Page 18 of 105 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Watched an "old" classic the other week with the mrs, we had downloaded it for our niece but anyway, Aladdin is pretty good as far as kids movies go... Musicals no less.

Saw the latest x-men recently too, really enjoyed it, though it was awesome, until the last 2 minutes...the ending was so awful it ruined the film for me. I won't talk about it and spoil, but anyone whose seen it will probably know want I'm getting at.

I'm also looking forward to the ape film, really liked the previous instalment.
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    I'm ape over the new ape movie coming out. Will see it next week. Will be my first movie in a long time. Happy viewing all.
    Yeah, I've been waiting for this one!! Outside of that, I vacant wait for:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVt32qoyhi0
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Sage

I have weird movie taste, so be forewarned...

Noah: 3/10. Boooo-ring. The CGI in this thing on the "watchers" reminded me of Bionicle shows my kids watch. If you're keen on the story and know the history there may be something there I'm missing. Couldn't find the time, nor desire, to finish it.
    Bad Neighbours: 5/10. Typical, but funny. Possibly because I can relate to some of it. I really found Seth Rogan's wife quite funny in this show. Was nice to see a good female comedic roll. Was a fun watch at the time.
    Lone Survivor: 7/10. A lot of people hated this because it was "unbelievable", and a lot of it was. Clearly, the story wouldn't be told if it wasn't incredible, but it was definitely hard to believe some of the shit they did. Still, pure, high-octane action. There's always time for one of those!
    The Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug: 5/10. I enjoyed it because I enjoy fantasy stuff, but it was long and just doesn't have what LOTR did. It feels as though Jackson is tired of putting the time and effort into these movies. Too many cheesy lines from characters that made for good comedic relief in the LOTR series. I may have enjoyed this one (and the first one) much more had they not come out after LOTR.

The Broken Circle Breakdown: 10/10 - The last movie I'll mention is one that only movie buffs who enjoy foreign films, folk/bluegrass music and unique and deep dramas, will like. It's a passionate and very sad movie, so if you enjoy something different that will evoke some strong emotion in ya, this could be the one. I watched without the subtitles the first time and I almost preferred it that way; the reading can take away from the incredible acting.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm going to check out Broken Circle Breakdown at some point this summer. I looked at the IMDB entry and it looks like something I would enjoy, and it has a few elements that are a little more personal as well. Thanks for the recommendation.

Banned

The Grand Budapest Hotel: Liked it, but expected more to come at every point in the movie. So I guess it makes it a tad disappointing? I liked it was different though,

Transformers Dark of the Moon: Loved it. Didn't care for the 2nd one, but this one was awesome. Can't wait to watch the latest one

Dobber Sports Expert

Bad Grandpa - 2/10 - Um, I think the jackass movies are funny. But taking one aspect of the jackass series and trying to make it a drama and have an actual story. meh. I give it a 2 for one scene with a giant Penguin. Johnny Knoxville can be quite hilarious.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Banned

I just watched Bad Words.

Had some funny moments. Mostly because the guy is insulting anyone that pisses him off.
    Did expect it to be more fun though.

Wouldn't watch it again

Dobber Sports Ninja

10 years later, finally watched Crash. Well acted, but not sure I see why it should have won best picture. Was awfully depressing. 5/10

Dobber Sports Guru

Saw Transformers 4 on Friday. Horrible movie. It just went on and on and on.

At one point, we thought they were just going to end it and have it as a two-parter. It was three hours long, and not even that good.

They set it up for a sequel pretty easily. But I think I'm done with this franchise for now.

0.5 stars out of 5.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Demi-God

My wife and I watched Her last night, with Joaquin Phoenix.
    I'm a sucker for those quieter indie-style movies... so I'd give it a 8.5/10.
    Really, really liked it.

Dobber Sports Sage

Wife wanted to watch American Hustle last night so I obliged. I heard it was very overrated but I enjoyed it overall.

3 stars

8.3 out of 10
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Saw Transformers 4 on Friday. Horrible movie. It just went on and on and on.

At one point, we thought they were just going to end it and have it as a two-parter. It was three hours long, and not even that good.

They set it up for a sequel pretty easily. But I think I'm done with this franchise for now.

0.5 stars out of 5.
    yeah I hear ya. The first one was unbelievably awesome. Now its just milking dollars.

They need to know when to stop for sure.e

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Wife wanted to watch American Hustle last night so I obliged. I heard it was very overrated but I enjoyed it overall.

3 stars

8.3 out of 10

This has been sitting in my queue for some time now but I fear my wife will hate it, and I'm not sure what I think of it. Might be a 1AM Saturday night type movie where I can shut it off and go to bed if I'm really not that into it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I've been on a rewatching binge the last while, so all of these five movies are retreads for me.

All the president's men - 4/5 - Goddamn amazing acting and pacing in this movie. Why don't they make this kind of movie anymore? I can't remember exactly, but I think there was very little soundtrack in this movie, so every time there was a tense scene, that had to be conveyed by the actors, who of course, being Hoffman and Redford with a brilliant supporting cast, did the job really well. These days it's mostly telegraphed by tense music that, hey, audience, now you should be on the edge of your seats!

The Ring - 4/5 - Still holds up. Still scares the crap out of me. Holy shit is the movie beautifully shot and Naomi Watts is very good in the lead. I was looking over my shoulder before the intro scene was over. At one point I got up to slice myself some watermelon and the movie was still running. I just found myself with goosebumps all over my body and laughed

The Ring Two - 2/5 - Huge meh. The script is a disaster and should probably never have been made into a movie. Watts and the kid playing her son are pretty good, but the movie is just so damn nonsensical that it annoyed me to no end. Still looks pretty, but not as beautiful as the first one.

A few good men - 5/5 - I don't know what it is, but this is one of my favorite movies. Maybe it's the Aaron Sorkin script, maybe it's Jack Nicholson's and Kiefer Sutherland's awesome performances as douchebags, maybe it's Tom Cruise's and Demi Moore's chemistry in having no chemistry... Seriously, Moore's character is supposed to be so awkward and blunt and she pulls it off so well. Kevin Pollak's quips and the "I WANT THE TRUTH! - YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!" sparring match between Cruise and Nicholson is also great.

Backdraft - 4/5 - This should probably be more of a 3/5, but I have such a weakness for this movie and all the other bombastic early 90s movies with underdogs. Sure, this is over the top, but it all comes together so nicely. The cast is spot on and the fire effects are very impressive. The soundtrack is so rah-rah, even more than The Rock's, with a very deep bass that it kind of blows your hair back. Well worth the rewatch.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    yeah I hear ya. The first one was unbelievably awesome. Now its just milking dollars.

They need to know when to stop for sure.e
    It's the top grossing movie of the year - by far. Why would they ever stop? If I were Michael Bay I would put out 10 more sequels of that filth.

I don't think he loses any sleep over the lack of Oscar consideration the franchise receives... I'm sure he sleeps pretty well on his cash filled mattresses.