Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 42 82 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1570

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Yeah, I didn't think it was as good as it was hyped up to be. All that star power and the not-so-subtle hits at politics, politicians and the like, but for the most part, it fell flat.
    It coulda been am hour long show.

Dobber Sports Stud

Inventing Anna was the same way.. could have been an hour long.. 5/10

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Master

Ok lads, I need some recommendations. Looking for a movie that is suitable for me and the wife, plus my 15 year old and 12 year old. 12 is picky af and will only watch things that have a flashy cover/trailer that grabs his attention quickly. Me and the missus dont want to be bored out of our skulls, but we do want the 12 year old to hang out with us instead of playing fortnite. Got anything?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Ok lads, I need some recommendations. Looking for a movie that is suitable for me and the wife, plus my 15 year old and 12 year old. 12 is picky af and will only watch things that have a flashy cover/trailer that grabs his attention quickly. Me and the missus dont want to be bored out of our skulls, but we do want the 12 year old to hang out with us instead of playing fortnite. Got anything?
    What kings of movies is your 12 year old usually into? If you guys can all handle some Sci-Fi what about Ender's Game?

I was just thinking if he is into Fortnite... he might like Ender's Game.

And if you you guys read the book in school (like we had to in Sasky) it might be interesting for you as well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Master

Nice one man! That one is definitely on the table. Might have watched it when it came out. However, if I did, I dont remember anything about it. Keen to hear more. Im thinking that movies from that time (2013ish) might be good because they kids would have been too young to watch things like that.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Get yourself a fortnite account. Its pretty fun playing with the kids. Even the wife joins in here.

Dobber Sports Master

Lolz. My kid would kick my ass. My wife would never play. I would not be surprised if she goes the rest of her life without playing another video game. I play games, but Im into different things. Playing Mist:Survival right now.

Dobber Sports Master

So I went for an older movie. I literally googled PG-13 2004, then 2005, etc. Looked at a decade of movies. Ended up with about 12 which was whittled down to "I Am Number One'. I've seen it before, but that was 11 years since and I hardly remembered anything! haha I rode life pretty hard and this is one of the only benefits. It was a great movie for my family. Everyone enjoyed it, even the picky af 12 year old. Ender Game might be next. I dont think anyone has seen it yet.

Dobber Sports Expert

Nightmare Alley - really liked it. Guillermo del Toro has great style always and probably a perfect cast. Cate Blanchett is the perfect modern day femme fatale

5cream - really surprised how much I liked the new Scream. Easily the 2nd best of them all. I've got a soft spot for the franchise though and I'll let it get away with being annoyingly meta since the Scream movies have always been movies about movies.

The Kingsman - this was a lot of fun with some great set-pieces, huge improvement from the sequel. Too bad this franchise is probably dead.

The Adam Project - Netflix' new Ryan Reynolds time travel movie. It's fun, like 90 minutes, and a Ryan Reynolds movie.

Turning Red - watching it with my kids right now. My kids are liking it more than most of the recent Pixar movies, Luca excepted, it does a good job bridging the cap between being a kids movie and appealing to parents that Soul, Coco, and Inside Out didn't quite land.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Batman is out on Crave today. You're welcome.

Dobber Sports Titan

Fantastic Beasts Secrets of Dumbledore:
    Terrible. Mailed in on the writing again and JKRowling has no idea how to write for a movie. It was a legit waste of money and time watching it. They signed on for 5 movies, and clearly don't have enough ideas to fill it so they've made the last 2 movies complete filler and put 1 kinda twist at the end. The last movies twist didn't even really influence this movie. They recast Johnny Depp without explanation in the movie and it really separated this movie from the last. They totally lost me from paying to see the next movies.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Fantastic Beasts Secrets of Dumbledore:
    Terrible. Mailed in on the writing again and JKRowling has no idea how to write for a movie. It was a legit waste of money and time watching it. They signed on for 5 movies, and clearly don't have enough ideas to fill it so they've made the last 2 movies complete filler and put 1 kinda twist at the end. The last movies twist didn't even really influence this movie. They recast Johnny Depp without explanation in the movie and it really separated this movie from the last. They totally lost me from paying to see the next movies.
    That's disappointing. I'm a huge fan of the HP series and had high hopes for this one. I agree the Fantastic Beasts series has not lived up to the standards of HP. Oh well I'll watch it anyway.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    That's disappointing. I'm a huge fan of the HP series and had high hopes for this one. I agree the Fantastic Beasts series has not lived up to the standards of HP. Oh well I'll watch it anyway.
    I loved HP, but I will say a lot of the stuff in the movies are well done for movies, if you know the books. It's well transitioned. The Fantastic Beasts series is clearly written by an author and not a writer. There's so much exposition in the movies that is clearly stuff JKR would typically have in a book to paint a picture in your mind.

What's good with it:
    - Acting was pretty solid. They did a pretty solid job
    - Cinematography was solid. Visually it did it's job
    - Audio, it was very good. I was in IMAX and it was pretty good

What was bad:
    - Storyline. It was literally terrible lol. It clouded the above experience while I was watching it.
    - Recasting of Johnny Depp. It pulled me so far out of the experience that it again took away from the movie
    - JK Rowlings hands were all over this movie. One of the main actors from the previous 2 movies just isn't in it. She has said it's because of having a child in 2019, then scheduling conflicts once they unpaused for COVID. But she was incredibly outspoken against JKR after the transphobia comments she made. Rumour is JKR wrote her out on purpose
    - This last one is a kinda spoiler for the series, but not really the new movie. Highlight to see: Dumbledore/Grindewald are supposed to have been in love, they wrote 1 line about it. Obviously so it can be cut out for the China market. I have nothing really wrong with this outside of it's supposed to be the motivation for things in this storyline, and removing it essentially from all but 1 scene is bad writing.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Batman is out on Crave today. You're welcome.
    I saw this earlier and thought, “I don’t want to pay the $25 to rent a new release movie on crave.” But you meant it’s there for free!!! Thanks, next time I’m on desktop I owe you some rep!

Dobber Sports Star

Watched Jackass Forever. Jackass has been a guilty pleasure of mine over the years. Knoxville is crazy. They have definitely lost some of the creativity and it is just not like it was 10 years ago. Also, every time they pass something off as catching someone unaware, I am skeptical that it is scripted. There was a few bright spots, but for sure the weakest of all the Jackass movies.

4 out of 10 for me.

Rylant