Page 84 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34 74 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1570

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

The Great One

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Watched Peppermint the other day on Netflix. Stars Jennifer Garner. Awesome flick. I'd give it 9.5 out of 10. It's about a woman out for revenge after her husband and daughter are gunned down.
    I watched this on the weekend based on your recommendation. Not bad. I wouldn't score it quite as high as you, but for an action movie, it has some merit. It's basically the female version of John Wick or Taken (Liam Neeson). I know I'm nit-picking here, because after all shows like this are not totally realistic, but one thing that bugged me is that the main character's fighting skills and proficiency with firearms was never really explained. I know there was the suggestion that she went off the grid for 5 years, and participated in some black-market MMA fighting, but that doesn't really explain it. I'm fairly certain that most soccer moms wouldn't be able to transform into who she was in the span of 5 years, even with some MMA training.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Sat down yesterday and watched "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood", the biodrama on Mr Rogers.

I was a little disappointed mainly because I thought it was going to be more of a biography on Mr Rogers, than a drama between Rogers and the columnist. It wasn't that the movie was bad, it just wasn't what I was expecting I guess. I was hoping for more Mr Rogers and less on the columnist.

6/10
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I watched Me, Myself, and Irene last night with Jim Carrey.
    It is from 2000. (I realized halfway thru I'd seen it once before)
    In this current day where everything has to be "PC" and "appropriate"... this shit made me laugh pretty hard.
    I slightly feel like a bad person... but I also laughed - which I don't do much of any more... and doctors say that is good for health.
    Also - surprisingly solid soundtrack of music throughout.

Nothing new here for most of you... move along.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I watched Me, Myself, and Irene last night with Jim Carrey.
    It is from 2000. (I realized halfway thru I'd seen it once before)
    In this current day where everything has to be "PC" and "appropriate"... this shit made me laugh pretty hard.
    I slightly feel like a bad person... but I also laughed - which I don't do much of any more... and doctors say that is good for health.
    Also - surprisingly solid soundtrack of music throughout.

Nothing new here for most of you... move along.
    This is one of the funniest movies out there!! And randomly enough someone from work brought it up to me yesterday. I completely agree with your take on it. Thanks for bringing it up, f***face.

On the new front....I have Tenet and Mank queued up. Just trying to find time to watch.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    This is one of the funniest movies out there!! And randomly enough someone from work brought it up to me yesterday. I completely agree with your take on it. Thanks for bringing it up, f***face.

On the new front....I have Tenet and Mank queued up. Just trying to find time to watch.
    Im probably going to watch Tenet today myself.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Use subtitles for Tenet if available. The sound mix combined with the actors speaking through masks a good chunk of the movie make the dialogue mostly incomprehensible. And it's wall-to-wall exposition nonsense! Why put it all in the movie if the writer/director doesn't think the audience needs to hear it? I'm taken aback by how much I disliked it to be honest.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Sat down yesterday and watched "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood", the biodrama on Mr Rogers.

I was a little disappointed mainly because I thought it was going to be more of a biography on Mr Rogers, than a drama between Rogers and the columnist. It wasn't that the movie was bad, it just wasn't what I was expecting I guess. I was hoping for more Mr Rogers and less on the columnist.

6/10
    I'm with you on that one. It's very strange to make a movie about someone, and then put him in a secondary role behind some other lead character that we've never heard of and don't care about. I get that they were trying to show Mr. Rogers' qualities through the lens of one specific instance, kind of like a case study, but I don't think it worked very well and we end up learning pretty much nothing new about the man.

Dobber Sports Guru

Watched Wonder Woman 1984 last night. I don't get all the positive reviews that came out for this originally. It was slow (2.5 hour Superhero movies aren't necessary unless it's a giant crossover event like Infinity War or Endgame), full of plot holes, not much action, and the ending was disappointing. Plus Kristin Wiig disappears for a good chunk of the movie. So much so that when she comes back, you forgot she was in it.

