Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First over all fantasy pick

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default First over all fantasy pick

newper114 wrote:
    yeah i agree dont give up all that. and as the other posts rebuilding is a word i see alot but you all have to realize is its fantasy hockey. why rebuild for 5 yrs in the future and watch your team lose now yr after yr. to me that outlook is worthless. i look at it like rebuild some but make sure you got a good core to go yr after yr.

my keeper league we keep 5: lecav, spezza, brodeur, green, and ignlia. thats who im keeping for this yr. i know we only keep 5 so its different but they are all proven guys then i have green who is my long term guy. i will probably be looking to trade spezza and brodeur off this coming yr for younger guys. its a move where you need to make but need to make sure you have guys to play each yr. just my outlook
    I think I have that addressed with keeping guys like Briere, Staal, Roy, Smyth, and Cole at forward for the almost locked in point totals as well as a few guys I have on defence. Even though I am rebuilding, I took it on the chin this year and want to be more competetive next year. Thats where a guy like Streit comes in. 31 is not old by any stretch and again assuming he resigns with the habs should be a lock for 50 points or so. Then Iwill probably go for the best forward available, either Giroux or Brunstrom. The rest of my pciks will go towards defencemen. Stralman, Niskanen, Gilbert, Doughty, Peitrangelo, (Franson maybe) and guys like that, preferably guys with at least one year under their belt.

Beleive me, there is no way I\'m going into constant rebuilding mode, as an example I was able to trade at our deadline Kovalev, Knuble, Spacek, Legwand and Ohlund for a package that included Briere, Pitkanen, Smyth among others. Older producing guys for youngish guys having off years.

The way I figure it, if some of the young studs take a step back next year and I am at the bottom of the pool, at the very least, I will have some very nice oportunities to trade again (without taking a step back). In this league a 60 point defenceman is absolutlely huge when 6 dmen count and could fetch a kings ransom (I got Staal and Hemsky and a 1st that turned into Stamkos for Souray and Plecanek and a 3rd rounder in the off season last year)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Doing some quick research I forgot to mmention a couple of guys that are available to be drafted this year... Matthias, Okposo, and Sanguinetti. Does that change the draft order for anyone???

Dobber Sports Guru

Okposo would maybe sneak in there, but not as a first rounder for you. I really like the Streit, Giroux/Brunnstrom, Doughty, Niskanen/Gilbert order.

After that, Okposo and Matthias might be good picks, or you could keep hammering away at your defence.

Does anyone have an idea on how close Sanguinetti is to the show?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Just wanted to bring this one back up to the forefront considering my draft is tomorrow. Any ideas???