Page 19 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Banned

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's the top grossing movie of the year - by far. Why would they ever stop? If I were Michael Bay I would put out 10 more sequels of that filth.

I don't think he loses any sleep over the lack of Oscar consideration the franchise receives... I'm sure he sleeps pretty well on his cash filled mattresses.
    I completely agree, but as a viewer I just wish they would stop. I totally get that its a money making machine.

But I don't want to be bored with the franchise, like I got with American pie 4-7. The reunion however, I did enjoy a lot.

Some shows need to end on top, to keep it solid. But I get that Hollywood will milk a rich cow for every last drop it gives.

Dobber Sports Pro

The Pirate Fairy 5/5
    The Smurfs 3/5
    Free Birds 4/5
    Despicable Me 2 5/5
    Frozen (700 times) 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/5

All ratings provided by my 5 year old daughter as she is truly a movie aficionado. Plus I generally never get to choose the movie and/or I prefer to nap on the couch.

If anyone has an issue with the rating for Frozen, you can take it up with her classmates.

bigstock_Angry_Child_2348279-300x200.jpgarticle19551.jpg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    Frozen (700 times) 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/5
    No worries there... I have two daughters.
    Got this shit memorized... not. by. choice.

Dobber Sports Genius

watched a couple recently that I was pleasantly surprised about

Grand Budapest Hotel - Funny movie and quality acting 8/10
    Art of Steal - Complete random watch, never would have selected it myself but it was surprisingly good 7/10
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Frozen is the shit! My girlfriend and I watched it the other week and just bawled our eyes out because it's so good. No jokes. I'm going to be crying during every goddamn movie when I hit 40.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

LEGO Movie - 198/212.5 - I was prepared for a cash-in, but what a great movie. It's uncanny how well it captured the essence of LEGO while maintaining a plot that could justify a full-length movie. Voice acting was great (though Morgan Freeman was the weakest of the cast, IMO), writing is witty and funny. THe best part was just how clever the animators were. EVERYTHING is LEGO. Fire, water, trees, grass, everything, and they never had to violate the rules of the LEGO world to make the animation smooth and interesting. Everything is also awesome.

I, Frankenstein - 79/212.5 - This was just a cash in - for Aaron Eckhart. Pretty much just a paycheck for sitting in a makeup chair and reciting some lines and maybe a little bit of exercise. Seriously though, a pretty bland movie. Frankenstein is a rich character, but here he's just a stick swinging goon with a surly temperment. Acting is terrible, plot is as thin as the hair on Dobber's head, the script was apparently crafted by a 10 year old, and the effects felt a bit amateurish. Only reason it doesn't go lower is because the action scenes were at least a little bit satisfying.

Robocop - 101/212.5 - The original wasn't a great movie, but it had a lot to say about the military-industrial complex and how it interfaced with the civilian side of society; how our world was trending towards 1984-style control, and how violence was a tool of the crude and uninformed. This movie was all of that, but it did it in such a trope-ish way. None of it felt fresh or interesting - the only thing that could have been said to be fresh was Robocop's outfit(s). The actions scenes were fine, nothing spectacular, and the rest of the film bits (acting, directing, etc.) were thoroughly mediocre, so I suppose that's a win for an action remake. Watchable, but only once.

Captain America: Winter Soldier - 177/212.5 - Marvel didn't kill it, but they came pretty close. I wasn't a huge fan of the first Captain America movie, but this one came through for me. Cap isn't that great of a character, even in comics, as he's so straight laced that he doesn't have real depth, but somehow they've managed to at least humanize him in a way that people can relate to, even if it's only a tiny bit. The supporting cast is pretty good, and the writing/directing/everything else is on par with the quality I've come to expect from Marvel movies. I will admit to a bit of a man-crush on Chris Evans - he does a great job at least trying to extract every bit of nuance from a character that's got as much depth as a kiddie pool, and he fits action movies quite well. Effects were good, action was good, if sometimes dragged a bit. Overall, a solid effort.

X-Men: Days of Future Past - 158/212.5 - It's pretty typical for the X-Men, but the plot of this film felt so contrived that I had a hard time staying with it. That said, I did enjoy it a lot, and I really do think that it's the best X-Men movie yet, though I think they've perpetually fallen short of where they should be given the source material. Acting was really good, with everything else being okay. Action scenes felt a little slow at times and their pacing felt somehow wrong, but I felt satisfied at the end of the day.
    16 team league, keep 12 plus *4 1st/2nd year players (16 total)
    Points Only (w/ NHL salaries), start 8F/4D/1G
    Note: Defencemen receive 1 point per 45 mins of ice time (1-2 points per week, ~30-35 pts per season).

Forwards:
    L. Couture, F. Forsberg, T. Teravainen, O. Palat, C. Kreider, K. Hayes, *J. Guentzel, R. Rakell, *K. Labanc, B. Point, *C. Fischer
    Defense:
    *S. Theodore, S. Gostisbehere, *M. Matheson, J. Trouba
    Goalie:
    M. Murray

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    No worries there... I have two daughters.
    Got this shit memorized... not. by. choice.

i didnt know kristen bell could sing, makes her even hotter. she was smoking hot in that couples retreat movie too.

personally i think frozen is overated, the soundtrack was good (let it go was insanely good).

Banned

frozen was awesome in theatre, good a few times at home

now when the kids want a movie, I prefer something else, cause I am getting a tad sick of it. I go back to my Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, Lion King, and other Disney's.

Tonight I am gonna rent 2. Depending what's available, I am looking at

The Book Thief,
    Heaven is for Real,
    American Hustle
    The Monuments Men

I'll update them once Ive watched em.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'd go for The Book Thief and The Monuments Men. Haven't seen The Book Thief, but the book is supposed to be very powerful. The Monuments Men is very entertaining. Heaven is for Real sounds like the kind of movie that would annoy me to no end because of the spirituality nonsense. Not my thing.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I'd go for The Book Thief and The Monuments Men. Haven't seen The Book Thief, but the book is supposed to be very powerful. The Monuments Men is very entertaining. Heaven is for Real sounds like the kind of movie that would annoy me to no end because of the spirituality nonsense. Not my thing.
    ill see what is available, I wanna see all of em eventually. I am not religious at all, but the concept sounds intereting.

definitely want to watch book thief most out of that!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

so what's the best movie i probably haven't seen yet? i'm bored and have a few hours to kill. i just watched 300 pt 2, eva green's cleavage was great but the rest of the movie was meh compared to the 1st one. also seeing cersei was nice, she really has that back in the day powerful woman type of character nailed down.

looking for a thiller/suspense/action or something like that. not really looking for comedy, maybe a rom com if the girl is hot enough and i'm desperate enough

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    so what's the best movie i probably haven't seen yet? i'm bored and have a few hours to kill. i just watched 300 pt 2, eva green's cleavage was great but the rest of the movie was meh compared to the 1st one. also seeing cersei was nice, she really has that back in the day powerful woman type of character nailed down.

looking for a thiller/suspense/action or something like that. not really looking for comedy, maybe a rom com if the girl is hot enough and i'm desperate enough
    Here you go. Not your typical Hollywood action flick - leave your brain on for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX5PwfEMBM0

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/snowpiercer/

Dobber Sports Star

I just watched Sex Tape. I laughed quite a bit, but overall an it's just an average comedy.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Man of Steel - 7/10
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower - 9/10
    The Way Way Back - 9/10
    Mud - 8.5
    Adult Children of Divorce - 7/10
    The NDHL 16 team dynasty league
    3C,6W,1F,4D,1G;G,A,PIM,+/-,STP,SOG,Hits,FOW,W,SO,GA,S
    C - Seguin, Turris, Dubinsky, Hertl, T.Johnson
    W - P.Kane, Killorn, R.Smith, Yakupov, Huberdeau, Eberle, Connolly, Jurco
    D - Barrie, Martin, Bogosian, Ellis, Hamonic, Spurgeon
    G - Holtby, Khudobin, Neuvirth
    Farm - Duclair, Mantha, Zucker, Reinhart, Armia, Ehlers, Fiala, K.Kapanen, Rychel, C.Murphy, Oleksiak, M.Jones

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Here you go. Not your typical Hollywood action flick - leave your brain on for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX5PwfEMBM0

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/snowpiercer/
    My wife hated that movie and I loved it. I like how it made me think about things, and she just thought it was strange and stupid!