Thread: Nolan Schaefer

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Nolan Schaefer

This from http://www.spectorshockey.net/rumors.html. “Wild sign Nolan Schaefer.”

If it is true does this affect Josh Harding? I thought Schaefer was NHL ready.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:Nolan Schaefer

This is a confermed Signing...

Nolan is your Backup plan / depth goalie...

Harding has the job to be groomed as the starter in 2-3 years... Nolan Scheafer is a NHL ready goalie... I kinda feel bad for the guy but he brought this one on himself... He\'s gonna start in Houston ahead of Miroslav Korpovia or just sit around with the Wild a la Joey MacDonald... If Harding stubles in comes Nolan...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:Nolan Schaefer

I thought with this signing that Harding would be put back in the AHL for 1 more year to get many games play to be ready and have Schaefer play backup. The next season, Scheafer would lose the backup spot and play in the AHL and Harding would come up. Harding would have 1-2 years until starting.

Did Nolan do something to affect his NHL playing time?

Post edited by: GoHabsGo, at: 2007/07/04 07:26