Page 30 of 105 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Yup, The Prestige as well, which was a fun little movie

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    You've never seen the Dark Night?

I am definitely not a superhero movie guy and I think that comic books are pretty lame overall, but the Dark Knight was an amazing movie. Heath Ledger was fantastic as was the directing. It has a very different feel than the other Batman movies. It's in my top 5 movie list of all time.
    No, true story, never seen it. Have zero interest in it. Guardians of the Galaxy will be the next one I watch since lots of people have said it's a little different, so I'll give it a chance. But I have extremely low expectations.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Batman Begins is better than TDK anyway. Batman Begins was the first of the really dark and morose superhero flicks. Probably not up your alley, going by what you've said before. But I still think you're going to enjoy Guardians
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    Batman Begins is better than TDK anyway. Batman Begins was the first of the really dark and morose superhero flicks. Probably not up your alley, going by what you've said before. But I still think you're going to enjoy Guardians
    How do you define better? This reeks of hipster contrarianism.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; October 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

It's called an opinion. Nothing is objective truth about art. It's all subjective.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Titan

I liked all the DK flicks. 2nd one was great because Heath Ledger was unbelievable as the Joker. You cant even hear his voice at all. The only time I saw a bit of Heath Ledger in him was when he had no make-up on dressed as a cop during the ceremony. In no way did Heath Ledger ever let a bit of “Heath Ledger” out in his acting.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I liked all the DK flicks. 2nd one was great because Heath Ledger was unbelievable as the Joker. You cant even hear his voice at all. The only time I saw a bit of Heath Ledger in him was when he had no make-up on dressed as a cop during the ceremony. In no way did Heath Ledger ever let a bit of “Heath Ledger” out in his acting.
    I agree. TDK is one of those movies that I end up watching when flipping channels. I remember the first time I watched it- it was around Christmas and I rented it just because I had the house to myself and I wanted something to watch. Without many expectations, I watched it. Totally blew me away. I did something I never do- I watched it again the next day.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    See, that's my problem with it. I love The Dark Knight as well, especially Ledger's amazing performance, but it's a Joker movie first and a Harvey Dent movie second and then as a distant third it's a Batman movie. That's why I like Batman Begins more, because I get under the skin of Batman more in it.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    See, that's my problem with it. I love The Dark Knight as well, especially Ledger's amazing performance, but it's a Joker movie first and a Harvey Dent movie second and then as a distant third it's a Batman movie. That's why I like Batman Begins more, because I get under the skin of Batman more in it.
    Well the DKR is basically a cop movie with a special guest appearance from Batman.

I, personally, like both BB and DK equally. I was however a tad bit disappointed with the third one, but overall the trilogy is nothing short of epic.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i wouldnt be surprised if the dark night was the movie i've seen the most times, heath ledger perfected the joker. might do a batman trilogy rerun soon, it's not a masterpiece but definitely good movies to watch. only thing i hated were the girls that played rachel were both terrible.

Dobber Sports Genius

Kings of Summer was great. Very funny indie teen flick. It's on Netflix and I recommend it.

Dobber Sports Legend

This weekend watched...

The Judge: 6.5/10
    RDJ and RD were brilliant, especially RD, but some of the dialogue was sappy and over-the-top.

Gone Girl: 9/10
    What an effed up flick. Great though. I think people will either love it or hate it - no in between. I loved it.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Stud

I heard gone girl was "raunchy" ? Anyone feel the same?
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    I heard gone girl was "raunchy" ? Anyone feel the same?
    Raunchy is a major understatement.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ninja

Gone Girl was an awesome movie. It's also extremely awkward if you go to see it with your significant other. I may or may not have baited two of my buddies to see it with their girlfriends lol.