Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 49 89 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1570

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Administrator

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Oppenheimer was solid, but nothing spectacular in my mind. I was also pretty familiar with most of the story and the players on the science side so there was no big revelations for me. I have to hand it to Christopher Nolan for finding a way to make this an enjoyable watch when we all know the climax to the story.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    This was my movie weekend lol.

On Saturday I saw Barbie. It's 100% the funniest movie I've seen in a long time, and was the best movie I've watched all year (and likely best in a long time). It's 100% worth everyone's money and time. It's completely self aware, and does a great job making fun of itself. 100% everyone should watch it.

On Sunday I saw Oppenheimer. What a pure Oscar winning movie. It's a legit Oscar movie which I can admit isn't for everyone. But, if you are someone who can sit through a very good movie for 3hrs and process everything for 3hrs, you'll come out of it enjoying it. I loved Oppenheimer, my fiance not so much. She liked it, but doesn't enjoy acting, cinematography, or sound design as a focal point of movies like others. She also isn't a big history nerd like I am, so she didn't get the whole scope of what happened in the moment until she was asking questions after. I also do think they didn't do a good job laying out who was who. But if they did the movie would have been 4hrs long. Like it's all white, male scientists. It can get muddled with "who is who".

Barbie everyone will have a good time. Oppenheimer needs knowledge of Dr. Oppenheimer life to follow and get the full experience. If you like movies though, you should see both as they will both be racking up Oscars next yr.
    Totally agree. Definitely a great movie, but yes, it was hard to follow 'who was who' at times. Also, I think i'm getting too old for 3 hr movies. I found myself nodding off a few times in the last 40 minutes or so. Should clean up at the Oscars.

Dobber Sports Sage

If you guys liked Oppenheimer, check out this Dan Carlin podcast https://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-h...yer-of-worlds/

It is spectacular if you like history. The topic is nuclear weapons in the 20th century primarily focusing on the Manhattan Project, the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis. It's nearly 6 hours so Oppenheimer is just a part of the discussion. The discussion on the Cuban Missile Crisis is the best part of the podcast IMO and highlights how masterful JFK was during the incident. It's one of my favorite Carlin podcasts and I usually listen to it once a year. I'm looking forward to seeing Oppenheimer next week. I might have to see Barbie first though.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Finally watched Avatar 2. It was just ok for me.

I don't understand why Kate Winslet had to hold her breath for 7 minutes or whatever. Her character was barely in the movie.

Dobber Sports Deity

Watched John Wick 4 the other day. Really good movie. I wont spoil the ending but I have a feeling it's not as it seems.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Finally watched Avatar 2. It was just ok for me.

I don't understand why Kate Winslet had to hold her breath for 7 minutes or whatever. Her character was barely in the movie.
    She did it just to break the record, I think she said her personal record was 6min and she figured she could push herself longer. She also inhaled a mixture of 50% oxygen/50% nitrogen which is like 30% higher than normal air.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

I watched BlackBerry last night and thought it was really good. I had forgotten that Jim Balsille had bought Copps Coliseum trying to bring the Penguins there back in 2006. The NHL wasn't having it. Solid 8/10

Dobber Sports Jedi

Nobody.
    with Bob Odenkirk (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul - Saul Goodman)

He is the action star you didn't know you wanted or needed.
    Thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

It was well done, even though the last hour is a full cliched action movie
    8.5/10 for fun
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

Finished Creed III last night. Mildly entertaining but a far reach from the originals. 6/10

^ Yup, Nobody was a good flick!
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Watched John Wick 4 the other day. Really good movie. I wont spoil the ending but I have a feeling it's not as it seems.
    Just watched this today too.

Going to watch Nobody since people here said it was good.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Ninja

Last movie I watched was a weird little 2010 movie called Monsters about a couple people who need to work their way across a section of North America that has been infested with aliens/monsters. It's not exactly an excellent movie. Sort of slow, but has its moments. I enjoyed the "people" shots and some of the tone. Not really one I would suggest unless you like to watch sci-fi films quite a bit.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^I've watched this with the wife and liked it. It's got that sort of "big open space" scary-ness to it.
    For some reason I remember the scene around the gas station - pictured myself in same situation - and felt the big feels. It was cool.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, it definitely wouldn't appeal to everyone though - the pacing is not typical.

Dobber Sports Jedi

been around for a couple years now... but just saw 'White Boy Rick' on Netflix.
    Matthew McConaughey is one hell of a diverse actor.
    This was so well done.
    9.5/10.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have never even heard of that movie. Amazing how much stuff comes out.