Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV Series NO SPOILERS)

Dobber Sports Stud

"You ask that? You, who killed your mother to come into this world? You are an ill-made, devious, disobedient, spiteful little creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning. Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine. To teach me humility, the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father's sigil and his father's before him. But neither gods nor men shall ever compel me to let you turn Casterly Rock into your whorehouse."
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    "You ask that? You, who killed your mother to come into this world? You are an ill-made, devious, disobedient, spiteful little creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning. Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine. To teach me humility, the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father's sigil and his father's before him. But neither gods nor men shall ever compel me to let you turn Casterly Rock into your whorehouse."
    Pretty frigging mean

Dobber Sports Immortal

New character week on Game of Thrones!! Holy crap....

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    New character week on Game of Thrones!! Holy crap....
    Fantastic episode this week. When the closing credits rolled, I was stunned that an hour had gone by, which to me, is one of the marks of great television.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Stud

A lot of new characters introduced. It was indeed another great episode.

The brother and sister that met Bran and his group-- I guess they're from a house Reed. They seem to be most interesting of the new characters especially since we're beginning to learn more about Bran's abilities. Anyone else tell how much older the actor who plays Bran got?

I'm not sure who the group was that found Arya and eventually The Hound... but they were new.

At the end, another new group came along. I'm not sure if they're important though, but they held banners I've yet to see. Did I miss anyone?
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yeah, he laid into his little arrogant @ss with that one. Lol
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Immortal

The brother and sister that met Bran and his group-- I guess they're from a house Reed. They seem to be most interesting of the new characters especially since we're beginning to learn more about Bran's abilities. Anyone else tell how much older the actor who plays Bran got?

I'm not sure who the group was that found Arya and eventually The Hound... but they were new.

At the end, another new group came along. I'm not sure if they're important though, but they held banners I've yet to see. Did I miss anyone?
    Let me try and help out here.....

Bran's new friends - Jojen and Meera Reed are from a family that was within the Stark's realm/territory. They were introduced MUCH earlier in the books but glad they held off with them in the show and let Bran's story last season deal with Theon and Winterfell.

Arya's new friend - Thoros and the Brotherhood without Banners. Not sure if you recall but remember in Harrenhal last season when they were torturing people with that little "rat in the chest" contraption, they were asking "Where is the Brotherhood?" The are basically a ragtag group of outlaws who have no real allegiance anymore. Looking forward to seeing them this season.

I'll wait to see just exactly who that last group of guys actually is.....but you've definitely seen that banner before and they have mentioned it multiple times

Dobber Sports Immortal

And just to add to that....HBO released a 9 minute video today profiling all of the new characters introduced! Just a warning....there are 3 that haven't been introduced yet but two of them are relatives of Cat and they've obviously made it clear that they're going to see where she is from so that is expected.

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/04/ne...racters-video/

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Let me try and help out here.....

Bran's new friends - Jojen and Meera Reed are from a family that was within the Stark's realm/territory. They were introduced MUCH earlier in the books but glad they held off with them in the show and let Bran's story last season deal with Theon and Winterfell.

Arya's new friend - Thoros and the Brotherhood without Banners. Not sure if you recall but remember in Harrenhal last season when they were torturing people with that little "rat in the chest" contraption, they were asking "Where is the Brotherhood?" The are basically a ragtag group of outlaws who have no real allegiance anymore. Looking forward to seeing them this season.

I'll wait to see just exactly who that last group of guys actually is.....but you've definitely seen that banner before and they have mentioned it multiple times
    Thanks for the explanation on the new characters.

I do indeed remember that part at Harrenhal last season, but would have never remembered them mentioning "The Brotherhood" because they weren't introduced yet. Now I can connect the two.

As for the last group, I can't recall the banner and haven't re-watched the ep yet. If they were introduced, I probably seen them already. Did the old man that spotted Jamie say he was going to River Run? If so, those would be Tully people at the end, right?
    Go Jets Go

Administrator

Both Arya and Bran are painfully older despite their characters having aged only like a day in the on-screen world. It just sucks that they are at that age where they grow like weeds.

It surely won't change anything for the actors playing Arya and Bran but I wonder if the younger sibling won't change actors multiple times over like Bobby Draper on Mad Men. And please don't tell me the younger brother's name. I enjoy not knowing it and having him exist as the nameless/useless black sheep Stark despite there being two actual black sheep in the family in Jon Snow and Theon Greyjoy. It's just entertaining for me. I love asking, "what's the other Stark boy up to?" when Bran is having some adventure or another.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Both Arya and Bran are painfully older despite their characters having aged only like a day in the on-screen world. It just sucks that they are at that age where they grow like weeds.

It surely won't change anything for the actors playing Arya and Bran but I wonder if the younger sibling won't change actors multiple times over like Bobby Draper on Mad Men. And please don't tell me the younger brother's name. I enjoy not knowing it and having him exist as the nameless/useless black sheep Stark despite there being two actual black sheep in the family in Jon Snow and Theon Greyjoy. It's just entertaining for me. I love asking, "what's the other Stark boy up to?" when Bran is having some adventure or another.
    Lol. I didn't know his name until season 2. I always referred to him as the youngest Stark.

I didn't notice Arya aging that much. I'll have to keep an eye on that when I re-watch on Saturday. She's one of my favorite characters. Regardless of aging, all the kid actors in this show are great. Usually kid actors annoy me in shows such as Carl in TWD and Sally in Mad Men. They're all great in Game of Thrones though.
    Go Jets Go

Administrator

Lol. I didn't know his name until season 2. I always referred to him as the youngest Stark.

I didn't notice Arya aging that much. I'll have to keep an eye on that when I re-watch on Saturday. She's one of my favorite characters. Regardless of aging, all the kid actors in this show are great. Usually kid actors annoy me in shows such as Carl in TWD and Sally in Mad Men. They're all great in Game of Thrones though.
    Casting children is extremely difficult because there's just no way of knowing how they will progress but I have to say Thrones has knocked it out of the park with Bran and Arya.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Casting children is extremely difficult because there's just no way of knowing how they will progress but I have to say Thrones has knocked it out of the park with Bran and Arya.
    Agreed. Even the young kids that are only in a few episodes are really good. Jon Arryn's son was hilarious in those couple of episodes he was in. I wonder what he was thinking when he read that script?

Even the teen actors are awesome (in some shows, yes, the teen acting is horribly bad)... but Joffrey, Sansa, and probably others I can't think of right now, are all great.
    Go Jets Go

Administrator

Agreed. Even the young kids that are only in a few episodes are really good. Jon Arryn's son was hilarious in those couple of episodes he was in. I wonder what he was thinking when he read that script?

Even the teen actors are awesome (in some shows, yes, the teen acting is horribly bad)... but Joffrey, Sansa, and probably others I can't think of right now, are all great.
    Yeah, props to Joffrey. He might be the most hated guy on television. Quite the feat for an actor his age. Although I do wonder if this performance doesn't doom his future career.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I tried to find some that don't say his actual name...just to not ruin it for you.

This is obviously referring to last season's twist....