Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6 46 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Being on vacation for Christmas has allowed me some free time to watch a couple movies this week.

The Accoutant - Excellent movie. Definitely recommend it.

Inferno - As a fan of Dan Browns novels and the movies made from those books, this one has been the least favorable movie to this point. It was alright, but not great.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Courtesy of Netflix....

Siege of Jadotville. Solid 8.5

It is the true (though really not well known) story of a company of Irish peacekeepers who were besieged by French Foreign Legion mercenaries in the Congo in the 1960s. It was hushed up and they were branded cowards for surrendering (despite being outnumbered over 10 to 1 and having run out of bullets). They were since recognized for their bravery (in 2005, because 40 yrs isn't much of a wait). A well done move of a story I'd never heard before.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Courtesy of Netflix....

Siege of Jadotville. Solid 8.5

It is the true (though really not well known) story of a company of Irish peacekeepers who were besieged by French Foreign Legion mercenaries in the Congo in the 1960s. It was hushed up and they were branded cowards for surrendering (despite being outnumbered over 10 to 1 and having run out of bullets). They were since recognized for their bravery (in 2005, because 40 yrs isn't much of a wait). A well done move of a story I'd never heard before.
    Thanks for this Loch, was planning on seeing it but was beating around the bush, opting for another movie instead when it came time to press play. Will definitely watch in the next few days!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Jedi

Suicide Squad. Enjoyable, but underwhelming. I had hoped/expected so much more... way too much attention given to "Headshot" - Will Smith, poor casting IMO. Also was a little soured on the inclusion of Batman. I get it DC Comics etc... but meh... There's so much more they can do with the Suicide Squad. The one bonus... should be a sequel. Harley Quinn was by far the best character of the crew. for several reasons.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

Here are a few movies that I got to see recently:

The Accountant: Really liked this one. Ben Affleck is as loved as he is hated by various fans and critics (I'm a fan of his work FWIW). This one tends to get mixed reviews in part because of this love/hate issue. I personally felt like he nailed the part and I enjoyed the movie as a whole. Anna Kendrick could have been replaced by another actress but it wasn't a deal-breaker IMO.
    7.5/10

Doctor Strange: I went into this one with high expectations due to the great ratings on Rotten Tomatoes (critics and fans alike have it at +90%). It's a really good (not great) Marvel movie + introduces a different feel to the Marvel Universe and it's not a bad one (think Inception meets Iron Man meets Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon). Being an origin story and all, it had its slower parts but Cumberbatch did a solid job overall which helped explain the high ratings. The 2nd movie in this series can go either way. I don't think this series will be as successful as Iron Man or Captain America but it is without a doubt going to trump the Ghost Rider and Punisher ones.
    8/10
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Genius

Don't Breathe - 5/10 so so thriller. One time watch. Some jumps.
    Magnificent 7 - 7/10 Ok western. Bit long in the tooth at over 2 hours.
    Sully 8/10 Even though we know what happened, remained a solid movie surrounding the pre and post events of that landing on the Hudson.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't Breathe - 5/10 so so thriller. One time watch. Some jumps.
    Magnificent 7 - 7/10 Ok western. Bit long in the tooth at over 2 hours.
    Sully 8/10 Even though we know what happened, remained a solid movie surrounding the pre and post events of that landing on the Hudson.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm gonna give The Accountant a shot based on the feedback here.

Was gonna skip it cause of the crappy Rotten Tomato reviews, but you guys have swayed me. I've seen tons of movies I enjoyed with bad critic reviews.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna give The Accountant a shot based on the feedback here.

Was gonna skip it cause of the crappy Rotten Tomato reviews, but you guys have swayed me. I've seen tons of movies I enjoyed with bad critic reviews.

Dobber Sports Deity

I actually watched Lights Out tonight because my kid wanted to watch it. Ugh. Lots of jump scare moments but other than that, it's was your typical scary movie.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

watched a couple of classics over the holidays since theres a freebie airing of the some bell channels

bullitt , the conversation , deliverence , mean streets , serpico , apocalypse now

- - - Updated - - -

watched a couple of classics over the holidays since theres a freebie airing of the some bell channels

bullitt , the conversation , deliverence , mean streets , serpico , apocalypse now

Dobber Sports Deity

Hacksaw Ridge. Excellent flick. I love these true story movies anyways but this one was awesome.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The Accountant - 6.5/10 - better than I expected, but not great. As a finance guy, I found the business aspects of the storyline unrealistic but for the regular joe it'd be good entertainment.
    Rogue One - 8.5/10 - really enjoyed this one. Pretty standard for a star wars movie, but that's not a bad thing. You don't have to know anything about Star Wars to understand it since it's a standalone story (prequel to New Hope).

- - - Updated - - -

The Accountant - 6.5/10 - better than I expected, but not great. As a finance guy, I found the business aspects of the storyline unrealistic but for the regular joe it'd be good entertainment.
    Rogue One - 8.5/10 - really enjoyed this one. Pretty standard for a star wars movie, but that's not a bad thing. You don't have to know anything about Star Wars to understand it since it's a standalone story (prequel to New Hope).

The Great One

Deepwater Horizon was pretty good.

The Wolverine

Re-watched what I feel should become a classic Christmas film, with enough exposure. It's Finnish so I'm not sure how well it's done internationally.

It's dark, funny, unique and clever:

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Also watched Everest (the 2015 version with Gylenhall) over the holidays and that was awesome. Solid 8/10

Dobber Sports Newbie

Doctor Strange - 7/10
    Moana - 8/10
    Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - 9/10
    A Monster Calls - 8/10
    Office Christmas Party - 7/10