Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 100 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    May check out 10 Cloverfield Lane - anyone see this one?

Deadpool - watched a few weeks back - I really enjoyed it - his personality is much like mine lol.....8/10 - good action, funny lines - language may not be for the 18 and under crowd or your lady friend...
    Agree with Deadpool, very well done movie.

I have heard 10 Cloverfield Lane was a good one too. Haven't seen it yet though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Guru

Saw The Little Prince with the kids a few weeks back. Wasn't very good. Kids hated it. I hated it. My wife hated. It just wasn't entertaining at all.

500 Days of Summer. Kind of okay.

Captain America Civil War: Excellent movie. Lots of action.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports All-Star

Finally watched Star Wars The Force Awakens and I'll give it a 5/10, pretty much spot on with what I expect from most JJ Abrams films, a lot of flash and little substance. Seems like a good movie for millennials to enjoy. I thought the plot and character development was very weak and for the most part was cheering for Kylo Ren. I knew from the reviews that the script made Rey into a Mary Sue, but now after watching it, they took it to a whole new level of Ultimate Mary Sue, yikes. Strangely enough I think I liked Phantom Menace better, but if you've never seen any Star Wars before, then you might find this film entertaining enough for the special effects.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Demi-God

A few I've caught over the last couple months, incl. two from weekend.

Brooklyn 7.5/10. - Total date-night movie. I actually liked it. The acting was really good & you could get lost in the time era. Overall, a good stay-in date night movie with wife. Not recommended for a solo-guy watch.
    Mockingjay Pt II 5/10 - Meh. Wife & I had watched previous three, so we had to finish. But they really dragged this one out as a story to rake the bucks. Probably was good in theater but lacked the punch from the couch. Not recommended.
    Fruitvale Station 8/10 - Solid. I like Michael B. Jordan, he's good. He did a good job in this movie of being likeable, but still flawed. One of those movies that put me on wikipedia reading about real events for 30min afterwards.
    The Hunt 9/10 - Oh baby, Mads Mikkelsen is so good. I think this film captures well how well a society can take a rumour and spin it hard as hate towards one person they feel like they can judge.

Dobber Sports Giant

Here are a couple that I saw over the weekend:

Iron Man 3:
    7.5/10: It was one of the only Marvel movies I had not seen so I figured I would watch it prior to seeing Civil War in case there were a few things that would tie up both movies. It's not the best IM movie, but it wasn't a bad one. I had a few funny moments with classic Downey Jr acting!

Lone Survivor:
    8/10: War movie based on true events where Mark Wahlberg and a small SEAL team go to Afghanistan for a recon mission. Poop hits the fan and recon switches to fighting back. Good acting from the 4 main roles (Ben Foster especially). It falls short of Black Hawk Down's greatness, but it is a good action-packed modern war movie nonetheless (right up there with Tears of The Sun, 13 Hours and Behind Enemy Lines... Hurt Locker, American Sniper and Zero Dark Thirty are great modern war movies as well, but with far less action so I won't comprare it to those)

Trainwreck:
    7/10: Amy Schumer is not my favorite comedian, but she does pull off a funny movie in Trainwreck. It was chick-flick night with my GF (the 2 above movies were my selections so it was her turn) and she picked this one. I had a few laughs and it wasn't overly cheezy. It had a bunch of cameos that added to the humour.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Not going through this whole thread to see if this has been said before, but The Prestige is one of the most recent movies I have seen, and it has to be one of the best movies I have ever seen. 9.5/10, and would recommend for and type of movie watcher.
    One of the best movies ever. Almost time for me to watch that one again...

Dobber Sports Genius

10 Cloverfield Lane - meh, boring - I wouldn't watch again nor would I recommend this one. Better thrillers out there. 5/10
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    10 Cloverfield Lane - meh, boring - I wouldn't watch again nor would I recommend this one. Better thrillers out there. 5/10
    I was wondering about this one when it came out earlier this year, and with limited knowledge outside of the trailer (fine by me, don't like to know much in advance), I thought it could've gone either way. Never got around to seeing it so I'll still consider watching it when it comes out on TV but won't seek it out earlier.

Dobber Sports Expert

Deadpool - 9.8/10 - One of the best movies I've ever seen. Funny, violent and just well done. I could do without the all CG character though.
    Cap America Civil War - 8/10 - I really liked it, Spiderman steals the show, but well made entertaining movie. I look forward to the Spiderman re-boot
    Batman vs Superman - 6/10 - I was bored during this and my wife fell asleep. Need to watch it again, but some of the character motivations weren't solid and the whole Martha thing was kind of a joke.
    Mad Max - 4/10 - I didn't know what to expect, super hyped.. I hated it.
    The Intern - 8/10 - well, for a chick flick I enjoyed it. Deniro is always good.
    Creed - 7/10 - Same ole Same ole Rocky type movie. Enjoyable though.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Frailty-- 9/10

horror film from 2002 with Bill Paxton and McConnaughey... unlike any movie I've ever seen, I really liked it and highly recommend it.
    Loved this one as well.

Just watched:

Deadpool - 8/10. Love the sarcastic super hero stuff.

Hateful 8 - 7/10. I will have to watch this one over again and then the score might go higher.

Joy - 8.5/10. I enjoyed this one. It's not something that I would normally watch, but I love Jennifer Lawrence, who was her fantastic self.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Loved this one as well.

Just watched:

Deadpool - 8/10. Love the sarcastic super hero stuff.

Hateful 8 - 7/10. I will have to watch this one over again and then the score might go higher.

Joy - 8.5/10. I enjoyed this one. It's not something that I would normally watch, but I love Jennifer Lawrence, who was her fantastic self.
    I love me some JL, I will have to check it out. It looked pretty good from the previews.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't get to watch as many movies as i would like too, so can only do one movie (sorry if that is not keeping with the theme of the thread)

Star Wars: Force Awakens - 5/10 I had heard so many good things about this movie and was really disappointed. To me it felt like two movies mixed into one. You had the new story of Rai and Fyn (sorry for any misspellings), which was pretty good but then you have this Star wars reunion of all of the old characters going on in between. The constant references to the the very first Star Wars Movie, as though there was some in joke, got really tiresome after a while and spoiled the whole movie for me. I am hoping they scale back the amount of screen time for the old characters and let the new ones shine in the next movie.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Superstar

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Really first-rate super-hero movie, Captain America was not my favorite comic book super-hero, but he is not failing to deliver on-screen . Not on the level of the Dark Knight films, but definitely worth watching.
    7.0/10 (I'm not underrating it, just the grade I curve on is probably lower than most people's.)

Videodrome

This is a tough one. On the one hand it's really clever, but on the other there's no denying that it's really bad. As with Cronenberg's breakthrough Scanners, it's a smart movie that seems dumb because of it's dreadful production values, particularly it's sound and overwrought background music. Most of this can be attributed to it's budget and the time in which it was made.

But it's subversive theme concerning subliminal mind-control via a pirate cable TV station that broadcasts snuff material was way ahead of it's time. This one screams for a remake.

4/10

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Expert

I watched the Big Short a couple days ago, and I'd give a 8.5/10.

Really enjoyed the acting. Christian Bale is awesome in it IMO. Steve Carrell almost made me forgot he was Michael Scott. And the plot is disheartening, I lost faith in capitalism lol
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I watched the Big Short a couple days ago, and I'd give a 8.5/10.

Really enjoyed the acting. Christian Bale is awesome in it IMO. Steve Carrell almost made me forgot he was Michael Scott. And the plot is disheartening, I lost faith in capitalism lol
    You shouldn't lose faith in capitalism. Just in the capitalists.

RETIRED