Page 13 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Padawan

Gravity= 9/10

SFX are unlike anything I have ever seen before. On top of that, it will leave you thinking about what it all meant. A must see on the biggest screen possible

Dobber Sports Demi-God

A few weeks ago I watched:
    Moonrise Kingdom (4/5 stars).
    The kids in this movie are excellent, in that recent trend of quick-talking-kids... but without the angsty-ness of Dawson's Creek or Beverley Hills 90210 righteousness.
    Sort of dysfunctional family loser meets dysfunctional family loser.
    The movie sort of us has that wacky Royal Tenenbaums feel. Ed Norton as a scout leader is terrific. I'd definitely recommend.

I'm also currently watching Skyfall, though I won't review that because everybody has seen it already.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Watched Gravity this weekend in 3D at the theatre. I usuyally hate 3D but this movie was utterly superb in it.

Don't go expecting deep characters or a complicated plot. Don't go for scientific accuracy.

Go because you'll experience a movie that sucks you into space.

10/10 easily.

Dobber Sports Initiate

The Purge was terrible. Stupid concept that could never happen in real life. Kind of ruined it for me from the get-go.

Dobber Sports Ninja

GRAVITY was epic.

Watch it in IMAX or 3D... it's not the kind of movie you'll enjoy nearly as much on your tv.

Banned

I watched the Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey documentary recently and surprisingly was sucked into the story.

I'm not a Journey fan by any stretch (in fact, other than a certain nostalgic appreciation of it I despise all that 70s cheese rock shit). But I do have a lot of respect for Steve Perry though, he's got a helluva set of pipes...and besides that who doesn't love to sing Journey loud and off key when hammered?

Anyway, it was fascinating because they found this tiny little Filipino guy from Manilla who was singing in bars for pennies and somehow he sounds EXACTLY like Steve Perry so he becomes their new singer, crazy story!

7/10

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Watched Captain Phillips over the weekend

Overall it was enjoyable given it was based off of a true story. Caught a bit of a "Hero making" theme in the movie (especially having read that some of the crew thought the character was slightly inaccurate)

overall 7.5/10
    14 team H2H Partial Keeper 23/24 - Season 14
    Keep: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G and 1 Wild
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Trochek, Malkin, Scheifele, Seguin, Novak
    LW - J Robertson, M.Tkachuk, Barbashev, Sherwood
    RW - Kirill Kaprizov, Tippett, Evangelista, McBain
    D - Bouchard, K Miller, Valimaki, Forsling, Chabot
    G - Sorokin, Copley
    IR - Thompson, Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is an absolute classic...love that flick. One of Jack's finest films.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Agreed. The first time I saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, it kicked my ass. Nurse Ratched could go down as one of the most evil movie villains of all time for me. Amazing movie.

Rylant
    Do yourselves a favour and read the book, it is even better. It's written from the perspective of Big Chief which makes it fascinating.

Dobber Sports Guru

I watched that "Now You See Me" movie on a plane last weekend .... meh 6/10 some good parts but they really could have wrapped it up better. The ending definitely left me wanting more.

Dobber Sports Genius

I watched Gravity on the big screen and I didnt like it. It was probably the worst movie I had ever seen at a movie theatre. Good thing I had movi asses or I may of asked for my money back. I was bored throught out the movie as they kept doing the same thing over and over again. It was sooooooo unrealistic that I could barely watch it. If I was watching on my tv at home I would of changed the channel. The best thing about the movie was George Clooney, that tells you how bad it really was.

2/10.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ninja

Haha, yeah Gravity seems to be that way with people and I think it really depends on personality or maybe expectations. I have heard some people really hated the movie (though granted not that many), though most who went seriously loved it. Not a lot of 'meh' with it.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by maya has the knife View Post
    The Purge was terrible. Stupid concept that could never happen in real life. Kind of ruined it for me from the get-go.
    I watched it last night. I didn't mind the premise but if you are going to go that direction (pushing/exceeding realistic situations) at least write a decent script and hire a decent director. They could have done so much more with that concept and with the characters. Some decent violence but could have been much more. 5/10.

The Wolverine

I've never seen The Purge and don't plan on it. The first time I heard what it was about I lost interest right away.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well I burned through a bunch of movies the past few weeks.

The Hurt Locker - Some really stange dialogue, wasn't excited about the storyline, and had to force myself to finish it. 3/10

Tax Driver - A classic I had wanted to watch for some time. Meh. I really can't think of any Scorsese that I loved. I'm just not a fan of the "type" of movie that he puts together, despite the fact that they are usually well done. Oh except Hugo. Didn't mind that one with my kids. De Niro is a great actor of course, but the movie sort of dragged on for me. 6/10

West Side Story - This was last night's choice. If I had seen this before I had seen 75 other Romeo and Juliet renditions then I probably would have appreciated it more. I still enjoyed it because of Natalie Wood and the talent it took to put together a movie like that. 7/10

Twelve Angry Men - Brilliant. An entire movie based on 12 guys on jury duty. I just got called in for jury duty myself, so if I don't manage to get out of it maybe I'll need to break out some of Peter Fonda's techniques just for kicks! 9/10

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    at least write a decent script and hire a decent director. They could have done so much more with that concept and with the characters. Some decent violence but could have been much more. 5/10.
    I take it your gearing up for the Expendables 19? Gravity is all about the visual experience which was amazing and very few films can rival. The director is one of the most acclaimed out there right now, he is very innovative and using new techniques and technologies that are advancing film and cinema. The opening scene of 12 mins with no cuts for example (something most people don't realize or pick up on but is very challenging to pull off) I am just not saying this, alot of his peers like a little director by the name of James Cameron praise his work, I think their views and opinions carry some weight.
    12 Team H2H - 3C/3LW/3RW/4D/4BN
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO