Page 36 of 105 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Finally watched Goon last night. Other than loving that it was a hockey movie and not a love story with a hockey background, it wasn't particularly great. It was just okay. Maybe I expected more?

So I watched Boyhood.

I liked it, generally. It was unique in how it was filmed (one week a year for twelve years...or something like that). The acting was good. I would call it a charming movie, yet somewhat vanilla. I was not blown away by it.

7/10 overall.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Sage

I started watching Anchorman 2 last night. What a pile of crap that was. I was out after about 30 minutes.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Watched the Imitation Game last night.

I didn't know much about it going in, my gf forced me to watch it and I was expecting a snoozefest but surprisingly it was very entertaining and original. 8/10

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wife & I watched The One I Love this past weekend.

It's the girl that plays Peggy from Mad Men and the guy that plays Pete from The League.
    They go on this retreat for couples therapy and stay at a cabin (in the woods!) where the basically end up coming to grips with who each other is / has become / could be... in a really neat way, IMO.
    [Purely fictional, definitely fictional ...]

Movie wasn't mind-blowing, but good. 7/10
    Good stay-at-home movie for any married couple of 5+ years, regardless of where you/partner are in your bond.
    I would recommend.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Watched the Imitation Game last night.

I didn't know much about it going in, my gf forced me to watch it and I was expecting a snoozefest but surprisingly it was very entertaining and original. 8/10
    The originality was probably due to it being a true story....
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I started watching Anchorman 2 last night. What a pile of crap that was. I was out after about 30 minutes.
    LOL! I actually enjoyed it. I went in with low expectations anyway so it was easy to make it through.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

Equalizer - really enjoyed it. Maybe because the three prior movies I watched were so bad. But liked this one

Maze Runner - pretty good, until the last 20 minutes. They were so horrible that it ruined the whole movie for me

Expendables 3 - horrible. And I have a high tolerance level for action movies. I'm fine with zero plot and lots of action. But this one had so much action, it flipped from fight to fight too quickly and it was overwhelming. The one-liner jokes were horrible, and they were relentless with them. Just a terrible movie. One upside was Rhonda Rousey, who I think could be a pretty good action hero in her own movie
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    So I watched Boyhood.

I liked it, generally. It was unique in how it was filmed (one week a year for twelve years...or something like that). The acting was good. I would call it a charming movie, yet somewhat vanilla. I was not blown away by it.

7/10 overall.
    I seen this as well and agree with your rating. It is an interesting concept in film making. I thought it got boring towards the end.

I watched 'Secretariat' yesterday. I have seen it before, but since all that was on was the All Star game, I chose to watch it again. It is an excellent movie about the greatest race horse of all time and you will probably get chills at some point.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Equalizer - really enjoyed it. Maybe because the three prior movies I watched were so bad. But liked this one

Maze Runner - pretty good, until the last 20 minutes. They were so horrible that it ruined the whole movie for me

Expendables 3 - horrible. And I have a high tolerance level for action movies. I'm fine with zero plot and lots of action. But this one had so much action, it flipped from fight to fight too quickly and it was overwhelming. The one-liner jokes were horrible, and they were relentless with them. Just a terrible movie. One upside was Rhonda Rousey, who I think could be a pretty good action hero in her own movie
    Yeah, Equalizer was good... Danzel is bad-ass, not as bad ass as in Man on Fire, but still...
    Maze Runner's end was just setting up the sequel (there will be one) so I'll wait for the sequel before judging it.
    Expendables 3... the Wesley Snipes tax evasion joke was gold. I'll agree on Rousey though.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Expendables 3... the Wesley Snipes tax evasion joke was gold. I'll agree on Rousey though.
    I'll give you that one. But it was my only laugh! haha
    Downhill after that...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Superstar

"American Sniper" - saw on the weekend. Saw it in theatre and the sound during the action scenes was great. Overall it was a good film, I didn't find it over the top propaganda like. 7/10
    "Unbroken" -saw recently. Other than it being a true story it didn't wow me very much 6/10.
    The Great Gatsby" -saw on TV a few weeks ago. I had never read the book but knew it was very highly regarded, the acting was solid and the party scenes were incredible, the plot was only meh for my liking 7/10.
    Last edited by LawMan; February 3, 2015 at 4:47 PM.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Equalizer - 7/10 a little 'meh' for me. highly predictable, very few if any surprises. One time watch. I do like revenge movies and this was one 4 sure.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    "American Sniper" - saw on the weekend. Saw it in theatre and the sound during the action scenes was great. Overall it was a good film, I didn't find it over the top propaganda like. 7/10
    "Unbreakable" -saw recently. Other than it being a true story it didn't wow me very much 6/10.
    The Great Gatsby" -saw on TV a few weeks ago. I had never read the book but knew it was very highly regarded, the acting was solid and the party scenes were incredible, the plot was only meh for my liking 7/10.
    You mean the one with Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson?? Wow, I never knew that that was a true story. I'm starting to view that film in an entirely new light.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Master

Fury 7/10 Do not watch if you like happy endings or hate violence. Other than that I quite enjoyed it. The tank battle scene (3 Shermans vs a Tiger) is really well done.
    The Replacements 9.5/10 - Is it a bit cheesy? Yeah. But this movie offers so much. "is that bunt cake?" "That girl just smacked that other girl's ass"... and so on.
    /S

Victoria DH