Thread: Richards for Cammalleri?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Richards for Cammalleri?

Would you trade Brad Richards for Mike Cammalleri?

Keeper league, straight points.

Post edited by: GoJetsGo, at: 2007/07/05 23:47

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Richards for Cammalleri?

cammalleri will be a stud next year! thrust me on that one nina!(jack bauer)He was last year....but he will be a real STUD!

Dobber Sports Stud

I\'d keep Cammalleri. He\'ll most likely outpace Richards from here on out.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Genius

i\'m a gambler , i traded a 1st for richards and a 5th , not disagreeing but hoping my gamble pays off!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Sophomore

You seem to like Cammalleri...

What about Cammalleri or Stasny, regular keeper league.

I\'ll take Stasny, what about you??

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Rebbod wrote:
    You seem to like Cammalleri...

What about Cammalleri or Stasny, regular keeper league.

I\'ll take Stasny, what about you??
    tough one!!both are good choice! I\'m just hope that stasny won\'t be affect by the sophomore jinx!

Dobber Sports Stud

I like all 3 of these guys. I don\'t see much separation between Richards and Cammalleri. Cammalleri might be the better choice considering that he will be staying in L.A. and his role is only going to get bigger. His points will be going up. With Richards it is a bit of a gamble in that there has been much talk about him getting traded. Now that could work out really well for him depending on where he got traded to. (please be Chicago).

In comparing Stastny and Cammalleri, I would prefer to own Stastny. He produced 78 points (28g,50a) in 82 games while Cammalleri produced 80 points (34g,46a) in 81 games. Bottomline being that Stastny pretty much matched Cammalleri on points however Stastny is 4 years younger and it was his rookie season.

I would love to own that guy.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Update:

He has decided to hold on to Cammalleri and see what happens with his contract in LA. Apparently he has been approached by two others looking to get Cammalleri and Frolov from him.

It looks like he is intrigued by the Richards offer, so we may resume talks once he is signed or goes to arbitration, which ever comes first.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I\'m not so sure i would throw away richards so fast.It\'s not like age is a factor,there is only two years difference.seems like alot of people are jumping on cammalleri\"s band wagon after one good year.I\'m not saying he\'s not going to be good,but why not see if he can back up last season\'s performance.Richards is good for at least 70pts guaranteed,probaly better.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Richards ranks higher on Dobber\'s list but I like the fact that Cam has played all 3 forward positions last year. The ability to move a player around in my league is critical. It looks like Lecavalier & St. Louis played a bunch together leaving Richards with some weak line mates. Cam had and will have some better talent on his line.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'m not down on Richards at all. That\'s why I traded for him towards the end of last season.

In Tampa, they struggle to find wingers for him because they have so little cap space. Hopefully he can get going with former QMJHL teammate Michel Ouellet.

I already have Jack Johnson, O\'Sullivan and Brown. I don\'t have any other ties in Tampa, so I tabled the offer for Cammalleri.

The way are league works, each player has a contract. When the contract is up, we need to re-sign the players. Both Richards and Cammalleri are RFAs. We do the contracts in an auction style. If you decide to let another team sign your RFA, you receive 70% of the contract value in compensation.

Part of my thinking was that I would be able to re-sign Cammalleri for less than Richards will cost.

Dobber Sports Icon

GoJetsGo wrote:
    I\'m not down on Richards at all. That\'s why I traded for him towards the end of last season.

In Tampa, they struggle to find wingers for him because they have so little cap space. Hopefully he can get going with former QMJHL teammate Michel Ouellet.

I already have Jack Johnson, O\'Sullivan and Brown. I don\'t have any other ties in Tampa, so I tabled the offer for Cammalleri.

The way are league works, each player has a contract. When the contract is up, we need to re-sign the players. Both Richards and Cammalleri are RFAs. We do the contracts in an auction style. If you decide to let another team sign your RFA, you receive 70% of the contract value in compensation.

Part of my thinking was that I would be able to re-sign Cammalleri for less than Richards will cost.
    Interesting league. I\'d go for Camm over Richards any day right now... Richards has no one to play with and unless he gets traded or gets a winger, his production will be limited... For Camm though, the sky is the limit right now...

Barring some sort of weird rule or system in your fantasy league, I\'d go with Camm all the way on this one.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If he does decide to move Cammalleri, he gave me the impression that my offer appears to be the best. I think because I am not asking for Camm and Frolov.

Of the other two teams that have made offers, one has lots of money to through around and the other has some solid prospects and defense that he can spare.

My ace in the hole is Mueller. I know he wanted him when I picked him up. Not that I would give Mueller and Richards for Cammalleri, but we might be able to re-work the deal if he decides to move him.

If not, I can always try to sign Camm and pay the compensation, but that can get expensive too.