: Doughty, Green, Phaneuf
    G: Luongo, Schneider, Ward

PSN ID: wminogue

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by wminogue1980 View Post
    I think this is the season I have to push to win. My team is in the sig below. With our limited 8 keeper setup I see me losing a couple good players in the offseason. Right now I see my 8 keepers as Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf, Parise, Hall, Duchene and two of Ward, Luongo and Schneider... Even though I like Toews and his FOW's I think he'd give me the most return of the players I'd be willing to move. Here's two offers I have on the table for him and I'm thinking to go with offer A. Thoughts?

Offer A

Offer B

If your goal is to win it this season and you think Toews is your best trading chip, I would go with offer A.

Offer B may necessitate dropping someone from your roster when Lupal returns, and I am not sure what an extra 1st round pick does in helping you win this season, unless it is trade fodder for a roster upgrade down the road.

Backes and Tanguay are about the same, but I think St. Louis gets you a little better point production than Toews moving forward. At some point TB is going to reunite St. Louis and Stamkos to try and make a push towards the playoffs. If they are going to make it, it will be these two guys pushing them over the top. Who knows, St. Louis may even end up being a keeper.

I do prefer Toews to Getzlaf, who has been heating up of late so he could garner some trade interest as well.

Best of luck either way.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by wminogue1980 View Post

Offer A

Offer B

I'm not sure I make either move. You feel like you have to make a push this year, so you are obviously contending. Forget about offer B and let it stay forgotten.

Offer A) may give you a boost in PIM and possibly, +/- while taking a hit FOW. To me, this is pretty even, could be a toss up and in my view more of a sideways deal when in puting in context to what I percieve as more of a weakness your team has.

If your league has daily line up changes, then you are fine in goal. Otherwise, you may want to address the Cory/Roberto situation.

But, if your moving Toews, I'm looking to make an upgrade on defense. Phanuef is providing nice 'cross the board stats, but that offensive production from the back end is suffering with shockingly (or not) Doughty and Green.
    For me, it may not yet be time to jump ship on DD, but I'm finished with green.
    With your roster, that definitely the upgrade I would be pushing hard to make.

You have a very good team. Good luck.