Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Teams to build on : Oilers?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Teams to build on : Oilers?

Nuck, PICK UP BOOTH

Kid is LEGIT and exciting to watch.
    6Team/Points Only H2H Keep: 37+3goalies Start: 13F/6D/2G
    FWD = G(2), A(1), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    DEF = G(3), A(2), PP/SH(+1), GW(+2), SHOG(1)
    GOAL = W(3), OTL(1), SO(+2), SV(.10)

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul
    G: Lundqvist Lehtonen Schneider

Dobber Sports Sage

tiantonio wrote:
    Plus the division is pretty mediocre
    lol...mediocre is being nice. it\'s the worst division in the league. and yet somehow, its produced 2 of the last 3 stanley cups! i cant remember the last time two teams from this division made the playoffs. with the way washington bulked up though at the deadline and the way the flyers are tanking, it might happen this year :unsure: i really hope not...
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Master

tiantonio wrote:
    Nuck, PICK UP BOOTH

Kid is LEGIT and exciting to watch.
    Fla is one of my fav teams to watch along with the likes of clb, pit and was. yes I said it clb. They are one fun team to watch despite everyone saying there are in a hitcock system.

if you ever watch Fla its great to see booth with the puck. The fan go crazy over this kid. BOOOOOOTTTHHHHH!!!
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Pro

Fans love him. Coaches love him. He is getting Top 2 Minutes and has responded. His +14 is STELLAR for a young kid. Not like he is really from out of left field either. Second Round pick. But US kid 2nd round pick is still a long way from being a Canadian kid or Euro. US hockey has made some first round noise but the 2nd rounders still are kinda overlooked.

Matt Carle, O\'Sullivan and Jimmy Howard in 2003
    Booth from 2004
    Stastny from 2005

All US Hockey second rounders with more to come I am sure.

FOR: Malkin Ovechkin Kessel Stepan Gaborik Zetterberg Carter Vanek Pacioretty Duchene Skinner Lupul Hornqvist Perron Semin Okposo Byfuglien Granlund Bennett Strome Bjugstad Nichushkin Yakupov Galchenyuk Grigorenko Kuznetsov Kucherov Etem Burakovsky
    D: Letang Goligoski Kronwall Voynov JustinSchultz Hedman RyanMurphy AdamLarsson Pulock Sproul

Dobber Sports Pro

The division seems to specialize in catching LIGHTNING in the Bottle. I hope Florida can sneak in and make some noise or even Washington because it would be GREAT to have AO go deep in the playoffs but Carolina got off to such a good start that eveyone is looking up and I dont see them making noise this year. Atlanta and the Bolts STINK.

Dobber Sports Master

washington will be the team to beat next year.
    I see fla making a push to compete with carolina for second.
    the bolts and thrashers can collect top 5 picks once again.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Guru

you guys aren\'t really serious in saying that florida is exciting to watch, are you?

the games i\'ve seen, i rank them and boston as the two most boring teams in the league this year. lemaire = ugly hockey.

i love booth as well. he really stands out as a rookie on that team. and horton is decent and could be a star. frolik has a nice skillset as well. but those other guys? forgive me for not selling the farm for weiss, olesz, and kreps... i\'ll pass.

Dobber Sports Master

yeah it weird but i find their games exciting. i guess them giving up tons of shots adds to the suspense.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Pro

weiss, olesz, and kreps dont dazzle but you can tell that they are GOOD hockey players. How could a team that gives up as many shots as Florida NOT BE EXCITING. They have a HUGE mobile defenseman that is just at the age when bust outs happen. Horton Booth and Weiss has been a GREAT line now that Weiss is healthy. If you dont like watchin Horton play you are just a hater. He is everything Hockey. Jokinen is just a beast that loves to skate, pass, and SHOOT. Murphy should be the PPQB but has been up and down this year. He took the Rafalski route to the NHL so we will see if he can stick. Vokoun can be a MONSTER in net. They just BLEW THROUGH SEVEN WINS IN A ROW. Ony gave up NINE GOALS TOTAL in those SEVEN WINS.

Some people cant be convinced what to watch.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Someone mentioned CBJ earlier and I wanted to add my 2c about them...

I personally see their team as potentially incredible in terms of offensive talent/results in the not too distant future (read: within 5 years).

Hitch\' is an excellent coach for the stage that they are in right now and they most definitely needed a coach like him to focus, to play a fuller game of hockey, to stand tall when they lose, and to see that they can compete with the other monster teams in their conference.

I feel that he will be gone though in less than 5 years time, and the result will be overwhelmingly positive in terms of scoreboard results (read: fantasy results as well), and their overall hockey game will still reflect what he taught many of their current youth now. That being said - he\'s great for the stage that they\'re in now, and when the time comes their kids will have matured enough to really light it up and still rush back to help out their D and/or goalie enough to be in regular playoff contention.

Regular playoff contention would be a miracle for this team, and that miracle isn\'t that far away. I\'m not awarding them the cup, i\'m not giving away Hart trophies here, and i\'m not saying that they\'re \"there\" already... I do feel though that they\'re closer than Edmonton is to bigger results from their guys. Edmonton seems like a team that will gell better, CBJ\'s seem like a team with more superstar talents to carry them in the future.

Two different styles of winning.

I will gladly be patient with CBJ\'s kids, (similar to the Yotes this season after a few months in)... but taking a bit longer.

- -
    Stats: G A PPP SHP PIM +/- GWG FW (goalie W GAA SV% SHO)
    12Team - H2H - WEEKLY changes -
    *keeper - Hybrid 1yr/Keeper league

Dobber Sports Guru

good points recordstyle, well said.

tiantonio and crazy... you guys sound like you\'re describing the flames of a few years ago that basically let kipper carry them. lots of people said they were boring to watch (especially if they lived on the left coast) but i always said that those third period barrages were nerveracking, at the least. so OK, i will concede this point about the panthers being exciting.

fantasy wise, however, i\'m not gonna have any panthers on my team. bouwmeester and allen are pretty awesome, but they\'re a shutdown pairing. i will believe in murphy when he shows it. right now i don\'t think he\'s got the jam to stick in this league.

Dobber Sports Master

agree with both statements about Fla and Cbj.

both teams have a bright future. (not immediate)
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Stud

St. Louis is an interesting team to look at, but you\'ll be waiting around at least five years to reap the rewards of your foresight!

Columbus is probably next in line after LA/Chicago/Phoenix but, again, I think you\'ll have to wait 3-5 years before owning more than 2 or 3 Blue Jackets really pays off.

LA players may be getting more expensive, but I would still stick to targeting Chicago and Phoenix players... they should still come cheaply enough to build around.
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Pro

I love Booth, great power forward prospect.

Weiss is nice and does me well in my league, good in the face off circle. That said he won\'t be on my list of keepers.:laugh:
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.