I would recommend waiting until the price comes down before renting it.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

The wife and I watched SuperIntelligence starring Melissa McCarthy yesterday afternoon. It was cute and had some funny moments but all in all not a great movie. It killed a couple hours on a quiet day while I waited for the Canada hockey game I guess. 6/10

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Watched Wonder Woman 1984 last night. I don't get all the positive reviews that came out for this originally. It was slow (2.5 hour Superhero movies aren't necessary unless it's a giant crossover event like Infinity War or Endgame), full of plot holes, not much action, and the ending was disappointing. Plus Kristin Wiig disappears for a good chunk of the movie. So much so that when she comes back, you forgot she was in it.

I would recommend waiting until the price comes down before renting it.
    Oh man, this is funny - I literally just watched this review this morning, which confirms your points:

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sophomore

“Unhinged” Pretty enjoyable “no thinking required “ thriller with Russel Crowe in a rare form as a psychopath 7/10

“Honest Thief”. If you’re a fan of Liam Neeson, you know what to expect. Wonder for how long he’ll keep sticking to the same formula. Not as good as some of his previous movies in thriller sub genre but if you have time and pop corn, it shall do. 5/10

“Tenet” I really tried to like it more than I have but during the course of viewing it, this nagging feeling that I’ve seen something similar before, never let me enjoy it more than I probably should have. Yes, Inception is what I am referring to which is much better movie imo, 6/10

Dobber Sports Deity

I just finished Honest Thief myself. While the story was predictable, I enjoyed it. I'd give it a 7.5/10. Would be higher if the story wasn't so predictable.

Dobber Sports Icon

Death to 2020 on Netflix... I’ll give it 3.5/5

Definitely had some great laugh out loud moments poking fun at what has been a pretty tough year on most people

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The wife & I decided to treat ourselves to some movies we had to pay to stream.
    These are some via Amazon Instant Video.
    https://www.metacritic.com/browse/mo.../aiv?sort=desc

Metacritic Score / UserScore Listed

95 (7.5) - Collective. Story about corruption in the Romanian hospital system. 8/10. I'm not much for documentaries - but this was pretty deep. Especially with the burn victim profile.

79 (7.2) - Black Bear. This is a bit of a mind-fugg and it's fun that it stars a girl from Parks & Rec and also the girl that was Stewart's GF in s3-s5 of Letterkenny. A good watch under the influence. 7.5/10

78 (6.5) - Spontaneous (photo below). For me, 9/10. If you are up for a full on quirky movie (also, more enjoyable with several drinks or other consumables). You have to be OK with leaving reality a tad behind... as teenagers "explode". Seriously - that's what it's about. However... if you think you can deal with the weirdness/funness of this concept...- and you like standard teenage/high-school movie drama... this is an enjoyable good watch. The two lead characters are quite likeable. The guy was the lead in "Looking for Alaska" - and the girl is an edgier version of Elisha Cuthbert.

74 (7.9) - Shithouse. 8/10. I enjoyed this. It was a bit weird. My wife said "Are some college kids really like this?". I said "Yeah, there is a world of sort of dorky/awkward/messed-ups". She thought the main guy was autistic... but they are just awkward. I love awkward people and situations in movies. So I loved this.

On Hulu:
    69 (7.6) - Happiest Season. 6/10. This would've been an 8 for me if they would've ended it before the final 20min. There is a critical scene with the group in a room near the end. That should've been the end haul... but they went and... switched it a bit. I'm not good with the switch. C'mon. It was fun to see "David" from Schitt's Creek in another role. He was solid, though not far off his Schitt's Creek character. The two lead girls were both good.

The Great One

The Rhythm Section with Blake Lively, Jude Law, and Sterling Brown.

Basic premise: Compare your breathing and heart rate to the rhythm section of an orchestra, and you too can become a totally inept assassin in 8 short months!

Score: 4/10
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98