Page 38 of 105 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Ha! I love a good B-Zombie flick, thanks audiopile
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Anyone see Babadook yet? Where's horrorfan?? I'm gonna check this one out over the weekend.
    I absolutely loved Babadook. I agree with audiopile that the kid was irritating as F, but I think he was supposed to be based on what he and his mom had gone through and he was looking for attention. There are some great subtleties to be had and an ending that is deeper than it first appears to be. I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the best horror movies I saw last year.
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

The Wolverine

Anyone see Babadook yet? Where's horrorfan?? I'm gonna check this one out over the weekend.
    I hadn't heard of it until I noticed it was in the cinema a little while back, but I forgot about it. I'll try to remember it when it comes out on TV.

Dobber Sports Genius

Weekend!!! updates anyone?

Edge of tomorrow - 8.5/10 I liked it. Good flow. Doesn't overdue it with the CGI effects.
    Pacific rim - 7.5/10 cool concept. felt like it lost a little of its mojo over the last 30 minutes.
    Oblivion - 6/10 meh..kinda boring
    The Purge - 3/10 ick! could have been much better. novel idea, bad sell job.
    American Hustle - 1/10 - stopped it at 30 minutes.

keep the suggestions coming. march break here, I need my fix. blue ray time.
    COD
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

^ bump. Am I the only lazy one around here who has time for movies?

Unbroken. 7/10 2+ hours of an American prisoner of war getting his faced kicked in. You're better off watching Rocky reruns.
    Interstellar 7.5/10 You'll need a PhD to figure this one out but overall I liked it and have always appreciated a good space movie. Gummy worms make a good snack to watch this one...you'll see why.
    St. Vincent 8/10 fun movie, easy to watch. Murray's girlfriend Daka is especially funny in this one.
    Foxcatcher 5/10 wasn't for me. found it quite boring. Carell was just weird in it and not in a good way.

happy viewing all.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Guardians of the Galaxy - Was better than I thought it was going to be. Overall, I liked it. 7.5/10
    Edge of Tomorrow - Didn't think it would be any good. Thought it would be Groundhog Day starring Tom Cruise, but it was better than I originally thought. 7/10
    The Expendables 3 - Complete shite. 2/10 and that's only for the firefights.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Love this thread.

Ted - 7/10. Pretty funny. Not as vulgar as I would have expected, especially from Seth MacFarlane. Watched it with my fiancee and her mom - we warned her, but she lasted about 15 minutes and then left.

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - 3/10. Didn't like it much at all. Lost interest in it rather quickly.

The Last Gladiators - 5/10. Don't remember much of Nilan as a player, but it was somewhat entertaining listening to some of the stories from some of the other enforcers.

Gangster Squad - 7/10. Little better than I had expected. Reminded me a lot of The Untouchables, but edgier.

X-Men: Days of Future Past - 6/10. Not the biggest fan of the X-Men movies, but liked how dark this one was and how it combined past, present and future. I think McAvoy and Fassbender are excellent as younger Xavier and Lensherr.

Dobber Sports Legend

Saw Ex Machina yesterday - 10/10 (loved every minute of it!)
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Genius

I keep forgetting about this thread!

True Story - 5.5/10 Mediocre. Lazy performances, and little to no intrigue.

Trouble With the Curve - 7.5/10 Doesn't do anything groundbreaking, but it's a solid feel-good movie.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'll throw a few up here as well:

Furious 7: as you may have guess from a 7th sequel, it was amazing, epic lines like "you know what they say about street fights... The streets always win"... No idea why I watched it, 2/10

Seventh Son: eh another one that was a desperation watch, is it just me or does it seem like new movies are really lacking? Anyways I'd give it a 4/10, didn't hate it but definitely not very good

American Sniper: Actually I take that back, this was a much better movie than I was expecting (despite the hype I am always apprehensive of the "ra ra" American War movies as I find they sometimes get a bit too Patriotic). A few spots are a bit cheese but on the whole its a good war flick 7.5/10
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

I watched Still Alice (Julianne Moore). Great movie, very well acted, but jeebus if it didn't take 24-hour marathon viewing of Predator just to wash the melancholy from my soul.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

Avengers 2: A little disappointing. Usually action flicks are better in sequels. But this pretty much rehashed the exact same plot as the first one. It reminded me of the Hangover in this way. 6 out of 10

Lucy: Thought this would be completely different than how it turned out. Pretty disappointing, and some major loopholes (ie- Halfway through the film, Lucy can knock a hallway full of people unconscious with a wave of her finger, but then she never does it again, even when multiple people try to attack her). 1 out of 10

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

I watched Still Alice (Julianne Moore). Great movie, very well acted, but jeebus if it didn't take 24-hour marathon viewing of Predator just to wash the melancholy from my soul.
    Yeah, I recently saw this one, too. Totally agree, great movie, but man, the sad stuck with me for a while after. Still, 8/10 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Avengers 2: A little disappointing. Usually action flicks are better in sequels. But this pretty much rehashed the exact same plot as the first one. It reminded me of the Hangover in this way. 6 out of 10
    I actually liked this one more than the first, mainly because of the villains in the two movies. I'll take Ultron over flying blimp monsters any day. And Vision was cool. 7/10

Dobber Sports Legend

Oh, another one I watched: Whiplash - 8/10. World class acting but a very uncomfortable and ugly story. It's worth the view, but not a second watch, if that makes sense?
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Oh, another one I watched: Whiplash - 8/10. World class acting but a very uncomfortable and ugly story. It's worth the view, but not a second watch, if that makes sense?
    Saw this one as well, very good movie but yeah, very intense.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