Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Quebec plans to build a new arena

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Quebec plans to build a new arena

Yessir, at the Colisee de Québec where great events such as Rendez Vous 87 took place. Cool. I\'ll be there too Repent, first six games. Should be a lot of fun- pretty lucky, first row tickets B)
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Haven\'t we learned from Hamilton that building the stadium first is no guarantee of an NHL team?

Besides, there will never be another team in Canada while Bettman is in charge. NEVER.

I do get a good kick out of comments that Toronto is the most \'American\' city in Canada. That\'s laughable. The most American region in Canada is Alberta, by a long shot....

Dobber Sports Initiate

narduch wrote:
    Besides, there will never be another team in Canada while Bettman is in charge. NEVER.

Absoloutely right! As long as the NHL bosses think they can conert millions of Americans from the other big 3 sports, they\'ll never put a team in a gauranteed spot like ANY big city in Canada.
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Pro

For me my \"issue\" was mostly a snotty attitude from people if you didn\'t speak French. It is still a beautiful city and worth the visit. It seemed to me they like looking down at people or had a sense of entitlement or something, and that is not my thing. If they are that obsessed with France they should move back :laugh: Montreal was much more \"american friendly\" so to speak imho. Montreal rocks. How hard are Habs tickets to come by? Is getting a hockey ticket in Canada impossible unless you have season tickets or know someone? Even for say early season bs games? I always visited Canada in the summertime, except a few runs to Niagra Falls during college in the winter, but I would like to try and go to see some games up north sometime to see the difference and the game in it\'s natural setting so to speak.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Ninja

narduch wrote:
    I do get a good kick out of comments that Toronto is the most \'American\' city in Canada. That\'s laughable. The most American region in Canada is Alberta, by a long shot....
    narduch - I\'m from Alberta and I don\'t understand what you mean in your statement I quoted. Just curious.

RP - I think you will be mildly disappointed in seeing a game in Canada. The fans don\'t cheer wildly the entire game like in some U.S. cities.

It could be that many Canadian hockey fans are actual students of the game vice \"fan-atical\". I personally HATE it when the scoreboard tells me to cheer, I\'ll cheer when my team does something to warrant a cheer and not a second before!

I also hate it when home team fans boo their own players. How stupid is that. Nothing like kicking a guy when he\'s down. Ya gotta believe that they are at least trying.

My favourite is Toronto fans mercilessly (is there any other kind?) booing Larry Murphy and then he ends up winning two Stanley Cups with Detroit afterwards.

It can be very hard to buy hockey tickets in most Canadian cities, but I think they can still be had, even in Toronto.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

RP - I think you will be mildly disappointed in seeing a game in Canada. The fans don\'t cheer wildly the entire game like in some U.S. cities.
    Buzzkill!:silly:

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I\'ll stay with my fellow maniacs in Philly. Since we moved to the new building most of the true fans have been priced up to the rafters and the people by the glass are not always on point with when they should be on their feet pounding the glass!!! It was loud as **** last night.
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Ninja

I should have prefaced that with \"in the regular season\". Come the playoffs, Canadian joints are rockin\'!

Seeing a game in Toronto or Montreal should be on every hockey fans to do list. I was lucky enough to see a game at the Boston Gardens the season before it closed.

I will have to make a trip down to New York to see the Rangers in MSG. I\'d love to take in a game in Philly and Chicago as well.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Anyone visiting Philly for any pro sporting event may I suggest you order some Chickie n Petes Crabby Fries. They\'re pretty damn delicious and come with a white cheese sauce that is truly sublime. They\'re a big part of why Chickies was named the best sports bar on the east coast That and the towers of beer........

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The Comish wrote:
    narduch wrote:
    narduch - I\'m from Alberta and I don\'t understand what you mean in your statement I quoted. Just curious.
    I was born in Alberta and visit ever few years. But I don\'t even need to visit Alberta to know its true. Alberta is essentially the Texas of the north. Both politically and socially Alberta is more American than any other place in Canada. That\'s why I laugh at people who think Toronto wants to be an American city. That couldn\'t be further from the truth.

If anything, there is a big anti-American sentiment here. As opposed to Albertans who are in love with the US.

Dobber Sports Expert

Rusty Pickles wrote:
    How hard are Habs tickets to come by? Is getting a hockey ticket in Canada impossible unless you have season tickets or know someone? Even for say early season bs games? I always
    it\'s very easy to pick up tickets on ebay for pretty much any habs game

Dobber Sports Expert

The Comish wrote:

It could be that many Canadian hockey fans are actual students of the game vice \"fan-atical\". I personally HATE it when the scoreboard tells me to cheer, I\'ll cheer when my team does something to warrant a cheer and not a second before!

I also hate it when home team fans boo their own players. How stupid is that. Nothing like kicking a guy when he\'s down. Ya gotta believe that they are at least trying.
    of the 5 NHL buildings I have been in, Montreal has been by far the loudest. It is just non-stop cheering the entire game. And yes, they boo their own players, and other players, every time a certain player touches the puck. They also chant a LOT. I brought my gf, who is American, to a few habs games and then to a few Bruins and Senators games to see the difference and she was shocked. A hockey game in Montreal is a unique experience. Especially when you are cheering for the Hurricanes and wearing a Whalers jersey, like me