Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I saw Hot Fuzz yesterday. Made by the same guys that made Shaun of the Dead and the new movie The World's End. Loved it! 4.5/5
    yea Hot Fuzz is the shit!
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Ninja

New You See Me - Really enjoyed it. Fun acting and good 'fun;' storyline. 8/10

Flipped - Utterly predictable, but cute, and my wife really loved it. Boy meets girl story. Directed by Rob Reiner, so you know what you're getting 7.5/10

Dobber Sports Stud

Mostly been watching docs lately.

Most recently I've seen:

"Last Days Here", which is summarized as follows on Wiki:

Last Days Here follows Bobby Liebling, lead singer of Pentagram, an Alexandria, Virginia-based heavy metal group founded in 1971 and active sporadically throughout the following four decades. At the film's outset, Liebling is in his 50s, living in his parents' basement, and addicted to drugs. After Pentagram's music is rediscovered by the heavy metal underground scene, Liebling begins to recover from his lifestyle. His friend and manager Sean "Pellet" Pelletier attempts to help Liebling overcome his drug addiction and escape his old life.

I highly recommend. I'm not a huge metal fan, but it's a fascinating portrait of addiction (and possibly borderline personality disorder), both in terms of the effects on the addict and on the people who love him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Had never gotten around to watching Chicago. My wife and I watched it tonight finally. I love musicals. I did NOT like Chicago. Felt like a waste of a movie. If I had seen it live I would have liked it, but as a film I thought it was a huge waste of resources. 4/10

The Wolverine

Watching Sharknado just now. All I can say is...wow. It's so bad I...just...can't...stop...watching....
    Last edited by horrorfan; September 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM.

Dobber Sports Pro

Elysium...6/10 (overall pretty disappointed in this one)

After-Earth...7/10 (not sure why this one received so much hate...far from perfect but the premise worked for me, I think Will Smith's kid has come a long way)

Meet The Millers.....7.5/10 (starts off slow, wait until they get to the airport though from that point on I really liked it)

Kick Ass 2...7/10 (could have better, but it worked for me)

Insidious: Chapter 2...7 out of 10 (enjoyed it but didn't love it)

World's End...6/10 (some enjoyable parts, overall not as good as Shaun of the Dead or especially Hot Fuzz)

Now You See Me...5.5 out of 10 (poorly executed is the word that comes to mind. James Franco's little brother has the best scene in the movie though)

R.I.P.D.....3/10 (Garbage. I gave it a 3 only because Marissa Miller is in it and she's totally a 10!!)

This Is The End...1/10 (what a worthless shitfest)
    Last edited by The Hockey Hitman; September 19, 2013 at 2:30 AM.

The Wolverine

Life Is Beautiful 10/10. Watched it again over the weekend and it's still a superb film. Roberto Benigni was brilliant and totally deserved that best actor Oscar.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Life is Beautiful really is a remarkable movie, you're right!

Friday nights are typically the only night I watch movies, but I usually try and watch one new"ish" one, and then an older one that I've never seen (which is a lot)

Terms of Endearment 7/10 - So it's sort of the classic tear-jerker chick flick, but as a parent of kids who has also had several friends lately pass away due to illness, this one was effective.

After Earth 3/10 - Had some interesting scenes but I thought the acting was horrific, it was utterly predictable, and just simply not fun to watch overall

Perks of Being a Wallflower 9/10 - Really really enjoyed the film. There are few movies that get 10/10 for me, but this one was a keeper for sure.

The Music Man 6/10 - Fun classic musical movie that we enjoyed, but that was it. Not a lot of depth, and the my wife and I both cringed at the way the lead female character let herself be toyed with.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 10/10 - Had never seen this, as for some reason I thought it was a horror movie, which it isn't at all. I am sure the book is even better, but this movie is everything a movie should be and Jack Nicholson is at his best (which is better than almost anyone else who can act). I am sure most of you have seen this but I had not and so glad I finally did.

Dobber Sports Pro

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is an absolute classic...love that flick. One of Jack's finest films.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 10/10 - Had never seen this, as for some reason I thought it was a horror movie, which it isn't at all. I am sure the book is even better, but this movie is everything a movie should be and Jack Nicholson is at his best (which is better than almost anyone else who can act). I am sure most of you have seen this but I had not and so glad I finally did.
    Agreed. The first time I saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, it kicked my ass. Nurse Ratched could go down as one of the most evil movie villains of all time for me. Amazing movie.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Think I have decided on The Hurt Locker for tonight, but I am looking for a pre-1980 movie for the doubleheader.

Leaning towards 12 Angry Men, but any suggestions out there?

Dobber Sports Genius

I caught the movie "Mud" the other week, not too shabby. 8/10
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Think I have decided on The Hurt Locker for tonight, but I am looking for a pre-1980 movie for the doubleheader.

Leaning towards 12 Angry Men, but any suggestions out there?
    The Hurt was very good. Intense fo'sure
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't have 5 movies but just watched:

Olympus Has Fallen - 4/10

um. Great action scenes, interesting overall idea. terribly written, so many plot holes and illogical angles. there are 3 codes, president tells the other two code holders to give them their codes because he will never give the code. Terrorists break the last code. ****ing stupid.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Just watched WWZ.

28 Days Later called and wanted their script back.
    @SmittysRant