Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Evil Dead 2: I liked the original but this one didn't do much for me. 5/10.
    I will fight you. Evil Dead 2 is amazing. Probably half the movie is just Bruce Campbell by himself and it still manages to be incredibly entertaining and hilarious.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Pro

Frailty-- 9/10

horror film from 2002 with Bill Paxton and McConnaughey... unlike any movie I've ever seen, I really liked it and highly recommend it.

The Wolverine

Saw Rush the other day and enjoyed it. I admit I didn't even know the real story beforehand. Daniel Bruhl in particular was very good. 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    I will fight you. Evil Dead 2 is amazing. Probably half the movie is just Bruce Campbell by himself and it still manages to be incredibly entertaining and hilarious.
    Haha, it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Frailty-- 9/10

horror film from 2002 with Bill Paxton and McConnaughey... unlike any movie I've ever seen, I really liked it and highly recommend it.
    Strangely I cannot remember this film when it came out (or since), so one to keep in mind. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Strangely I cannot remember this film when it came out (or since), so one to keep in mind. Thanks.
    I had never even heard of it, but decided to watch it last night when scrolling through the options on HBO On Demand

It's a neat movie, good psychological thriller and good suspense-- check it out.

Dobber Sports Legend

Spotlight - (4/5) Slow, heavy story with brilliant acting. I liked it.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Giant

Just saw The Brothers Grimsby on Sunday...

5/10: I'm a fan of Sacha Baron Cohen's earlier work with Ali-G and Borat. Bruno was too extreme in terms of pushing the bubble on awkwardness and profanity so I didn't like it as much as Borat. The Dictator was different because it was not filmed with random people. It had a few funny moments but that was it.
    Well The Brothers Grimsby is a mix of both Bruno (in terms of pushing the bubble) and The Dictator (movie with real actors and few laughs). The package makes for a weird movie that not many will enjoy. I, for one, found it OK, but I am part of those that ''could'' have liked it so i guess I'm the minority here

Do not watch it:
    - with kids (seriously)
    - with people who are easily offended
    - unless you like Sacha Baron Cohen's movies/humour
    - while you are sober
    - while the people you are watching it with are sober
    - expecting something good

If you can check off 5 or 6 things from the list above, you should be good for the 90 mins
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Pro

I just saw Room. It is an excellent movie. I think it should've won Best Picture and I think the little kid should've won Best Supporting Actor, he was just awesome in it. It's one of the more original movies you'll see and the premise is so emotionally heavy it's impossible to not be enthralled. It's one of those movies I found myself thinking about for like two days.

Dobber Sports Giant

Just saw Whiskey Tango Foxtrot with my GF and another couple (the girls were pissed that we had dragged them in to watch Deadpool so this was their choice).

6.5/10: Not a bad movie but nothing special happens. I has war components (obviously), a bit of romance and some humour; just enough of everything without any excesses. Tina Fey was particularly good in the movie, the rest of the cast... meh (except Margot Robbie :P)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Genius

Creed 6/10 soft movie ...next
    Straight outta compton 5/10 ....watched director's cut, almost stopped it at 30 mins...too many handshakes for my liking
    Southpaw 7.5/10 - better than creed imo, more edge, less predictable ...
    Starwars - 6/10 wimpy characters and not overly entertaining imo...oldies are so much better...ren's hissy fits were laughable
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Creed 6/10 soft movie ...next
    Straight outta compton 5/10 ....watched director's cut, almost stopped it at 30 mins...too many handshakes for my liking
    Southpaw 7.5/10 - better than creed imo, more edge, less predictable ...
    Starwars - 6/10 wimpy characters and not overly entertaining imo...oldies are so much better...ren's hissy fits were laughable

Minors:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Saw Batman vs Superman despite the horrible reviews. It was much better than I was expecting - maybe because my expectations were low, but I'd give it a much higher rating that what it's received from critics.

Amazing effects (watch it in imax if you can), actors were generally decent, and wonder woman is hot as ****!

Besides the plot being forced and all over the place because of DC trying to set up Justice League, the only thing I took issue with was their portrayal of Batman. They essentially made him a big dumb thug, whereas Batman has traditionally been known for his moral and intellectual depth.

Overall, I still enjoyed it - it's decent for what it is. 6.5/10

The Wolverine

Recently watched Eyes In The Sky with Helen Mirren and Alan Rickman. I enjoyed it, feeling it had the right balance between tension, action and even a bit of humour.

Dobber Sports Titan

Not going through this whole thread to see if this has been said before, but The Prestige is one of the most recent movies I have seen, and it has to be one of the best movies I have ever seen. 9.5/10, and would recommend for and type of movie watcher.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Genius

May check out 10 Cloverfield Lane - anyone see this one?

Deadpool - watched a few weeks back - I really enjoyed it - his personality is much like mine lol.....8/10 - good action, funny lines - language may not be for the 18 and under crowd or your lady friend...
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I just saw Room. It is an excellent movie. I think it should've won Best Picture and I think the little kid should've won Best Supporting Actor, he was just awesome in it. It's one of the more original movies you'll see and the premise is so emotionally heavy it's impossible to not be enthralled. It's one of those movies I found myself thinking about for like two days.
    Oh man that was heavy. Great film. Well done and believable insofar as the story/outcome was not overly hollywood-ized. If that makes any sense...
    @SmittysRant