Thread: Jon Matsumoto and Dan Taylor

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Jon Matsumoto and Dan Taylor

I was looking into these 2 guys. is there any chance of them making the big show? The look pretty decent, and maybe with a little work they will be in the NHL next season or the following season. Looking at them as dark horses.

(jon plays for philadelphia and dan for kings ahl affiliates.)
    16 Team Keeper League - H2H: 4 keepers
    Forward Categories - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HITS
    Goalie Categories - W, GA, GAA, SV, SO

Keepers

Crosby
    Kessel
    Vorachek
    T. Rask

Drafted 2015/16
    Eichel, Backes, Hudler, Schwartz, Markov, D. Hamilton, Garrison, Klingberg, Zuccarello, Hartnell, M. Johansen, Bobrovski

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Jon Matsumoto and Dan Taylor

Matsumoto is pretty sick. I went to BGSU with him and the guy can skate. Problem is he is part of Philadelphia\'s talent pool, and they are rich with talent. He started the AHL season out red hot and was in the top 10 in scoring, but then faded a bit. If he does see time next year it will be less than 20 games all season. I\'d say 5-10 games at most. He still needs time to develop, but he has adjusted nicely with each jump in leagues that he has made. If he gets a legitimate shot (50+ games), then he will probably prove he deserves to be there.

He\'s a great prospect, but unfortunately he is a center in the Flyers org. With Briere, Carter, Richards, Umberger, Potulny all able to play center...it\'s going to be tough for him to get anything more than 4th line time if he can even get that. Look for him to stay in the AHL at least a year or two longer unless he gets traded. However, definitely worth keeping an eye on....
    @tlucarelli on twitter